New Honda City Insurance

andyrichards

Funny, I just priced one at the dealer in Phitsanulok and had her write it up. The insurance was 16,000 and change. I thought THAT was high. Seems all dealers would be the same.

If you would like, I can drag the paper out of the car and scan it for you.

Edited by TongueThaied

Just picked up a priced-list from the Honda Main Show Rooms in Surin. 1st year insurance for the Honda City ranges from 25,074 to 27,203 THB for the different models. There is no mention of the 1st year insurance being free. In fact, it is included in the basic down payment for the on-road price.

I think it's expensive, but you can always change it next year. We just bought a Jazz SV and had to pay the same (25,000) for the first year first class insurance. What I find strange is that last spring we bought a new Accord 2.4 (at the same dealer as the Jazz), and the same insurance plan costs 28,000 for the Accord, which costs more than twice of Jazz.

When we complained to the dealer about this, they told us if we don't buy their insurance, they can't give us all the free stuff. Eventually we agreed on a different insurance which covers the same as the 25,000 one, but we have to bring the car for repair in BKK and then we only paid 18,000.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up a priced-list from the Honda Main Show Rooms in Surin. 1st year insurance for the Honda City ranges from 25,074 to 27,203 THB for the different models. There is no mention of the 1st year insurance being free. In fact, it is included in the basic down payment for the on-road price.

[/.

Just placed an order for new Honda city, and have been quoted 25,000 for insurance by the Honda dealer is this reasonable or not, as this is my first car that I have brought in Thailand so am not savvy about this.

[/.

How long is a piece of string?- Depends on several factors. No claims discount? Model?.....obviously if it's the top of the range model it will cost more to repair. My g/f bought a new City last year; (basic model) her first car. With no-claims and insurance was 20k but this year it has gone up to 22.5k. I think the rise not helped by the fact she had some minor damage repaired. I wish she had got the work done privately and not gone through her insurance as I think she would have saved.

Looking at her policy I can read that the first year no claim is 20 % and 10% year after.Off topic slightly, but what a wonderful little car. I drive it regulary and find it difficult to fault. My only concern is that it hasn't got air-bags! Oh! and the engine gets a little fussy when driven hard, but, I think most engines with vv (variable valve timing) do.Don't forget to load a flash drive for the entertainment with your favourite music.