Iphone 4S Availability In Thailand?

hinhua

mmmm ... was hoping they'd be more like 22,500bht ($730)

So, in MBK

16gb 24,000bht = $780

32gb 28,500bht = $925

in U.S. unlocked

16gb $650 (20,000bht)

32gb $750 (23,100bht)

Australia unlocked

16gb $800 (25,050bht)

32gb $900 (28,150bht)

Singapore unlocked

16gb $948 (22,580bht)

32gb $1088 (25,900bht)

Canada unlocked

16gb $650 (19,650bht)

32gb $750 (22,650bht)

Hong Kong unlocked

16gb $5,088 (20,150bht)

32gb $5,888 (23,300bht)

* Thai bht prices as at todays rate 15/11/2011 iP app

cheers Trajan

Edited by buzz

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically I am willing to pick up a factory unlocked phone at the Apple store in Montreal Canada, 649 (16gb) + 15.5% Sales Tax, plus a 15% charge for me to pick it up and transport it to you. for a total of (649.00 + 100.60tax ) +112.00 = 861.10 CDN (THB - 26,500).

We could make arrangements to meet in BKK on the 20th or 21st of Nov (Asoke area) to exchange a new sealed iphone 4s for cash.

Im pretty much in love with my 64GB white and can't wait to finally try a factory unlocked phone in BKK..... Always been jailbroken/unlocked iphones in the past.

Let me know if anyone is interested, obviouisly im limited as to how many I could go and purchase ober the next 3.5 days prior to departure.

Cheers!

Edited by quadman

This guy is funny, he offered me a higher price then in MBK, go figure.

I am buying for 26000, if somebody has it, let me know, white 32 gb

LOL ... met too ... 16gb 26,500 fm Canada pick-up Soi Asoke, or go down town to MBK and get it for 24,000 or maybe even 23,000bht

LOL ... met too ... 16gb 26,500 fm Canada pick-up Soi Asoke, or go down town to MBK and get it for 24,000 or maybe even 23,000bht

I might just swim down there and get one. :rolleyes:

he send me pm and offered me 30000 for 32 gb, crazy guy

why he gave you discount i am not sure, is it because of blue eyes or something? dug, winning

he send me pm and offered me 30000 for 32 gb, crazy guy

why he gave you discount i am not sure, is it because of blue eyes or something? dug, winning

Got no idea duude ... it's about a $100 difference btn the 16gb & the 32gb ... so about 3,000bht more ... he quoted me 26,500bht for a 16gb - 26,500bht + 3000bht = 29,500bht (pretty close)

It's this bit that threw me :

" I promise, only a slight transport fee to cover some bottled water or diamonds once back home."

15% on top he adds on in his quote = around 3,360bht for a slight 'transport fee'

... Thats a hell of a lot of bottled water ! (around 220 large bottles @ 15bht a pop)

somebody is having a laugh me thinks ... hahahahaha

so you can get it in MBK for 26000 32gb white? really?

i would buy it tomorrow

and you van service it only in singapore, not in thailand in official apple technical service offiice? that sucks

last weekend, I got my US unlocked white 32gb iPhone 4S at MBK for Baht28,500. I couldnt wait for friends coming from the States after new years, they can just bring me US iTune gift cards..... (Im really luving the 4S B) )

Edited by trajan

wow, thanks for that great summary :lol:

the MBK shopkeeper lady explained to me that the 20% or so markup from US prices reflected the profit she paid to the guy bringing it over (plus her own profit)....I really didnt care much cause I wanted it now (I was in HK last week and those lines at the IFC Apple store were ridiculous and really for people who didnt have a job or anything to do.)

I would imagine that if you wait a few weeks, the prices at MBK will get closer to official prices...not sure when they officially launch in Thailand, but would guess forever in tech days...

mmmm ... was hoping they'd be more like 22,500bht ($730)

So, in MBK

16gb 24,000bht = $780

32gb 28,500bht = $925

in U.S. unlocked

16gb $650 (20,000bht)

32gb $750 (23,100bht)

Australia unlocked

16gb $800 (25,050bht)

32gb $900 (28,150bht)

Singapore unlocked

16gb $948 (22,580bht)

32gb $1088 (25,900bht)

Canada unlocked

16gb $650 (19,650bht)

32gb $750 (22,650bht)

Hong Kong unlocked

16gb $5,088 (20,150bht)

32gb $5,888 (23,300bht)

* Thai bht prices as at todays rate 15/11/2011 iP app

cheers Trajan

A

I saw Motorola Atrix on special in Emporium for 14,900. iphones are marketing hype and nothing else

And noting else??? Ching-ching??

Yes. 4th floor, electronics section, a notice on a small piece of photocopied paper where they sell Blackberry and HTC phones. Sadly, Atrix now back up to full price.

so you can get it in MBK for 26000 32gb white? really?

i would buy it tomorrow

and you van service it only in singapore, not in thailand in official apple technical service offiice? that sucks

last weekend, I got my US unlocked white 32gb iPhone 4S at MBK for Baht28,500. I couldnt wait for friends coming from the States after new years, they can just bring me US iTune gift cards..... (Im really luving the 4S B) )

Can someone just 100% confirm for me that if I head to MBK in the next few days I'll be able to get a white 32gig for 28.5k baht or less? I'm just surprised as that's already cheaper than a 32gig in England which is 30k baht unsure.gif And much cheaper than in Chiang Mai where I live, where they won't budge any lower than 33k baht.

Will the phone from MBK be factory unlocked, and have 1 year warranty?

Thanks!

Will the phone from MBK be factory unlocked, and have 1 year warranty?

It will have a one year warranty but in order to receive service for it you will need to return it to a service provider in the country of origin according to the unit's serial number. The units that are on sale now in Thailand are purchased in other countries (Hong Kong, U.S., etc.) and then brought over here for sale by third-parties, and so when you go to take it for service under warranty here in Thailand they will tell you the warranty only applies in the country it was originally purchased in (e.g., Hong Kong, U.S.) and they can tell this by the unit's serial number.

And note that with the 4s you are only able to get AppleCare (extended warranty) at the time the phone is first purchased and then only from an Apple authorized retailer, so all of these phones people are getting now at places like MBK have warranties that are unusable in Thailand and have no option for AppleCare, now or in the future.

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks for the info!

Would you care to make any sort of guess as to when it will be officially released in Thailand?

"Patience is a virtue"

You're right and usually I would be happy to wait, however this week my iPhone 4, that I bought in the UK, decided to stop working the other day and no shop seems to be able to fix it. Time for a new phone

Thanks for the info!

Would you care to make any sort of guess as to when it will be officially released in Thailand?

"Patience is a virtue"

You're right and usually I would be happy to wait, however this week my iPhone 4, that I bought in the UK, decided to stop working the other day and no shop seems to be able to fix it. Time for a new phone

Early next year, as in January or February, seems to be the consensus. This is based on the delay seen in introducing the iPhone 4 here.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you... my 3gs which I bought in HK started having issues with the home button that all but rendered it useless. Even though I have the extended warranty Apple wouldn't touch it. Ended up bringing it to a shop here in Chiang Mai to have it fixed for 1500B, and indeed it was fixed, but then immediately thereafter other issues started cropping up, which I'm guessing are the result of the "repair".

IMHO, hese phones are simply too expensive and too fragile to not have good, usable, warranty coverage.

In the meantime you can always pick up a cheap Nokia for ~800B and then an iPod Touch (which amazingly *is* covered under warranty here regardless of where you purchased it) to handle your smart device needs and you save a bundle in the process. In my case I have a 3g to fall back too.

Apple is releasing these here as soon as it's possible - the 4S was supposed to be the quickest world-wide rollout ever.

The problem is demand is still very high, and there are rumors of supply side constraints - I've read somewhere that the iPhone mainboard is made by a Thai factory which was affected by the floods.

HK seems to be totally sold out right now - there isn't even a shipping date.

http://store.apple.com/hk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone4s

USA is 1 - 2 weeks

I predict the iPhone 4S will be officially available here when the ship times around the world are close to 24h. Doesn't make sense to add more markets when you can't even make enough for the existing ones...

If anyone is really desperate for an iPhone 4s I can bring a small number from the UK – 16GB 25,000 THB, 32GB 30,000 THB and 64GB 35,000 THB – UK prices !…

I’ll be in BKK December 17th/18th but need to know by November 28th

If anyone is really desperate for an iPhone 4s I can bring a small number from the UK – 16GB 25,000 THB, 32GB 30,000 THB and 64GB 35,000 THB – UK prices !…

I'll be in BKK December 17th/18th but need to know by November 28th

sign me up for one, i love too loose money dude, in mbk you can get it for 28000, with you 30000, i will go with you chap