Revised Nationwide Website

Nationwide have just released their revised website. You can now initiate a Swift transfer online rather than have to fart about with paper and faxes. It still costs 25 quid though :realangry:

Edited by endure

I rate Nationwide as No 1 and have done since they were Nationwide Anglia many moons ago! It is a shame they now charge for international withdrawals in Thai. Never mind.

Does anyoen have experience with transfering the other way? It is SWIFT? Any other method but not WU or money changers etc?

I need to get about 400,000 back to the UK from Thai. I understand the sender needs to ask the bank to convert to GBP before sending? What is the fee? How long does it take to arrive (approx)? Is there a limit in what you can send each time?

Cheers all.

I rate Nationwide as No 1 and have done since they were Nationwide Anglia many moons ago! It is a shame they now charge for international withdrawals in Thai. Never mind.

It's also a shame that they've shut all their agency branches down and have stopped selling foreign currency at advantageous rates to their owners (us). It's a shame that they're acting like a bank and forgetting their origins.

endure.

re .. It's also a shame that they've shut all their agency branches down

all or some ?

coz i was in their reading high street .. tilehurst village and weston super mare branches in mid april this year

just interested .. dave2

It's also a shame that they've shut all their agency branches down and have stopped selling foreign currency at advantageous rates to their owners (us). It's a shame that they're acting like a bank and forgetting their origins.

Totally agree, NAtionwide were once 'Proud to be different' now they should use in their logos: proud to be ,no different and, like all the other banks! Exhorbitant fees imposed on the owners (customers) and few benefits for those living off and onshore.(save for some 'free'travel insurance within Europe only). I understand that Lloyds.will do a Swift transfer for £17.50. so will be exploring this option as Nationwide are losing their competitive edge.

Nationwide, too many errors and poor service to mention, but I will tell you one. Had a mortgage with them for 25 years, at the time had ot house insurance with them, 3 years after I had finished the mortgage and had cancelled the house insurance with them, they sent a bill for house insurance for the 3 years! Unbelieveable. Had to show them the documents with the other insurers to stop them trying to recover the money. Sure are different.