Iphone 4S Availability In Thailand?

hinhua

If anyone is really desperate for an iPhone 4s I can bring a small number from the UK – 16GB 25,000 THB, 32GB 30,000 THB and 64GB 35,000 THB – UK prices !…

I'll be in BKK December 17th/18th but need to know by November 28th

Don't forget to specify colour and memory size !

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is really desperate for an iPhone 4s I can bring a small number from the UK – 16GB 25,000 THB, 32GB 30,000 THB and 64GB 35,000 THB – UK prices !…

I'll be in BKK December 17th/18th but need to know by November 28th

sign me up for one, i love too loose money dude, in mbk you can get it for 28000, with you 30000, i will go with you chap

PM sent - It'll come from Apple store in UK which is not as cheap as in some other countries !

Will the phone from MBK be factory unlocked, and have 1 year warranty?

It will have a one year warranty but in order to receive service for it you will need to return it to a service provider in the country of origin according to the unit's serial number. The units that are on sale now in Thailand are purchased in other countries (Hong Kong, U.S., etc.) and then brought over here for sale by third-parties, and so when you go to take it for service under warranty here in Thailand they will tell you the warranty only applies in the country it was originally purchased in (e.g., Hong Kong, U.S.) and they can tell this by the unit's serial number.

And note that with the 4s you are only able to get AppleCare (extended warranty) at the time the phone is first purchased and then only from an Apple authorized retailer, so all of these phones people are getting now at places like MBK have warranties that are unusable in Thailand and have no option for AppleCare, now or in the future.

Patience is a virtue.

I believe this only applies if the purchased phone is registered with Apple as being sold:

"The units that are on sale now in Thailand are purchased in other countries (Hong Kong, U.S., etc.) and then brought over here for sale by third-parties, and so when you go to take it for service under warranty here in Thailand they will tell you the warranty only applies in the country it was originally purchased in (e.g., Hong Kong, U.S.) and they can tell this by the unit's serial number."

It will have a one year warranty but in order to receive service for it you will need to return it to a service provider in the country of origin according to the unit's serial number. The units that are on sale now in Thailand are purchased in other countries (Hong Kong, U.S., etc.) and then brought over here for sale by third-parties, and so when you go to take it for service under warranty here in Thailand they will tell you the warranty only applies in the country it was originally purchased in (e.g., Hong Kong, U.S.) and they can tell this by the unit's serial number.

And note that with the 4s you are only able to get AppleCare (extended warranty) at the time the phone is first purchased and then only from an Apple authorized retailer, so all of these phones people are getting now at places like MBK have warranties that are unusable in Thailand and have no option for AppleCare, now or in the future.

Patience is a virtue.

I believe this only applies if the purchased phone is registered with Apple as being sold:

How would a phone not be registered as being sold?

1321508097[/url]' post='4853043']

Thanks for the info!

Would you care to make any sort of guess as to when it will be officially released in Thailand?

"Patience is a virtue"

You're right and usually I would be happy to wait, however this week my iPhone 4, that I bought in the UK, decided to stop working the other day and no shop seems to be able to fix it. Time for a new phone

I read a tweet from a Thai language iPhone rumour site saying the offical release was Mid December although the lady I spoke to in a DTAC store said "next year" (by which I hope she meant Janurary and not 6-12 months from now) but she did say that they were going to start pricing at ฿22k for the 16g. The mid December date was confirmed by an employee at iStudio in Paragon so I'm saying it's getting released in a fortnight but It'll be after Christmas before there's wide availability. Walking around the 4th floor of MBK I was quoted a best price of ฿25k for a 16g, ฿3k might not be a huge differance but for two weeks it's a little steep by my books - as long as it is only two weeks, My old phone is on it's last legs and driving me nuts.

Edited by Stjohnm

This is the screenshot for Truemove and DTAC. 16 Dec Confirmed. Registered my interest already for my wife. :)

Link: http://www.truemove-h.com/default.aspx

ScreenShot2011-12-01at32502PM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-01at34151PM.png

Was in Thailand this time last year and even after the iPhone 4 launch no one had any stock - ended up buying an imported UK phone for my gf.

Maybe there will be more stock around this time .........

Looking at pantip, that was a hacked web site ( I think testing environment ). Would scan their official web site and re- do again. If anything like last years iPhone 4 launch, apple will most likely under supply

For other OP, if follow pattern, will be un locked units as is the norm in Thailand .

Looks like I've got a spare iPhone 4S 32GB in black. Ideal christmas present for your gf or even yourself !!

Purchased in UK so THB 30,000

Will be in Phuket/Krabi area 11th to 16th, Bangkok on 17th & 18th and Pattaya after that

Looks like I've got a spare iPhone 4S 32GB in black. Ideal christmas present for your gf or even yourself !!

Purchased in UK so THB 30,000

Will be in Phuket/Krabi area 11th to 16th, Bangkok on 17th & 18th and Pattaya after that

Nice! I'll give you 20k for it, pm if you're interested. Will come pick up.

I dont know about this Iphone. It looks cool. but 1000 USD, really expensive for a fragile small phone like that. YOu can loose it anytime, and when the new comes out, you have to upgrade again or you will have an outdated iphone.

I have ipad 2, dont use it that much at all.

But iphone, it is just a peacock thing i think, good to pickup chicks

Just checked on the TRUE website. If you want to pre-book in English language, there comes an error page (not for farangs, apparently!) If you want to pre-book in Thai, here is what happens today on Dec 11: 16GB white and black: sold out, 32GB white and black: sold out, 64GB white sold out. Only 64GB black available. Great! So for those who want to buy an iPhone 4S with TRUE 16GB & 32GB: just forget to get one on December 16, the launch date in Thailand.

DTAC no pre-bookings available yet and AIS the same.

Edited by Dario

Just checked on the TRUE website. If you want to pre-book in English language, there comes an error page (not for farangs, apparently!) If you want to pre-book in Thai, here is what happens today on Dec 11: 16GB white and black: sold out, 32GB white and black: sold out, 64GB white sold out. Only 64GB black available. Great! So for those who want to buy an iPhone 4S with TRUE 16GB & 32GB: just forget to get one on December 16, the launch date in Thailand.

DTAC no pre-bookings available yet and AIS the same.

Ya. 16gb was out after few hours the pre-order live.

I had book 1 X 16gb black for my wife.

I think True pre-order is open again... can't read thai but it says something about 19 so maybe 19th dec or 19th jan? They cleverly use images everywhere so Google translate doesn't work. Geniuses. I'd sign up if I was in the market... but... I think I'll make do with my 4 for the time being.

Official price in Thailand at True:

16GB - phone only: 22,450 baht / with data package: 21,700 Baht

32GB - phone only: 26,350 baht / with data package: 25,400 Baht

64GB - phone only: 30,250 baht / with data package: 29,100 Baht

Data package saves only a few hundred but considering that True is already offering a fantastic deal with its data packages, it makes sense. They made the "M" package a worse deal than before with only 250 minutes included - I guess they did the math and found they can squeeze out some additional baht from customers by shortening the included minutes. Still a good deal though.

Data is capped at 3GB, as usual. After that it still works but only at EDGE speeds.

I think True pre-order is open again... can't read thai but it says something about 19 so maybe 19th dec or 19th jan? They cleverly use images everywhere so Google translate doesn't work. Geniuses. I'd sign up if I was in the market... but... I think I'll make do with my 4 for the time being.

Official price in Thailand at True:

16GB - phone only: 22,450 baht / with data package: 21,700 Baht

32GB - phone only: 26,350 baht / with data package: 25,400 Baht

64GB - phone only: 30,250 baht / with data package: 29,100 Baht

Data package saves only a few hundred but considering that True is already offering a fantastic deal with its data packages, it makes sense. They made the "M" package a worse deal than before with only 250 minutes included - I guess they did the math and found they can squeeze out some additional baht from customers by shortening the included minutes. Still a good deal though.

Data is capped at 3GB, as usual. After that it still works but only at EDGE speeds.

Ya. Pre-order is live again. But this time is collect on 19th Dec. But you need to pay 5000baht as deposit to secure a phone. :o

The location available to collect the phone is expand to outside BKK too

Edited by mikewet88

Yes, it's open again and this time it works and every model and every color is available. I ordered one for my wife. You pay 5'350 Baht down via KB Banking. 21'700 is a good price, considering that I was told today at the DTAC center at Big C South Pattaya that the same model (16BG) costs 26'500 Baht at DTAC. Why I dunno, maybe the girl had wrong information. Pre-ordering at DTAC starts tomorrow 13 December at 10:00.

hmmm, I cant order, it is only in thai language

can somebody send me a direct link please ?

this is without contract right?

Unfortunately, there is no English pre-order page.

This is the link for thai: http://www.weloveshopping.com/truemove/iphone4s_prebooking/booking/step1

You can use Chrome browser built in translation. Shown translate pretty well

Patience is a virtue.

How would a phone not be registered as being sold?

cash purchase... not activated

Edited by watcharacters

hmmm, I cant order, it is only in thai language

can somebody send me a direct link please ?

this is without contract right?

Unfortunately, there is no English pre-order page.

This is the link for thai: http://www.welovesho...g/booking/step1

You can use Chrome browser built in translation. Shown translate pretty well

You can also just walk into any True Move shop and pre book it there, it took me like 10 minutes to do yesterday

Edited by ha55ha