Dvd Rental .. 20 Baht Well Spent !

dave2

i rent a movie from one of three dvd rental shops ( the ones you see all over town with the same posters in ) most days and today

a new dvd arrived in chiang mai from Disney called .... african cats

if you like big cat / animal / wildlife films this documentary film with a bit of a soppy comentry in english

is beautifully filmed with some stunning scenes and close ups of all sorts of animals then this ones for you

this is one of their shops.

take some sort of id .. ask to become a member and they will give you a membership number like a bar code

and you show that every time you rent ... new films are 20 baht for 24 hours ... old films are 20 baht for three days

best 20 baht ive spent for a long time ... 10 out of 10 for disney .. dave2.

ps ... if you want to see a really good / heart warming film look for ... hachi .. in their shops .. its old but it was good

pps ... dont go to the big shop on the inside of the north moat ... they ask you to pay about a thousand baht up front to rent so many? films

go to one of the smaller shops often near markets !

post-42592-0-09376400-1318000481_thumb.j

post-42592-0-17519300-1318000514_thumb.j

Thanks for that, Dave. I don't like thai television and have the hotel take it out of my room, but I don't mind watching movies on my laptop. I also don't want to buy movie CDs because I never know the quality and I'm not sure about bringing them back to Canada with the bully boy idiots we have in customs.

pps ... dont go to the big shop on the inside of the north moat ... they ask you to pay about a thousand baht up front to rent so many? films

Thanks for that. I did not join for that very reason, but might check one of the others out.

Edited by Ulysses G.

"i rent a movie from one of three dvd rental shops ( the ones you see all over town with the same posters in ) most days and today".

Can you give a location or two Dave (preferably not way up north) - I don't usually keep my eyes open for DVD rental shops?

Any preferences? smile.gif

u g ... uptheos

these dvd places are just llike thai banks ... if one says no try another

this shop opposite wat prah singh would rent me a film no problem

but they wanted 500 baht deposit for every one .... nahhh

this shop in chang klan road wanted proof of id and 20 baht ... sorted : )

thats how i did it and i dont speak thai and you wont find many english speakers in thes shops

i rent by the picture on the front and if its in english or has english subtitles ive had some really dire films

that i stopped after 10 mins .... they were that bad .... but who cares its only 20 baht !

dave2

ps ... tonight ive got ... ice quake : ) .... maybe ?

post-42592-0-94408300-1318073365_thumb.j

post-42592-0-68732900-1318073404_thumb.j

mangoandco.

re .. I always assumed they had only movies in Thai or with Thai subtitles.

nahhh ... they have a lot of chinese , korean . japanese etc but they have english

american and all sorts all you have to look for is if english language or subtitles

is listed in the language box which you will need a magnifying glass to read

i just show them the box ... say english ? and they look for me

dave2

ps .. tonight ive got another disney called spooky buddies about a pack of dogs .... might be fun : )