Anyone Know Any Bars In Pattaya?

Card

I've been going to Pattaya for years and usually hang around the gay areas but just to drink a few beers and watch the world go by (really!). I love street theatre in Thailand - the best in the world and I can watch it for hours on end as long as I am in a congenial place. But I am really pissed off with the scene and need a place (no need to be gay at all) in Central Pattaya where I can frequent that is open-air, on a lively street without too much fumes from traffic, has a friendly clientelle and (not essential) has a good selection of beers and food. Must have staff that leave u alone and don't back-chat! Not keen on Walking Street.Is this just asking for too much?

Yes, I'd say you are asking too much...

I like Walking Street, as they really have nice music bars to sit without hassle from staff and watching people walk by... but Walking Street it shall not be for you...

There are some nice bars on beach road, personally I like to sit in Mulligan (Irish Pub in front of Central Festival), definitely no hassle from staff, but prices are high for food and beer and you have the "fumes" from beach road traffic, but can watch people walking by...

You have all the bars on Soi X where you don't have the fumes from traffic... but definitely have the hassle from "staff"...

So... you'll have to decide which is your biggest problem and accept the others coming with your decision, if you want to be in Central Pattaya...

I think the OP should take a look at soi Buakow (and all the sois off it) where there are many reasonably-priced bars where one can sit in peace and watch the street-life. It's a long soi, and has something for just about every taste.

Cant imagine why anyone ever goes to Walking Street, unless they like being bored and fleeced at the same time.

Try Cheers Bar on Pattayaland Soi 2. Their sign used to read No Hostesses No Hassles. They don't do food but have the menus from many nearby places and are happy to get their staff to order the food for you to eat there. Owned by Welsh, American guys with their Thai wives. Quiet and a good view for people watching.

I like Kate Siree on Soi Bukhao, the open bar on Beach Rd at the bottom of Soi 8 or the Best Beer Bar complex a bit further along Beach Rd after Royal Plaza. None of these places do food but there are plenty of local options nearby.

On WS the bars at the end of the 2 Beer Bar complexes are OK and not too loud, particularly Frog and the bar opposite.

I also like late afternoon / early evening drinking in the row of bars on 2nd Rd that are opposite Soi Honey Inn.

Pooks bar on Soi 6 is OK before the music gets too loud. You're never bored sitting there and watching the world go by.

Simon

Edited by londoedan

Try Cheers Bar on Pattayaland Soi 2. Their sign used to read No Hostesses No Hassles. They don't do food but have the menus from many nearby places and are happy to get their staff to order the food for you to eat there. Owned by Welsh, American guys with their Thai wives. Quiet and a good view for people watching.

Yes i'll agree with you there and Collin the Welsh half can help with many questions that you have.

I like to do the same on Walking street @soi 14 (across from thai kickboxing bar) at the open air bar there that looks across walking street to the Jenny Star bar where the ladyboys try hitting on every guy that comes by, and watching them figure out or not figure out they are ladyboys and theres one phoom phooey fred flintstone in a dress that thinks shes the star attraction if you get bored go next door and play pool or walk down soi14 to Blues factory for some good live rock and roll

I like to do the same on Walking street @soi 14 (across from thai kickboxing bar) at the open air bar there that looks across walking street to the Jenny Star bar where the ladyboys try hitting on every guy that comes by, and watching them figure out or not figure out they are ladyboys and theres one phoom phooey fred flintstone in a dress that thinks shes the star attraction if you get bored go next door and play pool or walk down soi14 to Blues factory for some good live rock and roll

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't sound like what I'm after at all. I'm into Blues, big time, but the Blues factory acts start way too late for an old codger like me.

I will try Walking Street again, but last time I went, it was like Armaggedon on Speed. When I said I like to watch the world go by, I was really referring to Thais rather than some group of retarded farangs vomiting all over the place. I like to see how far Thais can break all the norms that us farangs have been trained to expect. Vomiting, rudeness etc (although I like to see a good scrap sometimes), arguing etc is Ok but I'm after something a bit more Thai-style (like falling off motorbikes, without a scrape, 5 people and a wardrobe on a motorbike, BIB's taking their well-earned tea money, street walkers sizing up the opposition etc).

.....I'm after something a bit more Thai-style (like falling off motorbikes, without a scrape, 5 people and a wardrobe on a motorbike, BIB's taking their well-earned tea money, street walkers sizing up the opposition etc).

Soi Buakow.

You get farangs making fools of themselves as the icing on the cake.

In soi 13/1 just down from the lovely bar on 2 nd road is a swiss bar with tables out side and no hassle staff and they do swiss/german.food and

the best bit is you are directly across from the lady boy bar over the road and the B/J bar next to it . Lots of fun watching farang try to sneak into both of those!

Try the Triangle bar on Soi Chaiyapoon and Soi Xcyte just off of Soi Boukeau (sp). It is right where Soi Chaiyapoon splits to Soi Xcyte. Triangle shaped bar with seating on the street on both side, great for people watching and 9am to 9pm all drinks are buy 1 get 1 free. Example Beer Chang B65 for 2.

I like the beer garden at the entrance to WS, on the water side. If you are lucky, you can get the corner table which is out over the water and has a great view of Pattaya. And if done at dark, you don't see all the "warts" Pattaya has.

Nobody has every hassled me there and the beer is cheap. Great breeze, quiet, fantastic location. It's really beautiful at night.

Okay, if I am eating food at some restaurant, yeah, watching the world go by, can be fun.

However, as a goal in life, watching the world go by, is kinda sad.

Why not be part of life, and part of the world in which you live. There are lots of people around here who need help --- you will receive rich rewards, but not money, of course.

I like the beer garden at the entrance to WS, on the water side. If you are lucky, you can get the corner table which is out over the water and has a great view of Pattaya. And if done at dark, you don't see all the "warts" Pattaya has.

Nobody has every hassled me there and the beer is cheap. Great breeze, quiet, fantastic location. It's really beautiful at night.

Oi! That's my chair! biggrin.gif

HA! Next time I'm there, which is rarely, I'll see if it's occupied. If it is, I'll give you a wave!!! :jap:

HA! Next time I'm there, which is rarely, I'll see if it's occupied. If it is, I'll give you a wave!!! :jap:

Whew! Rare for me too but its a nice spot. smile.gif

Okay, if I am eating food at some restaurant, yeah, watching the world go by, can be fun.

Why not be part of life, and part of the world in which you live. There are lots of people around here who need help --- you will receive rich rewards, but not money, of course.

Examples?

try LEK bar bottom of soi 7 no girls charlie and Lek good company ,just sit and watch the world go by .

When I,m in town I,ll be found at Lek and Charlie's place. Been going there since they opened the bar after moving from one of the outdoor bars further up Soi 7 over 10 years ago.

Charlie has a wide range of music to choose from.

Not been in lately, what QPR in the prem and Sheff Utd two leagues below I'm not sure if I could take the teasing.

Examples?

I also really enjoy watching the world go by from bars in Pattaya and Thailand in general, but perhaps Jombom has a point.

I think he is referring to volunteer work at one of the orphanages in Pattaya, volunteer teaching of English or some other un-paid work. I've noticed quite a lot of good-willed farangs do whilst living / visiting Thailand. I'd like to spend some of my time doing this when I retire in a couple of years.

Simon

Examples?

I also really enjoy watching the world go by from bars in Pattaya and Thailand in general, but perhaps Jombom has a point.

I think he is referring to volunteer work at one of the orphanages in Pattaya, volunteer teaching of English or some other un-paid work. I've noticed quite a lot of good-willed farangs do whilst living / visiting Thailand. I'd like to spend some of my time doing this when I retire in a couple of years.

Simon

mmmm.... of course he could be talking about helping farangs at the police station who have got drunk or drugged and been involved in fighting the local mafia or their girlfriends and lost all their cash, instead of whiling their time away watching the world go around. Now that would be a worthwhile project and keep me well away from my sad life of ease - so let's hear what jombom has to say first.

Edited by Card

What a coincedance ,thats where the wife and i sit sometimes on a saturday ,to watch the world go by. :)

What a coincedance ,thats where the wife and i sit sometimes on a saturday ,to watch the world go by. :)

Its a nice place to hangout,bargirls don't bother you, endless parade of people, I like the groups of Korean and Chinese being marched around, but never going inside any bars or buying anything, oldest ugliest MF with the hottest chick, 8 yr old contortionist, russian hotties and like swinging into Blues Factory when Lam Morrison and the RockDoggs? play, seafood restuarant down that soi for a late night snack, GF dared me to short time Ms Phoom Phooey but I passed, Callao

Jac tar bar soi 6 no girls so no hassel food is spot on and the views are spot on :whistling:

I thought the OP said that he was Gay inclined .In that case i think soi 6 is out .Jack tar is no hassle but you do jet a smell of 10,000 pussyies in heat . :o