Grass Seeds To Planting A Lawn

Nord68

Hi, is there anyone who know where I can buy grass seeds to plant a lawn ? Have asked at some tree and flower shops around Khon Kaen and Udon Thani area but no luck yet. I think pre-grown grass start to be too expensive now and looking for a cheaper way to grow my lawn.

There must be grass seeds being as they sell turf. Anyway I didn't bother to go down that line. I overlaid the whole garden, one and a half Rai with good quality soil from the rice fields. Thai don't like it and prefer that volcanic gravel crap. Eventually weeds and grass comes through. Weeds don't like to be cut whereas grass does. I just carried on using a lawnmower until the weeds died and the grass took over.

post-92127-0-60579700-1318673754_thumb.j

Edited by sinbin

Sinbin,

Thats the way that I would do it to get a lawn. I started to get a good lawn establishing on my 1 rai of land around the house but had to go back to Australia for certain reasons. The last couple of years when back to the house for a holiday the wifes mother thought that to get rid of all the unsightly long weeds she would just dig up all the grass, weeds etc and have a nice brown back yard. Only problem was that everytime the wind would blow (as it usually does in Dec/Jan) everything was covered in dust. I told the wife to tell MIL to stop digging the grass so she started her daily clean up of the garden and pile it in several spots and set fire to it. Now I either have bare dirt or blackened grass. She couldnt understand why I was pissed off.

We are back there permanently in 6 weeks so will get some turf in to start off the lawn.

The cheapest we could find sod about 6 months ago was Bt 20/mt (for 350 sq mt) -- down near BKK, delivery was Bt 2,500. Prices at the nurseries near the uni south of Korat were Upwards of Bt 40 -- they were quoting "per pack" which turned out to be 1/2 sq mt.

That was for Malaysia grass. We should have gone with Japan grass, but I took some bad advice.

Japan grass was a bit less expensive and I will go that way when we build our new place -- not because of the price but because of feel and appearance.