Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

nor sure if this is help to anyone. Found this quote from a person re journey north from airport. This is not me but from a person travelling last night

[/font]

'I just drove back north on the motorway from Suvabhumi Airport. At the Lam Lukka Rangsit toll booth traffic was backed up for over 2 hours. The water was do deep at the tollbooth that it went inside the doors of my truck. 100's of vehicles flooded and stranded, people walking on the highway in the dark. NOT ONE POLICEMEN to warn motorists the water was too deep for passenger cars to drive in. NO WARNING SIGNS, NOTHING. This is just plain poor crisis managing. No lights at all either.'

Wow, I have passed that tollgate on the other side 3 times the past 1,5 week and to me it seemed the water was subsiding other than increasing....passenger cars?? haven't seen any of them as well because water is around 20-30 cm or perhaps more in that area in some parts

Another warning for people who want to drive on Highway's 9 and 32, a lot of people (and wandering dogs) still have temp housing on these roads, especially near elevated parts like bridges and fly overs and the road narrows significantly at these points. Also lots of parked cars and some against the central part of the road!!!

And street- or road lighting is not functioning on huge stretches...

Be careful out there!!

morning all

it was all getting a bit much for yesterday , so day off work me thinks today.

anyway good news lam luk ka khlong 4 down again 2 cm yesterday thats 12 cm in 6 days, can almost ride my super scooter out of the complex now.

but i still went this morning to take my friend to fashion island, down the number 9, flooding is coming on to the motorway now, but easy to go round it , ie not bad ,

at fashion all seems normal , but lots of people waiting at the bus stops , so maybe there is a problem up the ramintra road,

bad news that post about ransit toll, that is direct north of me. but i will have to wait and see.

have a good day every one, be careful.

GM Link - Literal Posit

post-120659-0-28638300-1320716689_thumb.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am following North-Eastern side of Ratchada - Suttisarn closely as I live near by

The sois straight east of Chao Phraya Hotel on Ratchadaphisek Rd toward Latprao 48 are slowly flooding, I drive the sois every morning and evening to monitor.

The flooding increase stadily but not with more than 7-8 cm per 24 hours since Friday morning. Monday morning 3-4 cm up compared to Sunday evening

Did the same trip this Tuesday morning, water up but only some 3 cm since yesterday evening. The 2 sois just to the East of Ratchadaphisek Rd just South of Chao Phraya hotel are now too high for motorcycle taxis

1730 7-11/11

Water on Phaholyothin Rd at Saphan Khwai is still on the Mochit side of Klong Bang Sue. The water is almost right up to the klong now.

I saw one manhole leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of the road but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood yesterday (probably from overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there is no water there at the moment.

Saphan Khwai

0745 8-11-11

Water on Phaholyothin Rd at Saphan Khwai is still on the Mochit side of Klong Bang Sue (northern side). The water is right up to where the road rises to go over the klong now but there is hardly any overflow from the sides of the klong in the area of the bridge.

Traffic southbound on Phaholyothin Rd at Klong Bang Sue seems to be only buses and trucks or other vehicles using the U-turn just north of the Klong. Northbound small cars are being directed into the first Soi on the left on Phaholyothin Rd north of Klong Bang Sue or into the U-turn to go back to the south. Buses and trucks are being allowed to go north up Phaholyothin Rd towards the Kamphaeng Phet junction.

Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS are dry but I saw one manhole leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd (the same manhole was leaking last night also) but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

Last night and again today Klong Bang Sue is showing at 1.03 on the DDS website - this is 1cm higher than the highest level during the day yesterday and on Sunday.

Some flooding was reported yesterday evening on the http://www.gamling.org/ website in the sois behind Paolo hospital close to Klong Bang Sue.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood on Sunday (probably from overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there is no water there at the moment.

I will post some pics soon.

< snipped >

Update on Lat Krabang Industrial Estate;

Water has shown up on the back entrance (being reinforced) just 20 cm but Friday there was no water in sight. Part of Chalongkrung between the entrance of the estate and Suwinthawong/Nong Chok are under water 5-20 cm, coming out from the drainage/sewer and depending on exact location

The rice paddy's adjacent to the road are all peaking at the road and need a few cm

to run over…

It's a matter of time I guess…

GM Link

post-120659-0-55817400-1320717630_thumb.

1730 7-11/11

Water on Phaholyothin Rd at Saphan Khwai is still on the Mochit side of Klong Bang Sue. The water is almost right up to the klong now.

I saw one manhole leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of the road but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood yesterday (probably from overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there is no water there at the moment.

Saphan Khwai

0745 8-11-11

Water on Phaholyothin Rd at Saphan Khwai is still on the Mochit side of Klong Bang Sue (northern side). The water is right up to where the road rises to go over the klong now but there is hardly any overflow from the sides of the klong in the area of the bridge.

Traffic southbound on Phaholyothin Rd at Klong Bang Sue seems to be only buses and trucks or other vehicles using the U-turn just north of the Klong. Northbound small cars are being directed into the first Soi on the left on Phaholyothin Rd north of Klong Bang Sue or into the U-turn to go back to the south. Buses and trucks are being allowed to go north up Phaholyothin Rd towards the Kamphaeng Phet junction.

Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS are dry but I saw one manhole leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd (the same manhole was leaking last night also) but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

Last night and again today Klong Bang Sue is showing at 1.03 on the DDS website - this is 1cm higher than the highest level during the day yesterday and on Sunday.

Some flooding was reported yesterday evening on the http://www.gamling.org/ website in the sois behind Paolo hospital close to Klong Bang Sue.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood on Sunday (probably from overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there is no water there at the moment.

Pics from 0745 8-11-11 - looking north from Kong Bang Sue on Phaholyothin Rd.

post-17672-0-77412700-1320718074_thumb.j

post-17672-0-28603300-1320718111_thumb.j

post-17672-0-42523300-1320718192_thumb.j

1730 7-11/11

Saphan Khwai

0745 8-11-11

GM Link

I am following North-Eastern side of Ratchada - Suttisarn closely as I live near by

The sois straight east of Chao Phraya Hotel on Ratchadaphisek Rd toward Latprao 48 are slowly flooding, I drive the sois every morning and evening to monitor.

The flooding increase stadily but not with more than 7-8 cm per 24 hours since Friday morning. Monday morning 3-4 cm up compared to Sunday evening

Did the same trip this Tuesday morning, water up but only some 3 cm since yesterday evening. The 2 sois just to the East of Ratchadaphisek Rd just South of Chao Phraya hotel are now too high for motorcycle taxis

GM Link Southeast of the Chaophya Park Hotel

post-120659-0-23432000-1320719214_thumb.

I drove from central Bangkok to Chiang Mai yesterday. Thought the following might be helpful for anybody considering heading North.

- Overall trip took 8.5 hrs door to door including a couple of brief stops via Asian Highway which is open and passable all the way. Route details as follows

- Left Central Sukhumvit at 8am and took elevated tollway at Din Daeng past Don Mueang.

- Reached end of elevated tollway by 9am. Traffic here busy and Northbound traffic is divided into a left hand lane and right hand lane. Right hand lane is diverted to Southbound carriageway which is dry. All large vehicles must use this side. Left hand lane travels on Northbound carriageway which remains flooded but is passable slowly. In places, they have brought in gravel to raise the level of the road which I assume is why they do not alow buses and lorries to use this side

- The next 30km was slow going but traffic was moving and by 10am I had covered around 120km

- After this, the road was clear and dry and I took the Asian highway past Ayyuthaya. Traffic was light and road condition generally OK.

- At Nakhon Sawon, I took the bypass road. Northbound carriageway flooded for about 5km and road is in poor condition but passable. There are potholes. At some points, you are also diverted onto Southern carriageway which is clear. I don't know if staying on the 1 and not using the bypass is a better option

- From Nakhon Sawon, the road is bumpy with many potholes but traffic is light and speed is good

- Stopped at a couple of services/7-11s on the way up North of Ayyuthaya and although they had limited supplies, most things were in stock

:whistling:

Here in Lad Prao on Ladprakhao Road soi 42 today is the first day I woke and could actually see the road outside not just water there. Of course I'm about 100 meters from the main road, and maybe 15 to 20 centimeters higher here than other places in this soi...but it is nice to see dry land again.

First time in 4 days I've seen that soi road dry in front of my house.

Water never did actually get into my house...and now I'm hoping it won't.

Most we had in front of the house was 2 days ago, when it was maybe 30 cm. high.

About 200 meters down the soi...where it is lower...they had waist high water briefly.

Water definately went down here last night...hoping that tomorrow there won't be any immeadiately outside my house.

Time: 08:30 a.m. November 8, 2011

:lol:

GM Link

post-120659-0-09324700-1320720428_thumb.

I drove from central Bangkok to Chiang Mai yesterday. Thought the following might be helpful for anybody considering heading North.

- Overall trip took 8.5 hrs door to door including a couple of brief stops via Asian Highway which is open and passable all the way. Route details as follows

- Left Central Sukhumvit at 8am and took elevated tollway at Din Daeng past Don Mueang.

- Reached end of elevated tollway by 9am. Traffic here busy and Northbound traffic is divided into a left hand lane and right hand lane. Right hand lane is diverted to Southbound carriageway which is dry. All large vehicles must use this side. Left hand lane travels on Northbound carriageway which remains flooded but is passable slowly. In places, they have brought in gravel to raise the level of the road which I assume is why they do not alow buses and lorries to use this side

- The next 30km was slow going but traffic was moving and by 10am I had covered around 120km

- After this, the road was clear and dry and I took the Asian highway past Ayyuthaya. Traffic was light and road condition generally OK.

- At Nakhon Sawon, I took the bypass road. Northbound carriageway flooded for about 5km and road is in poor condition but passable. There are potholes. At some points, you are also diverted onto Southern carriageway which is clear. I don't know if staying on the 1 and not using the bypass is a better option

- From Nakhon Sawon, the road is bumpy with many potholes but traffic is light and speed is good

- Stopped at a couple of services/7-11s on the way up North of Ayyuthaya and although they had limited supplies, most things were in stock

Good report and it looks like the water is receding on the eastern side on Bangkok. The West and Rama II, well that is a different story.

post-119133-0-86340300-1320720635_thumb.

post-119133-0-21375700-1320720652_thumb.

Good report and it looks like the water is receding on the eastern side on Bangkok. The West and Rama II, well that is a different story.

hmm not think so this morning jump about 3 km from bang chan to bang kapi

[8/11,11.22] Ramkhamhaeng Soi 68 being overflowed

near bang kapi hua mak

Good report. Thanks.

A few questions:

- Is Asian Highway = Route 32?

- "At Nakhon Sawon, I took the bypass road." Do you mean you took Route 122 instead of following on Route 1? Was that your own choice or was directed by authority?

- Could a sedan have done the job the whole way?

Thanks.

I intend travelling from Pattaya to Lomsak tonight starting out around 1800. I intend avoiding Chachoengsao and BKK by taking the 331, on to the 319 to 33, thence to Saraburi and a gallop up the 21. Since I'm driving an NV truck does this sound sensible?

Hello, would you mind giving the source of this map, we have to go from Pattaya to Sukothai the day after tomorrow and the reports are very mixed, we don't have a clear picture, thanks

mag&Uli

Good report and it looks like the water is receding on the eastern side of Bangkok. The West and Rama II, well that is a different story.

Hello, would you mind giving the source of this map, we have to go from Pattaya to Sukothai the day after tomorrow and the reports are very mixed, we don't have a clear picture, thanks

mag&Uli

http://maps.google.f...405955,0.727158

http://203.150.230.27/FloodMap/index.html?search=&locate=&xmin=11105110.04837066&ymin=1518928.8106264025&xmax=11303081.95162934&ymax=1639852.1893735975

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

tried to go east from khlong 4 on the lam luk ka road , and in passable but as i got to big c on the other sids of the number 9 , they opened the road to big trucks and buses , omg , they just pushed the water out of the way, i think by tomorrow , small trucks and cars may be able to use too, the other way on the lam luk ka road , at sai mai, its still boats only, but now or soon , you will be able to get on the number 9 to lam luk ka then there are roads to 305 , going east,

tried to go east from khlong 4 on the lam luk ka road , and in passable but as i got to big c on the other sids of the number 9 , they opened the road to big trucks and buses , omg , they just pushed the water out of the way, i think by tomorrow , small trucks and cars may be able to use too, the other way on the lam luk ka road , at sai mai, its still boats only, but now or soon , you will be able to get on the number 9 to lam luk ka then there are roads to 305 , going east,

Scott, from what I have seen the number 9 kanchanapisek was blocked for through traffic at Ram Intra yesterday morning..

Anyone has new information about this???

Scott, from what I have seen the number 9 kanchanapisek was blocked for through traffic at Ram Intra yesterday morning..

Anyone has new information about this???

hi jumbo

my route is from lam luk ka junction to fashion island junction, on a scooter so i do not know about any other part of the motorway,

but my friend did get to work from bus stop fashion island to ding dang . and i will be doing the same route today at 5,30 so i will look out for what you have said.

Saphan Khwai

1245 8/8/11

The water was still north of Klong Bang Sue on Phaholyothin Rd but water coming from the Mochit direction is now flowing into the klong on the western side of the bridge.

Today Klong Bang Sue is showing at 1.05 on the DDS website - this is 3cm higher than the highest level during the day yesterday and on Sunday.

Water is now seeping into Soi Nuan Keao, the last soi before Klong Bang Sue on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd.

Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS were dry but I saw one manhole leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd (the same manhole was leaking last night also) but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood on Sunday (probably from overflow from Klong Bang Sue) but there was no water there at 1245.

post-17672-0-59588600-1320737482_thumb.j

post-17672-0-95428900-1320737527_thumb.j

hmm not think so this morning jump about 3 km from bang chan to bang kapi

[8/11,11.22] Ramkhamhaeng Soi 68 being overflowed

near bang kapi hua mak

GM Link

post-120659-0-97821300-1320741540_thumb.

After problems with Nok Air, I ended up taking the bus (no Northern Line train ... sigh ...) from Victory Monument to Nakon Sawan and on to Phitsanulok.

The drive through Rangsit was a nightmare, traffic jams, partial flooding, parked cars in traffic lanes, you name it. Although I was dozing off, it seemed like it took over 2 hours to get from Rangsit to the north side of Ayutthaya. Don Mueang looked to have about a meter of water coverage. Normally, I couldn't stand it sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for so long. But when it is so easy to see all the misery and suffering of the local people from a bus window, well, my short term discomfort was kept in perspective.

Route 32 going north from Ayutthaya is pretty much wide open, although care needs to be taken in certain areas as the traffic is being rerouted from northbound to southbound lanes and vice versa to dodge the flood waters. Those traffic change areas are really dangerous because of the change in speed and the fact there is high speed head on traffic with nowhere to go to avoid a problem.

Today I flew from Phitsanulok to Suvarnabhumi and went directly over hard hit areas like Nakon Sawan and Ayutthaya. People can say what they want about improving conditions, efforts to stem flooding, etc., but from the air it is easy to see the massive scale of the flooding. It makes the suggestion of using a handful of boat propellers to force water downstream little more than a ridiculous farce.

While I can't say for sure because I don't have the data to support my opinion, it surely looked like water was being purposely backed up in points north of Bkk. The areas around Nakon Sawan and Ayutthaya looked positively dreadful from the air. I dare not think of the long term health issues with stagnant water, decaying human or animal corpses in the water, mosquitos, etc.

Don Mueang Airport was clearly identifiable as we passed just to the east at about 10k-15k feet. Just an opinion, but I don't see that airport getting back into service any time soon.

On the other hand, my partner says her daughter's school in Bang Pa-In is going to reopen on Tuesday the 15th. So there must be some progress with the flooding in that area.

Best wishes go out to all in the impacted areas. Judging by the view from the air, this disaster is far from over.

Good report and it looks like the water is receding on the eastern side of Bangkok. The West and Rama II, well that is a different story.

mag&Uli

http://maps.google.f...405955,0.727158

http://203.150.230.2...9852.1893735975

thanks a million for the maps

mag