Need Shower Floor Re-Grouted

rmicheald

Dont know a man in Pattaya but make sure they use suitable grout for a wet area .It has anti mould ingrediants.Better if you buy the grout yourself .

Thanks for the information... I didn't even know you had to consider such things.

Dont know a man in Pattaya but make sure they use suitable grout for a wet area .It has anti mould ingrediants.Better if you buy the grout yourself .

Thanks for the information... I didn't even know you had to consider such things.

Well, now you know and you got two hands, right?

Why don't you do it yourself? Trust me it is dead easy and you can do it in less then 2 hours.

Get the grout (power) at HomePro or Boonthavorn. You can get it any color, but go for white or a light color or of course as close as you can get to the original color. Mix it, apply it, let it dry over night and wash off any excess grout. Done deal.

Why don't you do it yourself? Trust me it is dead easy and you can do it in less then 2 hours.

Get the grout (power) at HomePro or Boonthavorn. You can get it any color, but go for white or a light color or of course as close as you can get to the original color. Mix it, apply it, let it dry over night and wash off any excess grout. Done deal.

What if he has to dig out the old grout first....:whistling:

What if he has to dig out the old grout first....:whistling:

There is a simple hand held tool for scraping out the old grout .I think i bought mine at Homepro .

Grouting is very easy but you need to learn the basics .Best to search through youtube for videos that will show you how to do it . :jap:

I know it is pretty easy. I grew up with a dad who was a jack of all trades. I am just a lazy old fart who doesn't want to be bothered and would rather have some "Cheap Labor" do it.

Funny you say it, my Dad is the same way.

I agree, I would also like to have a phone number to Somchai the Plummer, but for "small jobs" it often takes more time to source that guy and explain him what to do, than actually doing the job.

Wipe off the excess grout before leaving it to dry overnight or you will spend more time and frustration doing this once it is dry....."A tip" from an ex-UK tiler

..... I am just a lazy old fart who doesn't want to be bothered and would rather have some "Cheap Labor" do it.

But you know, "you get what you pay for"?

I had the same "problem" recently. 45 sqm tiles had to be laid...

Asked around for a "competent" Somchai, but some had "fantasy prices (>150Bt/sqm)", or never rang back, or "no time", etc..pp...

Result: I did it myself..:bah:.

Bought the tiles and adhesive on Suk, near junction to Highway 36, the grout at Homepro (43 Bt for one pack, enough for ~5sqm).

But I really, really agree, this is no work, I would do every week...

..... I am just a lazy old fart who doesn't want to be bothered and would rather have some "Cheap Labor" do it.

Asked around for a "competent" Somchai, but some had "fantasy prices (>150Bt/sqm)", or never rang back, or "no time", etc..pp...

Bought the tiles and adhesive on Suk, near junction to Highway 36, the grout at Homepro (43 Bt for one pack, enough for ~5sqm).

Good man you have still some life left in you .( unlike the OP }

I still have plenty of life left in me.. I just have other things I would rather do with my time. I grew up mowing and trimming 3 acres of lawn - NOW I HATE YARD-WORK... I had several rentals in the U.S. and did repairs as needed - NOW I DON'T WANT TO DO THEM..

As I said before, if you have someone to recommend, please let me know... If not... BUTT OUT.

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessarily vitriolic

I still have plenty of life left in me.. I just have other things I would rather do with my time. I grew up mowing and trimming 3 acres of lawn - NOW I HATE YARD-WORK... I had several rentals in the U.S. and did repairs as needed - NOW I DON'T WANT TO DO THEM..

As I said before, if you have someone to recommend, please let me know... If not... BUTT OUT.

I will say good luck with your tiles and I hope they don't fall down and hurt your sensitive feelings.

Now, shall we wake up and have a fresh cup of coffee? It sure smells good :whistling: