Tea Light Candles

LazyYogi

Does anyone know where I can buy regular tea light candles by the dozens in CM?

All I've been able to find are some fancy carved ones at the Night Bazaar, but they don't burn well and they aren't sold in bulk.

I just want plain white tea light candles for daily use, not for looking cute or as souvenirs.

We have a box of a dozen plain white tea candles in our pantry and they must have come from one of the in-town Tops or Rimping stores. Those are the only western-style grocery stores I visit. No transport, so don't visit the super stores. (Went once each to Tesco Lotus and Big C and don't see what all the fuss is about. Didn't see anything I couldn't buy "in town")

We have a box of a dozen plain white tea candles in our pantry and they must have come from one of the in-town Tops or Rimping stores. Those are the only western-style grocery stores I visit. No transport, so don't visit the super stores. (Went once each to Tesco Lotus and Big C and don't see what all the fuss is about. Didn't see anything I couldn't buy "in town")

They're cheaper.

And they have diapers in bigger packs.

Some things are cheaper. Some things are the same price. And occasionally, some things are more expensive in the superstores.

Also, some items can not be compared on a simple cheap/expensive scale. The quality of minced beef and pork, for example - Rimping does not sell the truly cheap and nasty stuff that Big C does... and some things are not available everywhere. For example, Rimping and Tops do not offer clothes, furniture, electronics, bicycles, etc.

They're cheaper.

And they have diapers in bigger packs.

Don't have to buy diapers. Plus I have to I pay the song thaews fares coming and going to the discount stores, plus wrestle with the bags myself. Much better to go to the Rim Ping Narawat, listen to classical music in chilling aircon while I shop and where normally I can ride along with the delivery driver (if I come in the middle of the day), have him bring all the groceries into my kitchen and say kind words to my cat and the neighbor's yapping dog.

I actually look forward to shopping days!

Edited by NancyL

Some things are cheaper. Some things are the same price. And occasionally, some things are more expensive in the superstores.

Also, some items can not be compared on a simple cheap/expensive scale. The quality of minced beef and pork, for example - Rimping does not sell the truly cheap and nasty stuff that Big C does... and some things are not available everywhere. For example, Rimping and Tops do not offer clothes, furniture, electronics, bicycles, etc.

+1

I actually shop all over the place, as follows:

Local fresh market: Vegetables and fruit, and some ready-made stuff like fried fish or Thai sausages.

Doi Kham Royal Project store: Other vegetables, and trout.

Rim Ping: Bacon, sausages, yogurt, Nestle baby milk (actually cheaper there for some weird reason), coffee from that Thom dude, which is magnificent, some wine, odd-ball Farang items.

Wine Connection: better wine

Makro: Meat, fresh fish & shrimp, toilet paper, regular table wine ('The Pump'; I like it; shoot me)

Baker Mart: Farang sauces, olive oil, nuts and dried fruit in bulk and of course items for baking.

Hillkoff: Coffee

Big C/ Tesco: Everything else.

7-Eleven: Ham/Cheese flavor Lay's chips.