Reasonable Price - Condo Ratchada?

Hello.

From reading a little bit about condo prices for westerners vs. thais I just thought I would ask this here. What would be a reasonable monthly rate for a condo in Ratchada? More accurately LA Tower I believe it's called and should be located at Inthamara 47. One room condo price and also price for condo with bedroom. My girlfriend is currently looking around so we should be able to get the thai price. I will not be going to Bnagkok before end of december. Are the estimates for 150baht/month for water and 500baht/month for electricity ok or does it seem like the landlord is taking a cut. Small change I know, but I am on a student loan.:o

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you are getting taken for a ride, small change or not.

you should ask if the charge according to the meter. Every room should have an individual meter. The electricity bill, which will probably be in the name of the owner, shoud be given to you and you should be given the option of paying for it yourself (eg at a 7-11) or the building mangement company should offer to take care of it for something like 10 baht over the cost of the bill.

Water should be about 16 baht per unit. Living alone you probably wouldn't expect to use more than 2 to 3 units per month.

One room condo price and also price for condo with bedroom. My girlfriend is currently looking around so we should be able to get the thai price. I will not be going to Bnagkok before end of december. Are the estimates for 150baht/month for water and 500baht/month for electricity ok or does it seem like the landlord is taking a cut. Small change I know, but I am on a student loan.:o

Cheers

For such a place, the electricity and water may add 50%. Oh, furniture renting too. Some fittings are inbuilt, u can't remove them or tell u don't want them.

Instead of 2.2 baht for electricity, you may be paying 5.

A room that is 8500B per month can easily go to 13-14K baht during hot months.

500 baht a month sounds really excellent for electricity.

i ended up paying around 3000 THB a month the first time i stayed in bkk by myself - and i wasn't even around that much. i realise now that i got completely ripped off and didn't know it at the time. ARGH!

just one of those things, i guess. now i know better... :o