Help Please!

donna

Can someone please tell me how to say "Allergic to Sesame Seeds" in Thai? I have a guest coming who cannot eat them. Although I know that these are not all that common in Thailand, I would still like to be able to tell them how to say it in Thai.

Thanks.

Actually, they are rather common in Thai cooking.

To avoid misunderstandings, bring a note with the Thai script:

ดิฉันแพ้เมล็ดงา ถ้ากินอาหารที่ใส่เมล็ดงา หรืออาหารที่มีงาเป็นส่วนประกอบ จะทำให้เกิดอาการแพ้อันหนัก ซึ่งสามารถข้าดิฉันให้ตายได้

You can try to say 'deechun pair malet ngaa' but since 'ngaa' is difficult for most westerners to pronounce, the note would be a better idea.

I have assumed your friend is female. If not, I will correct the text. It now reads something like this

'I am allergic to sesame seeds. If I eat food with sesame seeds or food which contains sesame, I will have a serious allergic reaction which can kill me.'

I am sure this can be written more eloquently in Thai, so wait for our native speakers to confirm or correct before printing, please. :o

ดิฉันแพ้เมล็ดงา ถ้ากินอาหารที่ใส่เมล็ดงา หรืออาหารที่มีงาเป็นส่วนประกอบ จะทำให้เกิดอาการแพ้อย่างหนัก ซึ่งสามารถฆ่าดิฉันให้ตายได้

still do good job again P' meadish_sweetball .. your TH above is perfect .. :o:D

these are some examples that i applied from your sentence

ดิฉันแพ้เมล็ดงา ถ้ากินอาหารที่ใส่เมล็ดงา หรืออาหารที่มีงาเป็นส่วนประกอบ จะทำให้เกิดอาการภูมิแพ้อย่างรุนแรง ซึ่งทำให้เป็นอันตรายถึงแก่ชีวิต

ดิฉันแพ้เมล็ดงา ถ้ากินอาหารที่ใส่เมล็ดงา หรืออาหารที่มีงาเป็นส่วนประกอบ จะทำให้เกิดอาการภูมิแพ้อย่างรุนแรง ซึ่งทำให้เป็นอันตรายถึงตายได้

Edited by BambinA