Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

Can we stil get out from MoChit to Pattaya?

Better to take the buses leaving from Ekkamai terminal, more frequent departures than Mochit anyway. :)

Yes, you can get out of town from Mo Chit on buses going south east

But Ekkamai is indeed the better option; not so crowded, and generally better services.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing recon trips around Ladphrao from the temple north for the last couple of weeks and took a ride up Lad Phrakao this morning to take a look at Ram Intra based on tominbkk's mention of it this morning. There was widespread incredulity at the temple about the status at Ram Intra, so I took pics to take back to them. Wat Lad Phrao's puddles have grown bigger, but aren't yet really any hindrance.

There is more water on the way than I've seen yet. Part of Wang Hin had water across the road, though just a few inches. Lad Phrakao was dry until about soi 49, then flooded up to 30cm, depending on which part of the road you drove on, with the deepest part being near Wat Lad Phrakao, just before the road crosses the klong. After that it was mostly dry to Ram Intra.

At the intersection with Ram Intra, westbound traffic was being diverted south down Lad Phrakao, so I sneaked left but only managed to wing about half a klick down Ramintra before I was stopped by the traffic-stopping guy in gradually deepening water, and turned around. That was at the point that the flyover touches down just before the golf course, where there's a gas station, roughly across the street from RamIntra soi 9.. At that point the water was 10-20cm again depending on where you were on the road, but you could see it got deeper further toward Phahonyothin. Rather than slog back in the deeper eastbound lanes, I just went the wrong way back on the mostly-empty flyover.

The first pic is at the turnaround/road-closed point looking down Ram Intra in the direction of the traffic circle. The second one is from the flyover with the mouth of Ram Intra soi 19 on the left. This was at about 8-9am this morning. Nothing dramatic, but different than a day ago.

post-46471-0-38000500-1320124621_thumb.j

post-46471-0-16768300-1320124641_thumb.j

Can someone give me an update on Nonthaburi please, my gf lives on 6 Soi Tansamrit 14, Tiwanon road. She says she is ok, but I think she is being generous as I have current health issues and she does not wish to put me under any more stress. Had to cancel my flight in November due to these issues.

Would really appreciate the feedback.

You wanted to come in November, as I noticed in other thread.

So you had time from work.

So, when your "health issues" or fear? (I remember only, you showed a Travelwarning from your Embassy in the other thread, -no health issues there) are not to strong, change your plans and flight again and come here!

Airport is open.whistling.gif

I just want to thank Thai Visa and everyone for all the great information. I've learned more about the flooding here than from all other sources combined.

I'm leaving Honolulu tomorrow expecting to arrive in Bangkok late Wednesday. Will overnight at an airport hotel before attempting to navigate my way to Raminthra Soi 23 and thence to home. The wife tells me soi 23 is a cvanal these days, 60cm deep in places. Yikes! But can't let her man the barricades all by self, now, can I?

Best to all!

www thaiticketmajor com/bus/index_eng php

replace each space above with a . to reconstitute the link

If you can buy online (and I wasn't able to), I'd guess it's open

Plan B: Weren't there minivans to Ban Chang leaving from Victory Monument?

www thaiticketmajor com/bus/index_eng php

replace each space above with a . to reconstitute the link

If you can buy online (and I wasn't able to), I'd guess it's open

Plan B: Weren't there minivans to Ban Chang leaving from Victory Monument?

thanks guys :)

Hi There/.

Does anybody know how far the water is down the Thanon Puttha monthon sai roads 2 and 3 yet? from the main Phetkasem road - I am located between these roads on Phetkasem and have to travel today outside.

many thanks

I suggest getting out. Moobam setthakit is already under water and you are next.

Phetchkasem 69 and 102 are already finished.

I went to Kasetsart this morning, at about 10am:

* The university seems to be 100% swamped now. The depth is variable, from a few cm to 40cm in the south side, I presume the north side near the canal would be worse. The Department of Fisheries had started pulling out some boats.

* The Pahonyohtin/Ngamwongwan intersection (see Yairk Kaset) is flooded, water is trickling into the underpass tunnel through leaks in the sides, but it is not getting in through the mouth yet, because there is a hump keeping it out. Phahonyohtin is clear once you get a bit south of this intersection, heading into town. To the north, it is flooded, just after the flyover from the intersection with Ngamwongwan (next to KU) it was 40-50cm deep, but it looked shallower a couple of hundred meters up the road.

* The Viphavadee/Ngamwongwan intersection (next to Viphavadee hospital) is flooding but not bad yet. Viphavadee is dry once you get a couple of hundred meters south of the intersection. It is flooded to the north.

* Ngamwongwan is relatively dry *between* the Viphavadee/Pahonyohtin intersections. However, I saw water jetting into the air out of the holes in a manhole cover in the middle of the 'dry' bit, so it probably won't stay that way for long.

Overall, the water has a visible current and is clearly rising. And my office is going down with the ship. Too bad.

Photos:

1. Kasetsart (Pahonyohtin/Ngamwongwan intersection), looking east along Ngamwongwan towards Viphavadi. The university is on the right side of the picture.

2. Kasetsart (same location), looking west towards the intersection and the underpass.

3. Pahonyohtin, just off the flyover adjacent to Kasetsart University, looking north towards Bang Khen.

4. Pahonyohtin (same location), looking south towards the intersection with Ngamwongwan.

post-10318-0-61337800-1320131444_thumb.j

post-10318-0-40802700-1320131500_thumb.j

post-10318-0-58607200-1320131571_thumb.j

post-10318-0-13932400-1320131628_thumb.j

Edited by Crushdepth

Sorry, can't read 49 pages.

Is Sukhumvit or the central tourist area flooded? I've seen ( on tv ) some areas with floods that look familiar, but not sure. They don't show anything long enough to get a good look at the buildings etc.

No, nothing along Sukhumvit or along to Siam Square area, not sure what you mean by the central tourist area, certainly there was/is some minor flooding near The Grand Palace, but that pretty near the river.

Thanks.

I meant the area from Central World to MBK.

Is Sukhumvit or the central tourist area flooded? I've seen ( on tv ) some areas with floods that look familiar, but not sure. They don't show anything long enough to get a good look at the buildings etc.

No, nothing along Sukhumvit or along to Siam Square area, not sure what you mean by the central tourist area, certainly there was/is some minor flooding near The Grand Palace, but that pretty near the river.

Thanks.

Not yet but dont sweat it - there is a fancy skywalk thingy that will keep you from get your sandals wet if it does.

How far is the flooding from the new airport? Have a flight at 11pm tomorrow night. will it flood before then?

Seriously, how do you expect us to know that. Check with your airline, if the flight is still departing normally - it isn't flooded yet. If you get diverted to Chiang Mai or Phuket, it has. Work it out.

Thanks for your helpful reply in these worrying times!

The question was aimed at people who possibly live along the route from Klong Sam Wa to the airport. Updates from the Thai news aren't helpful but this forum is. I dont know the lay of the land from Klong sam Wa to the airport.....someone who lives in that area might.

Report from my travels this morning, using Bus 63 from Pantip Ngamwongwan to TMB Bank via Phahonyothin.

Again Phongphet and Chinnakhet areas well flooded, a little bit of water further up outside Khlong Prem Prison. Over the bridge to Kasetsart, on the other side it is flooded quite badly but only on one side of the road, the side where Kaset is. At the junction to turn into Phahonyothin Road in the direction of Major Rachayothin there is some water, down to Soi 36 but no further at the moment.

How high do you estimate the water levels were at Chinnakhet...to the sidewalk or higher? Already shut my factory down for the week because the staff sent pics that water was sidewalk height level yesterday.They sandbagged before they closed up shop last Thursday, just wanting to be sure it's high enough. Need to determine if it will dry out by next Monday as well. Thanks.

Can someone give me an update on Nonthaburi please, my gf lives on 6 Soi Tansamrit 14, Tiwanon road. She says she is ok, but I think she is being generous as I have current health issues and she does not wish to put me under any more stress. Had to cancel my flight in November due to these issues.

Parts of Nonthaburi are under water, especially the west side of the Chaophrya. However, a good chunk of Pakkred is still dry. Tiwanond is on the east side of the Chaophrya. Not sure where soi 14 is, but it's possible it's just a minimum of flooding depending on how close to the river she is. I am further east behind Central Plaza Chaengwattana and it is bone dry. However, go a few more kilometers past Klong Prapa and the reports are the road is closed.

Report from my travels this morning, using Bus 63 from Pantip Ngamwongwan to TMB Bank via Phahonyothin.

Again Phongphet and Chinnakhet areas well flooded, a little bit of water further up outside Khlong Prem Prison. Over the bridge to Kasetsart, on the other side it is flooded quite badly but only on one side of the road, the side where Kaset is. At the junction to turn into Phahonyothin Road in the direction of Major Rachayothin there is some water, down to Soi 36 but no further at the moment.

How high do you estimate the water levels were at Chinnakhet...to the sidewalk or higher? Already shut my factory down for the week because the staff sent pics that water was sidewalk height level yesterday.They sandbagged before they closed up shop last Thursday, just wanting to be sure it's high enough. Need to determine if it will dry out by next Monday as well. Thanks.

Just received pics from my staff...yes even with the office closed...gotta love them. This area of Chinnakhet is sort of in the area behind Garden City Lagoon which fronts on Prachachuen, near the market.

post-85475-0-45618200-1320140764_thumb.j

post-85475-0-65112400-1320140778_thumb.j

Lad Prao rd from intersection with Ratchada heading towards Bangkapi is dry. However, the 2 Canals that crosses around about soi 41 (maybe a bit higher up the rd?) is full to the brim, and looking at it is one of the vans with the load speakers attached to it and a couple of official looking dudes.

I went back to Sena Nikhom just now (about 5:00 p.m.) to check out a rumor about how far the flood water has come.

The rumor was not true. I took some photos from the pedestrian flyover just above Soi Sena.

The water appears to be closer to Soi Sena 1/Phahon Yothin 32 than it does to Ngam Wong Wan and Kaset.

It really doesn't show in the photograph, but, there's a woman crossing the street. She's in the middle lane on the right hand side of the road. I believe that the flood water event horizon is there, perhaps at Soi 34.

On the "Major" end of the Sena saphan, there was a road sign (flood at next intersection or something).

Some trucks pulled up. It looked like rescue workers or refugees. Does anybody know what they are doing?

post-32175-0-44002100-1320144511_thumb.j

post-32175-0-56291800-1320144522_thumb.j

post-32175-0-04302800-1320144555_thumb.j

post-32175-0-24404600-1320145143_thumb.j

OHCANUCK, I have also noticed a significant drop in internet speed over the last couple of days on my TOT ADSL line. Not quite to dial up speeds, but streaming video which was ok is now unwatchable. With the number of people who have left Bangkok, the speeds should have actually increased as more bandwidth should've been available tot he remaining users. But, then, this is Thailand. BTW, I am in the Sukhumvit 93 area.

Noticed the same in Suk 101 , it varies hour to hour

How far is the flooding from the new airport? Have a flight at 11pm tomorrow night. will it flood before then?

The airport is currently dry as are access highways from it into central Bkk.

No one can guarantee anything for tomorrow, situation changes constantly. But efforts have been made to protect the airport and thus far they have held. And the surrounding areas are not bad right now. More than that I cannot say.

The airport is to the east of the city, the worst of the flooding is to the north and the west.

Thanks.

That too is perfectly dry. the whole of Central Bkk is dry and if that changes (i,.e. if the flood defenses around it fail) it'll be breaking news on CNN, BBC and the like.

Till now the flood defenses erected around central Bkk have held but the areas outside those barriers are getting it , esp. to the north and the west.

Parts of Nonthaburi are under water, especially the west side of the Chaophrya. However, a good chunk of Pakkred is still dry. Tiwanond is on the east side of the Chaophrya. Not sure where soi 14 is, but it's possible it's just a minimum of flooding depending on how close to the river she is. I am further east behind Central Plaza Chaengwattana and it is bone dry. However, go a few more kilometers past Klong Prapa and the reports are the road is closed.

Thank you.

Tiwanon soi 14 is dry. But not sure for how long as the waters from the North creep South. Follow the forum carefully and you will know where it is flooded.

That's good news. Say can you tell me if it's possible to get from Muang Thong Thani, going along Changwattana, turning left up onto Tiwanon, then going to Rattanatibet road? Is that stretch dry?

My wife just got home and tells me that Fashion Island was closed early today as the parking structure was flooding. It appears to all be flowing in from the drains. More than that we don't know.

The canal behind Fashion Island (Ramintra 99) has risen considerably over the last day or so and is spreading throughout all the sois and into the basement of Fashion (fallout from Klong Samwa foolishness?angry.gif). No flooding on Ramintra road (yet).

Fashion Island is now probably closed indefinitely for business I guess or at least until the water recedes). ermm.gif

My wife just got home and tells me that Fashion Island was closed early today as the parking structure was flooding. It appears to all be flowing in from the drains. More than that we don't know.

The canal behind Fashion Island (Ramintra 99) has risen considerably over the last day or so and is spreading throughout all the sois and into the basement of Fashion (fallout from Klong Samwa foolishness?angry.gif). No flooding on Ramintra road (yet).

Fashion Island is now probably closed indefinitely for business I guess or at least until the water recedes). ermm.gif

Thanks for filling in the blanks... that is creeping closer and close to our Soi. Thanks goodness we fly out of this madness tomorrow.