Places To Get A Non-Imm O Issued

Howdy.... my 1-year non-imm O is running out soon. Would like to get a new one without having to travel too far.

I see some past threads about going to Singapore and getting a tourist visa issued there. Is it also OK to get a 1-year non-imm O based on having a Thai child there? Any idea how many days I should schedule the trip for if I can go there for that purpose? I'm wondering if they'll complain that Im not a resident of Singapore so I shouldnt be using their embassy for that kind of application.

Singapore seems like a nice place to visit, I've never been there. If there's some reason it's not advisable, how about Japan or Hong kong?

Do not know of any consulates in the area that will issue more than single entry for having child. You are aware that extension of stay is available the same as marriage if taking care of child? That is what Consulates expect you to do.

I am almost positive that Singapore would not issue.

I see. I could also just apply for a tourist visa for now and do a new non-imm O later. Has anyone actually tried for a non-imm O there and been refused?

I hadn't heard about the extension thing for having a child, I thought it was just for marriage. I could look into that further. However, I would assume preparation and documentation are needed and actually I need to leave soon, I doubt I would have time.

I'm in the mood for a vacation anyway, I want to get away for a while, so I don't mind making a visa run. So a tourist visa could work just fine if a non-imm O is not possible.

Does anyone know about Hong Kong also, for the tourist visa at least, getting a tourist visa in Hong Kong, if not a non-imm O? Could be a chance to take my child to hong kong disneyland as well as get a tourist visa for the time being.

I'm definitely going to investigate the extension thing. However I'm planning to going back to the US soon for a while anyway, so going on a visa run for a tourist visa and getting a non-imm O back in the US later wouldnt be a bad option either. Also frankly I wouldnt mind an excuse to get away for a week on vacation.

Any idea how long it takes to get a tourist visa from the Thai singapore embassy?

Go for the 60 day extension from Immigrations for 1900 baht.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Again that's really useful information for me for the future, and I am appreciative of this thread for having told me about this.

However frankly, I am really itching to get the heck out of here and have a vacation somewhere else in SE Asia, so this is a perfect excuse and I actually would prefer to do a visa run. A 60 day tourist visa would be plenty, then after that I am going back to the US for a while, so there really would be no advantage to getting an extension at this time. I need a vacation and Singapore is looking very nice.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a tourist visa issued in Singapore?

Again thanks for the info on extensions, in the future I am sure it will be useful to me.

Again that's really useful information for me for the future, and I am appreciative of this thread for having told me about this.

However frankly, I am really itching to get the heck out of here and have a vacation somewhere else in SE Asia, so this is a perfect excuse and I actually would prefer to do a visa run. A 60 day tourist visa would be plenty, then after that I am going back to the US for a while, so there really would be no advantage to getting an extension at this time. I need a vacation and Singapore is looking very nice.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a tourist visa issued in Singapore?

Again thanks for the info on extensions, in the future I am sure it will be useful to me.

You could get the 60 day extension and also get a re-entry permit and still fly to Singapore for a holiday.

But the time you're in Singapore will eat into your 60 days.

You could get the 60 day extension and also get a re-entry permit and still fly to Singapore for a holiday.

But the time you're in Singapore will eat into your 60 days.

Or he could fly to Singapore and return on a visa exempt 30 day entry and later get a 60 day extension on that.

Sophon