How Do I Get A Fixed Internal Telephone

DEVATSAR

Hi all,

Two questions

1. How do i get a fixed internal telephone set up in my house, I live in Pattaya but need a normal standard fixed house phone, I have no idea as to the procedure or suppliers of this service, can anyone help. How long would this take to sort out >

2 I am looking to buy a I Pad 2 , dont want 3g, just wi- fi, seem them in TUT KOM in Pattaya, It will be used mainly for my work, need internet access, i have a wireless pc at home.

Do you think 32mb would be fast enough ? Whats the disadvantgee of this product (if any) Wjats your views on this. I wont be playing any games on this i pad 2

Looking forward to hearing from you

Paul

Regarding your fixed line telephone.there are primarily two providers, TOT and TT&T. I really depends on where you live in Pattaya as to which you can use. I you live in a condo, apartment, or village, they sometimes require you to use a specific provider. You would have to check with the manager first. If not, then it depends who provides cables in your area. You would then have to ask your neighbors and/or check with the providers. Some areas are not serviced, or there are no more lines available. You may end up on a waiting list.

Best thing is to ask you manager (if you have one) or the neighbors. then ask the providers. The main office for TOT is on the corner or 3rd road (Sai Sam) and central Pattaya road (Pattaya Klang). There a tall radio antenna there. The main office for TT&T is is in the Bic C Xtra (perviously know as CarreFour) shopping center on central Pattaya road (Pattaya Klang) on the upper floor.

Depending on your situation it could take from 2 weeks to 5 years. It depends if a line is available. These companies only provide the service to a junction box outside the house you. If the house has no cable going from the junction box to the house, you will need to hire an electrician to run the wire from the junction box to inside the house. (usually the installer will offer to do this on his 'own' time). You will have to buy all materials from the junction box to the jack(s) inside the house, including a phone handset.

If your house is already wired up to a line, you would have to find out who the provider is to the line. The previous owner or landlord should know. Once you find out, it should take about 2 weeks. You will have to buy the phone handset.

Phone handsets are sold all over Pattaya. Primarily the phone providers, Big C, Lotus, Office equipment, and consumer electronic shops.

As far at the iPad... I will leave it to others to comment. I'm not an Apple fan.

Edited by BB1950

" I am looking to buy a I Pad 2 , dont want 3g, just wi- fi, seem them in TUT KOM in Pattaya, It will be used mainly for my work, need internet access, i have a wireless pc at home.

Do you think 32mb would be fast enough ? Whats the disadvantgee of this product (if any) Wjats your views on this. I wont be playing any games on this i pad 2"

What will you be doing with it then? The iPad is basically a media playback device, web browser (not all webpages will display correctly), email (with no proper keyboard) and games machine. They are not work devices at all.

The "32" has nothing to do with speed, it is a measure (in gigabytes, not megabytes) of the built-in storage. This is only relevant if you want to fill the storage up with films, music etc.

Why dont you go to the Apple shop in Central Festival and play with one of these things, to see what (little) they can actually do?

For work use most people would be better off looking at a very portable laptop than a tablet device.

Another disadvantage with Apple products is that you never stop paying to use them, as everything for them generally costs more than it would for a competing brand, because Apple like to take a cut and they go to extreme lengths to lock out any competition.