Dolphin World And Resort

hotandhumid

I have been to there website and the English translation doesn't work and looked elsewhere but can't find out. I heard it has opened but not confirmed.

If it is open, has anyone been yet? is it any good? How much is it to get in? and where is it exactly?

Thanks

H&H

Took the family 3 weekends ago. Yes it is in it's "soft opening" stage. Laughed and went to walk out when they tried to charge 500 per adult and 300 per child, that said on production of Thai ID price did reduce to Thai price and the two year old suddenly became free! In total 420 baht for two adults one child. First place that has ever photocopied and asked me to sign but not a big issue. Very helpful reception staff, not much there yet apart from the Dolphin show itself so do check times as we just missed the 13.30 show and had to wait for the 15:00 show and difficult to keep the kids amused whilst waiting. Small cafe soft drinks only and a "restaurant" but did not try the food. Dolphin show O.K. but I have seen many in the USA so personally not a big hit with me but the kids and my partner did enjoy it. Two pink bottle nose dolphins and two Irwaddee did the show very commercial and not based on "natural" behaviours in my opinion lasted about 40 mins. My biggest problem and why I would never return was the treatment of the small ponies that they have to give pony rides. Fortunately my kids were focussed on the show and did not witness the brutality (had the pony hog tied on one front leg and then beat it to go down on it's knees obviously trying to teach it to bow). My concern would be if they treat the ponies in such a manner how are the dolphins trained but I know very little about dolphin training but am a BHSAI when it comes to horses. Follow Sukhumvit out of Pattaya towards Sattahip. LHS just after 7/ 11 road for Phoenix Golf Course (well sign posted), take left turn follow road past Phoenix Golf Course and about 1 KM past turn left but in essence follow the blue and pink flags up the Phoenix Road and then follow down Soi. Easy parking. With regards to the website I couldn't make it work either and the phone just went unanswered. Hope this helps.

Any place that makes animals do things by force should be banned by law, and the owners thrown in jail indefinitely.

There is no possible excuse for it.

Thankfully most civilised countries are finally turning in this direction. Better late than never.

personally i think this thread should be closed

TV is giving free publicity to an attraction that exploits animals

if this kind of thing is going to exist then they should dam_n well be made to pay for the advertising for it

i won't be going

further to that i suggest TV members watch 'The Cove' then go and see the dolphins.........

Looks like all the OPs questions have been answered so before we all get embroiled in the rights and wrongs of animals in captivity I will close this topic.

//CLOSED//