Kawasaki Klx250S - Insurance For A New Bike

yannic

I got a very expensive offer for a 1st Class insurance, I was totally schocked :crazy:

Now my question what do you guys use for your bikes? Is it necessary to have a 1st class insurance or is it enough to have a 2nd Class or even 3rd Class insurance?

What do you guys pay for:

bike:

value of the bike:

1st class:

2nd class:

3rd class:

Just to have an idea. Even if it is not a KLX250, just interested. And what do you think is the insurance you need? And what is the most common insurance?

Kawasaki quoted me around 8900 bht on a brand new klx 250 last week

If bike got stolen they only pay out 110,000 bht

Not a very good deal really on a new bike that cost 155 k

But then again as long as it doesn't get stolen probably not a bad price I'd say there Is better options out there tan this

But then again as long as it doesn't get stolen probably not a bad price I'd say there Is better options out there tan this

thanks for the answer, was that a 2nd class insurance?

I use third class insurance on my new Suzuki. Covers damage to the other vehicle, my bike, medical for the other guy, me and my passenger if I have one. No theft, so I lock it where ever I go. Suzuki 125, ThaiSri Insurance. Price was about 3500 per year. You get the government insurance which covers a little medical when you register the bike.

• 4 weeks later...

ok took the insurance from Kawasaki Motoaholic, a first class insurance, paying for any damage with exchanging to new parts, in case of loss or stolen bike they pay 120k (so around 80% which seems to be commen also for cars in Thailand), price was 7,500 Baht.