PM Yingluck's Twitter Account Hacked!

Lite Beer

28,000 people link to this airhead's tweets - why? :huh:

Morbid curiosity?

Am I the only one that thinks that the ICT is over reacting? After all Yingluck's twitter account, I think, is her own private business, its not part of the government channels of communication.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28,000 people link to this airhead's tweets - why? :huh:

Morbid curiosity?

Am I the only one that thinks that the ICT is over reacting? After all Yingluck's twitter account, I think, is her own private business, its not part of the government channels of communication.

Of course they are overreacting. Probably because the messages posted hit a nerve. If the posts were just silly stuff, it wouldn't be very newsworthy.

This was an inevitable outcome of that thread we had a week or so ago whereby a geeneral stated Yingluck's Cambodian policy, having read it on her Facebook wall.

Nothing but criticism about Yingluck from Farrang on Thai visa. I live here and respect the fact that the vast majority of Thais want her and not the old social order that has been forced on them by the Amart for decades. I wish you Farrang would try to be more native and keep up with the word on the street.

Nothing but criticism about Yingluck from Farrang on Thai visa. I live here and respect the fact that the vast majority of Thais want her and not the old social order that has been forced on them by the Amart for decades. I wish you Farrang would try to be more native and keep up with the word on the street.

Yes but don't forget, they all know better than the Thai people.

This was an inevitable outcome of that thread we had a week or so ago whereby a geeneral stated Yingluck's Cambodian policy, having read it on her Facebook wall.

So our political function as expats is to mirror the majority sentiment on the street? Interesting theory. Why? Have we not our OWN minds?

Government spokesperson Thitima Chaisaeng said the Information, Communication and Technology Ministry will hold press conference on Monday to reveal the hacker's identity.

The hack must have hit a nerve, Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit complained today that there is a group with a nine step program to topple the Yingluck government. The other newspaper has a breakingnews item, soon on theNation (I hope :ermm: )

Let's not critisize Ms. Yingluck. She's new to things, just in the office, big brother is bothering her, people complain to her; and now her twitter account is hacked! Give the girl a break, she's still learning what she's supposed to do as PM. Takes time, come back in six months or so.

A vast majority of Thai might be slightly amused by now with all the media circus of Pheu Thai. Well at least half of them got their own brand of elite again to keep them down. Don't need no stranger from Bangkok to keep us down, now do we?

The word on the street is that lots of streets are wet with up to a few meters of water. Cost of living is rising. The poor don't profit from 'buy a car and a house' incentives. What are you doing, dear government?

Edited by rubl

Government spokesperson Thitima Chaisaeng said the Information, Communication and Technology Ministry will hold press conference on Monday to reveal the hacker's identity.

The hack must have hit a nerve, Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit complained today that there is a group with a nine step program to topple the Yingluck government. The other newspaper has a breakingnews item, soon on theNation (I hope :ermm: )

Yes, I read that too. Incredibly, the PTP spokesman spoke with great specificity about the imminent threat to PTP; listing each assault one by one. Equally incredibly, he wasn't able to communicate from where the threat emminated.

Soon, Pantongtae Shinawatra, the PM's counsin (Thaksin's son) tweeted: "Some people with ill intentions against the country have hacked the prime minister's account on Twitter posting messages that are divisive..."

I'm not going to defend the hacking of PM Yingluck's twitter account. That was wrong. To call it 'ill intentions against the country' seems very much overdone as a reaction. I mean a twitter account is personal, but not a state property. :ermm:

If Pantongthae is Thaksin's son and Yingluck is Thaksin's sister then that would make Yingluck Pantongthae's aunt therefore Pantongthae is Yingluck's nephew and not her "counsin" (sic). A mere detail in this saga. Whew!

By Thaksin's description of his sister, Yingluck could be construed as Pantongthae's sister.

Soon, Pantongtae Shinawatra, the PM's counsin (Thaksin's son) tweeted: "Some people with ill intentions against the country have hacked the prime minister's account on Twitter posting messages that are divisive..."

I'm not going to defend the hacking of PM Yingluck's twitter account. That was wrong. To call it 'ill intentions against the country' seems very much overdone as a reaction. I mean a twitter account is personal, but not a state property. :ermm:

If Pantongthae is Thaksin's son and Yingluck is Thaksin's sister then that would make Yingluck Pantongthae's aunt therefore Pantongthae is Yingluck's nephew and not her "counsin" (sic). A mere detail in this saga. Whew!

She doesn't want to be recognised as a Charley's aunt.

I could understand Yingluck going into a panic at the suspicion that other accounts may had been compromised, not just Twitter; can you imagine the s__t storm that would ensue if one of her e-mail accounts would be hacked and some of her correspondence with Thaksin comes to light?

By Thaksin's description of his sister, Yingluck could be construed as Pantongthae's sister.

"I raised her like my eldest daughter."

http://www.businessw...-investors.html

Wow, thanks for that Buchholz, that really added to the debate.

Meanwhile back to the OP.

For all those posters convinced that Twitter is a personal account and nothing to do with government they may wish to take into account Abhisits Facebook page. For example in a heart wringing message entitled "From Abhisits heart to Thai people throughout the country" he explained that he came to power with the support of parliamentarians, not the military, whilst curiously stating "I don't know who might have made the deal with the military but I have never talked to any military officers about the matter myself," - Duh, hello!

Twitter and Facebook, no matter what you think of their worth (not monetary), are contemporary forms of communication and no politician who is savvy will ignore them. As such the abuse of these communication mediums is an important matter and can have serious ramifications.The example above may still have repercussions if people really looked into it with regard to any future military influence on politics. (disclaimer: In no way do I suggest that Abhisits facebook message was hacked - he really said that!)

http://www.nationmul...i-30157118.html

Wow, thanks for that Buchholz, that really added to the debate.

Meanwhile back to the OP.

For all those posters convinced that Twitter is a personal account and nothing to do with government they may wish to take into account Abhisits Facebook page. For example in a heart wringing message entitled "From Abhisits heart to Thai people throughout the country" he explained that he came to power with the support of parliamentarians, not the military, whilst curiously stating "I don't know who might have made the deal with the military but I have never talked to any military officers about the matter myself," - Duh, hello!

Twitter and Facebook, no matter what you think of their worth (not monetary), are contemporary forms of communication and no politician who is savvy will ignore them. As such the abuse of these communication mediums is an important matter and can have serious ramifications.The example above may still have repercussions if people really looked into it with regard to any future military influence on politics. (disclaimer: In no way do I suggest that Abhisits facebook message was hacked - he really said that!)

As far as government is concerned, neither twitter accounts nor facebook account have a legal function. They are used, but neither is mentioned in the constitution or in any law regulating the government's working or voicing its activities towards the public. As such any message put on these social media has to be deemed personal rather than official. Even a typo cannot be used to sue the government.

If the government wants to use these social media officially they would first have to see a promulgation of laws ruling how the government may or may not use these media. In the mean time a personal account has been hacked. No need to cry havoc and let slip the (Pheu Thai / UDD) dogs of war <_<

Edited by rubl

SOCIAL NETWORKING

Hacker of PM's twitter account 'identified'

The Nation

30166669-01.jpg

Authorities have identified the man suspected of using his cellphone to hack into the Twitter account of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

"I know who and where you are and it's just a matter of time before police arrest you," Information and Communications Technology Minister Anudith Nakornthap said yesterday.

The hacker had used a mobile phone application to access Yingluck's account and another app to hide his location, Anudith said.

Starting at 10.20am, eight messages were posted to Twitter@PouYingluck. The highlights are the following.

"This country is a business we run for our cronies and not for the Thai people. We serve our supporters and not our opponents."

"Do the poor have a chance? We are exploiting the poor hoping for their votes to support us to plunder the country."

"Is it time for our country to change for the better and not project an image to aid businesses, vested interests and relatives?"

"Education is most important to the country. But why is there a policy for free distribution of tablets instead of a curriculum or wage hike for teachers?"

"You can't protect even your Twitter account. How can you safeguard the country? Think about it my brothers and sisters."

They were followed at 10.50am by a self-confession.

"Please be informed that a hacker has accessed the account and none of the messages is being posted by PM Yingluck."

Pheu Thai deputy spokesman Sunisa Lerpakawat said the prime minister was aware of the unauthorised access.

"The use of computers should be constructive, not destructive," she said.

The hijacking of the PM's account had tarnished the country's reputation, she said.

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit called on authorities to unmask the perpetrator and bring him to justice.

Yingluck also came under criticism from Democrat spokesman Chavanont Intarakolmalyasut for mispronouncing ya faek (vetiver grass) as ya praek (pesty grass).

"Even when the prime minister was reading a script, she read it wrong," he said.

She should apologise for her slip-up during her weekly radio address, he said, adding that he did not think it would be funny if 15.7 million Pheu Thai supporters decided to grow weeds instead of vetiver grass for flood prevention.

Democrat MP Watchara Phetthong said Yingluck had made too many gaffes lately. Her misleading remarks about the Navy's submarine procurement request came just last week, followed by the inability to distinguish between the grass to prevent soil erosion and the weed, he said.

Democrat MP Thepthai Senpong said the government should allocate equal airtime for opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to respond to Yingluck's radio show.

When the Democrats were in power, the Pheu Thai Party was allowed to host a television programme but it could not name its opposition leader, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-03

Phua Thai will now present this as a good reason to cancel the tablet computer giveaway

they don't want those pesky uneducated kids going on the internet and learning how to hack into public figures accounts and tell the truth

better to stop it before it starts.................

Pheu Thai deputy spokesman Sunisa Lerpakawat said the prime minister was aware of the unauthorised access.

"The use of computers should be constructive, not destructive," she said.

The hijacking of the PM's account had tarnished the country's reputation, she said.

oh geez.... this is the first mention of the AWOL Lieutenant and Thaksin confidante being in the government. She lost her bid to become an MP in the last election recently:

Comforting that Yingluck was still able to come up with a position for her brother's biographer. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing, too, as otherwise, she might cry.

So much for Thaksin author/confidant and new PTP MP candidate Sunisa's theory on young politicians :

6.jpg

I have no negative image as a politician and I am not corrupt. Luckily, I grew up at a time when people were taught not to be corrupt. I am a member of the young generation who are clean," she said.

Author Of Books On Thaksin To Contest Poll

Edited by Buchholz

She claimed that there is movement that tried to sabotage the premier.

Sabotage by posting truthful comments.

As said... the truth is "sabotage"...

"This country is a business we run for our cronies and not for the Thai people. We serve our supporters and not our opponents."

"Do the poor have a chance? We are exploiting the poor hoping for their votes to support us to plunder the country."

"Is it time for our country to change for the better and not project an image to aid businesses, vested interests and relatives?"

"Education is most important to the country. But why is there a policy for free distribution of tablets instead of a curriculum or wage hike for teachers?"

"You can't protect even your Twitter account. How can you safeguard the country? Think about it my brothers and sisters."

Nice touch by the writer to then finish up by writing yet another truth...

"Please be informed that a hacker has accessed the account and none of the messages is being posted by PM Yingluck."

Phiphidon, (Re: post #45)

From the article link above...

"I tried to distinguish between the role of political party and the people movement. I did not take their stage but protected their rights," he said. "I totally disagreed with their seizure of the Government House and the airports."

He may have disagreed with the government house and airports closures, but didn't hardly do squat about these "terrorist moves" in the legal system

"Even when the prime minister was reading a script, she read it wrong," he said.

:cheesy:

The woman needs a serious public speaking skills coach. I mean, we know she's just a puppet, but at least she should've read the script several times first before speaking.

"I tried to distinguish between the role of political party and the people movement. I did not take their stage but protected their rights," he said. "I totally disagreed with their seizure of the Government House and the airports."

He may have disagreed with the government house and airports closures, but didn't hardly do squat about these "terrorist moves" in the legal system

Politicians don't run the legal system - that would be a complete lack of separation on powers.

And neither of those events happened on his watch.

Politicians don't run the legal system - that would be a complete lack of separation on powers.

And neither of those events happened on his watch.

Tawp,

You know as well as I do, that the judicial system is a snails pac... But what WAS actually done with Sondhi and Gen. Dogman re: their closure movements DURING Mark's watch? They could have, like they and many other administrations have on other issues, pressured (re: coerced) the court system in doing something more viable. Vested interests in certain groups perhaps?

So it's Monday now,where is the smart guy with his announcement of the winner.

A member of the ICT Ministry investigative team said it was likely that the hackers were members of the Yingluck's own communications unit with access to the account passwords... which is quite plausible as it's certainly the easiest way to "hack" an account.

Edited by Buchholz

ICT minister says PM's only official social network account (as of now) is her FB account only. /via @lesasina /via@tulsathit

ICT minister says the person who hacked PM's twitter account must have been someone who didn't vote for Pheu Thai. Well.... /via@tulsathit