Sunrise Tacos Coming To Jomtien!

Jingthing

3 TVs have also now been installed, with 2 more coming. All are high definition. We will show sports, fashion, MMA, etc

I thought it was going to be a restaurant not a diner / sports bar?

Yes, we're a restaurant, not a bar per se. However, we have background music, and TVs to add something a bit extra to the dining room. Typically, the TVs are silent unless their is a major sporting event. We will keep some sound on the bar TV.

Gil

Going Thai I see...never understood the Thai penchant for having a dozen TV's on with the sound off! Very distracting and seems like a terrible waste of energy; not to mention just plain stupid.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 TVs have also now been installed, with 2 more coming. All are high definition. We will show sports, fashion, MMA, etc

Yes, we're a restaurant, not a bar per se. However, we have background music, and TVs to add something a bit extra to the dining room. Typically, the TVs are silent unless their is a major sporting event. We will keep some sound on the bar TV.

Gil

Going Thai I see...never understood the Thai penchant for having a dozen TV's on with the sound off! Very distracting and seems like a terrible waste of energy; not to mention just plain stupid.

It is truly amazing how a few keyboard warriors can offer such silly advice. I am sure the the owner has researched this (and many other things) and noted how the other successful franchises are operated. Gil I am looking foreward to your opening, please disregard some of these stupid comments or you will end up like a dog chasing his own tail. :(

Edited by gerry53

It is truly amazing how a few keyboard warriors can offer such silly advice. I am sure the the owner has researched this (and many other things) and noted how the other successful franchises are operated. Gil I am looking foreward to your opening, please disregard some of these stupid comments or you will end up like a dog chasing his own tail. :(

Ditto.

I'm kind of a purist that way too but if they have decent burritos I don't care if there's a live polo match in the room.

Could always get a takeaway I suppose, especially if the only beer they will have is Heineken?

We have many beers - Heineken, Tiger, Corona, San Miguel, Tiger Crystal, San Mig Light, etc.

Gil

Do you do Archa?

Just past the place tonight, 24hr opening, perfect. Any menu available yet?

Hi,

Great question, attached is our menu. We revamped our menu recently, I think the results worked out really well. It has been a hit.

We are still working on the pies, so for the moment, they won't be available for another week or so. Everything else though, will be available. Please disregard the BKK tel menu, our local ordering number will be 038-303067. We are hoping to have several delivery bikes, or use one of the local delivery services (Food by Phone, etc). Does anybody have a preference for delivery? I know that some delivery services can take a bit more time, we might be faster if we did it ourselves?

Thank you,

Gil

Hi,

Great question, attached is our menu. We revamped our menu recently, I think the results worked out really well. It has been a hit.

We are still working on the pies, so for the moment, they won't be available for another week or so. Everything else though, will be available. Please disregard the BKK tel menu, our local ordering number will be 038-303067. We are hoping to have several delivery bikes, or use one of the local delivery services (Food by Phone, etc). Does anybody have a preference for delivery? I know that some delivery services can take a bit more time, we might be faster if we did it ourselves?

Thank you,

Gil

http://www.sunrisetacos.com/menu.html

Link to menu. Just noticed 2mb upload limit here, our menu is about 4mb. Please download at your convenience.

Gil

Hi,

Thank you,

Gil

http://www.sunrisetacos.com/menu.html

Link to menu. Just noticed 2mb upload limit here, our menu is about 4mb. Please download at your convenience.

Gil

just started reading that menu

got to mid way through the starters and had to give up

much too much salivating going on and its only breakfast time.......

Not sure of demand for 24 hour service at that location...likely to be little foot traffic after midnite. If it was somewhere near Walking Street it would be a different story. Also, the Mexi-food menu limits the 24 hour appeal...I mean how many people want a enchilada combination plate at 8 in the morning?

Not sure of demand for 24 hour service at that location...likely to be little foot traffic after midnite. If it was somewhere near Walking Street it would be a different story. Also, the Mexi-food menu limits the 24 hour appeal...I mean how many people want a enchilada combination plate at 8 in the morning?

They have breakfast burritos (an American-Mexican creation) and chilaquiles, a classic Mexican breakfast dish.

As far as 3 in the morning, I can certainly imagine some people wanting a taco snack then.

Lots of people on late night schedules in a vacation/nightlife city like this.

If it turns out there is no business at this new place in the late night, early morning hours I trust the management is competent to make a business decision about how to deal with that. For all we know, those slow times are used for food prep for the upcoming busy day.

Edited by Jingthing

I hope the new business at least tries out doing their OWN deliveries and see how that works. I personally have a bias on using deliveries only directly from the businesses and won't use any outsourced ones. I have no idea how many people feel like me, so I am just voicing my preference.

They have breakfast burritos (an American-Mexican creation) and chilaquiles, a classic Mexican breakfast dish.

As far as 3 in the morning, I can certainly imagine some people wanting a taco snack then.

If it turns out there is no business at this new place in the late night, early morning hours I trust the management is competent to make a business decision about how to deal with that. For all we know, those slow times are used for food prep for the upcoming busy day.

But 99% of those people will be in the W-S vicinity and highly unlikely to trundle all the way over the hill and down to the Jomtien Complex for that taco. The only people around Jomtien Beach at 3 am are the other 1% looking to pickup a trannie (maybe they've done some market research and found that this group is inordinatly found of late nite Mex-food...like a big enchilada).

And two items hardly a breakfast menu makes. I wish Gil all the best but just think 24/7 will be a money looser...8 to midnite will do nicely.

Edited by FarangBuddha

I personally have a bias on using deliveries only directly from the businesses and won't use any outsourced ones. I have no idea how many people feel like me, so I am just voicing my preference.

Me too. Why pay for a service if you can get it for free? :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.

I personally have a bias on using deliveries only directly from the businesses and won't use any outsourced ones. I have no idea how many people feel like me, so I am just voicing my preference.

Not always, dude. Some businesses charge a delivery fee which is of course justified if it is far, and also I personally tip the delivery people.

But 99% of those people will be in the W-S vicinity and highly unlikely to trundle all the way over the hill and down to the Jomtien Complex for that taco. The only people around Jomtien Beach at 3 am are the other 1% looking to pickup a trannie (maybe they've done some market research and found that this group is inordinatly found of late nite Mex-food...like a big enchilada).

And two items hardly a breakfast menu makes. I wish Gil all the best but just think 24/7 will be a money looser...8 to midnite will do nicely.

You're quite negative. You are also forgetting the thousands of tourists and full time residents staying within walking distance of the place. Let's just let the owners try it and see.

Not always, dude. Some businesses charge a delivery fee which is of course justified if it is far, and also I personally tip the delivery people.

True, but restaurant owners usually charge much less for delivery as they make a profit on the food.

True, but restaurant owners usually charge much less for delivery as they make a profit on the food.

Hopefully, a win win for business and customer. What's not to like?

Food looks great from the menu pics, but they're one of the minority of local restaurants that add 17% (+10% service + 7% VAT) to the check-bin.

That takes their 220 Baht Tacos to almost 260 Baht or almost US$3 per Taco! -- Sounds almost like U.S. prices - sure hope they're delicious . . . :D

Food looks great from the menu pics, but they're one of the minority of local restaurants that add 17% (+10% service + 7% VAT) to the check-bin.

That takes their 220 Baht Tacos to almost 260 Baht or almost US$3 per Taco! -- Sounds almost like U.S. prices - sure hope they're delicious . . . :D

I hate that^ that has just killed it for a lot of people!

I hate that^ that has just killed it for a lot of people!

I know the manager is reading this thread and he should listen to the above. We f*kin hate that ++ business. Let us tip your excellent staff appropriately! jap.gif