Honorary Consul Attends Opening Of Children’S Home

Boater

Honorary Consul in Pattaya, Howard Miller attended the grand opening of the Mercy Center in Pattaya.

British Honorary Consul in Pattaya, Howard Miller was Guest of Honour at the Grand Opening of the Mercy Center in Pattaya, which has been named Baan Khong Por (Our Father’s Home).

The Honorary Consul joined international Directors of the Mercy Center, Fred and Dianne Doell in declaring the Center open, in front of hundreds of invited guests who were treated to a dancing display by the children which re-enforced the excellent work the Mercy Center undertakes.

Howard Miller said “It was a pleasure to attend the grand opening of the new Mercy Center and to see the smiles on the faces of the children which is something I will always remember.”

The Mercy Center is a charity project of the Haven Foundation and has been caring for children from broken homes and from poor families for the last 11 years. Thanks to donations from the private sector, they were able to relocate the original Mercy Center to their new location in Pong Municipality, in the eastern outskirts of Pattaya.

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/news/?view=PressR&id=663582982

Definitely a project I would like to support. I can strongly recommend you all to support such charity projects, instead of giving money to beggars in the street, or buying little overpriced things (like chewing gum) from children in tourist areas at night time.It is important that they not get used to, that it´s a more easy way of living to be a beggar, than to go to work every day.

Edited by Xonax