Light Switches

travelmann

buying a new switch and installing it. As has been mentioned, this is a job that anyone with a screw driver and enough brains to turn off the circuit breaker can do.

This would be illegal in a lot of countries I suspect, I know it is in Australia.

For a while, I worked in an office outfitted with these motion detector switches. Right when you were alone, engaged in deep thought, maybe reading something, the lights would go off. The maintenance people said the solution was to wave your arms wildly when the light went out. Really interrupted your train of thought.

Arrgghh, brings back 'fond' memories, I too worked in an office with motion detectors, ours however were only in the mens (and I assume ladies) room. Of course I was in the office early one winters morning contemplating in the stall when the lights went out, I was just waving my arms round the stall door (trousers still around ankles) when the lady cleaner walked in. I don't know who moved faster, but of course before I'd even go out of the loo it was all around the office. Apparently a rather shocked Miss Morley (the cleaner) needed to sit down for an hour with several cups of tea, something about seeing an elephant in the toilet :)

I like the American story too, does your Dad know why the Americans drive on the wrong side of the road.:D

6 years and I still get confused with the light switches.:blink:

The electric wiring in Thailand is supposed to be BLACK live and GREY neutral, the alleged electrician that did our house wiring made all GREY wire LIVE, and so again coming from the UK myself I prefer that, as it is common for older electric wiring in UK to be a BLACK neutral.:)

Well they cant build good cars so it doesnt matter which side they drive on....................he said hahhah :rolleyes:

I believe Rover and Land Rover is Ford as well as Jaguar, and isn't Vauxhall GM? Bently and Rolls are German, are there even any British cars left? Perhaps a Bristol which I'm sure your average Brit can afford.

Try Indian?

Bought from the Americans. That must be a tough pill to swallow eh, prized british automobiles bought by the Yanks then sold to the indians :lol:

For a while, I worked in an office outfitted with these motion detector switches. Right when you were alone, engaged in deep thought, maybe reading something, the lights would go off. The maintenance people said the solution was to wave your arms wildly when the light went out. Really interrupted your train of thought

the latest ones have 'microwave' technology, and work on heat, which overcomes this problem

buying a new switch and installing it. As has been mentioned, this is a job that anyone with a screw driver and enough brains to turn off the circuit breaker can do.

This would be illegal in a lot of countries I suspect, I know it is in Australia.

TiT

I like the American story too, does your Dad know why the Americans drive on the wrong side of the road.:D

6 years and I still get confused with the light switches.:blink:

The electric wiring in Thailand is supposed to be BLACK live and GREY neutral, the alleged electrician that did our house wiring made all GREY wire LIVE, and so again coming from the UK myself I prefer that, as it is common for older electric wiring in UK to be a BLACK neutral.:)

Well they cant build good cars so it doesnt matter which side they drive on....................he said hahhah :rolleyes:

That's odd about the driving, because that's exactly what we ask in the US, How come everybody in the world is driving on the wrong side of the road ? However, have to agree about the part that we build crappy cars. You should know that only started when the American Unions got the guys on the assembly line $32 an hour to screw in 1 bolt. They got so rich they could afford the expensive Japanese and German cars and never looked back.

Are you serious? I know there are a lot of Americans that hasn't got a clue about the 'world' outside of their own city or state, and definitely no knowledge about anything outside of the US.

But Americans that travel the world usually are more educated. So what do you think the percentage is, of countries that do drive on the left side of the road, or the wrong side as you state it?

Everybody (except you) that would amount to 99.5%, please let me know you're kidding…:blink:

Of course I'm not serious ...... I know the % of where people drive after visiting over 52 countries in the world. Are u serious about me being serious ?%$#$

For a while, I worked in an office outfitted with these motion detector switches. Right when you were alone, engaged in deep thought, maybe reading something, the lights would go off. The maintenance people said the solution was to wave your arms wildly when the light went out. Really interrupted your train of thought.

Arrgghh, brings back 'fond' memories, I too worked in an office with motion detectors, ours however were only in the mens (and I assume ladies) room. Of course I was in the office early one winters morning contemplating in the stall when the lights went out, I was just waving my arms round the stall door (trousers still around ankles) when the lady cleaner walked in. I don't know who moved faster, but of course before I'd even go out of the loo it was all around the office. Apparently a rather shocked Miss Morley (the cleaner) needed to sit down for an hour with several cups of tea, something about seeing an elephant in the toilet :)

Thanks for that story, Crossy. I just spilt my tea and it's your fault. :lol: Poor Miss Morley. :D

I like the one where you have all twin 3 pin earthed outlets but you can only plug in one 3 pin plug at a time. :lol: Dumb or what. :rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean.

One socket, one plug, twin socket, two plugs!!

No adapters please, safety, my friend.

Christmas trees of adapters plugged in one on top of another are a fire hazard,

just waiting to happen

My twin 3 pin outlets are horizontal in design. N and P to the left and E to the right, Sooooooo, the plug goes in sideways, the lead doesn't go downwards, soooooooo, you cannot put another 3 pin plug in, no clearance, soooooooooooo 1 x 3 pin and 1 x 2 pin yes cos the 2 pin plug the lead faces outwards. :)

If not clear l will post a photo.

Spoken like someone who has never been to France or Germany. The entire continent of Europe. Only one set of wrong way Feltons.

But enjoy your ignorance. Your empire ended 150 years ago.

Well, well ' narky ' I suppose it's still keeping on topic switching from one side of the road to the other. :lol: :lol:

Felton ?? that's in Delaware ain't it.