Thai MP Chuwit's Video Nails Paddy, Gas Smugglers

webfact

I think he is good. How he is still walking upright is a mystery to me. His bodyguards must have some awesome training. I hope he keeps it up. disclaimer I'm a US citizen. Pretty sorry of my govt. to deny him a visa.

The amazing Thailand...

7 years ago the very thought of a politician (x massage parlour tycoon) wielding a sledgehammer whilst campaigning against Taksin was a laughable and ridiculous idea. We all snubbed it for sure...

Nowdays im having second thoughts about this crazy guy - If Taksins sister can win an election with zero experience and pretend to be a PM

Then just maybe Chuwit can too - And to be honest - i am starting to have way more respect for the man - afterall he has done more to uncover corruption than any police or Gov official has in their lifetimes.

Chuwit has got my vote - even if he is an egotistical idiot... At least for now he is sporting some big cohonas...

Chuwit has got my vote - even if he is an egotistical idiot...

I don't think that's any bar to the top job in politics anywhere in the world and some would say in reality that's what Thailand has now.

Edited by kimamey

Rice and gas smuggling has been going on for a few years now, harvest time has a steady stream of tractors bringing rice across.

The negative to the locals is that the mills will not give them the going rate because they have so much cheap Cambodian rice. So the local growers are forced to sell their rice further away from the border.

Funny Thais, they seem to respect their neighbors for successfully smuggling in one breath and cursing them in another for causing local prices to fall.

Edited by Sakeopete