Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it has to be told that there is someone else to blame...

Keeping Bangkok dry has meant keeping Nontaburi flooded.

Of course the locals didn't want those sandbags in place.

I used the following two links to be able to follow the news about what areas are flooded:

http://bangkoklibrary.com/content/77-maps-all-administrative-districts-bangkok-thailand

http://mapsof.net/uploads/static-maps/khet_bangkok.png

Now I know that I'm on the list of six khet that are going to flood.

One good thing that has come out of all this is that I finally know where I live.

I downloaded the Bangkok District Map 30 Chatujak pdf and learned that I don't live in Lad Yao, Lad Prao. I live in Chom Phon, Chatujak. (And, the Bang Sue train station is in Chatujak Khet. Amazing Thailand.)

Flooding in Pahonyothin Rd has now reached down as far as Soi 71, opposite Esso/Lotus Express. Water is up as far as the sandbags, and the village remains dry. We've been told that the government will be dropping off supplies of life vests and boats later today.

Flooding in Pahonyothin Rd has now reached down as far as Soi 71, opposite Esso/Lotus Express. Water is up as far as the sandbags, and the village remains dry. We've been told that the government will be dropping off supplies of life vests and boats later today.

Is Phaholythin 71 aka Chetsaba1?

I am on Phahonyothin 66, just before KM27 and in the area behind Lumlukka market. As of this post, the water has now entered our soi and is entering our garage space. The local announcement warns of water as high as one meter. Our first floor is 1.7mm so we could survive that, but my small office is only 0.5m and likely to take some water. I have prepared for that my moving things up and out. Our sewage system is not connected to the city, but just in case we have blocked drains, toilets, etc. Making sure everything is charged up, and have batteries, water and food. Only thing we need now is lawyers, guns, and money :)

Just thought I would add a little advice, I am in the Lockyer Valley in Australia and we went through some large flooding earlier in the year, when putting stuff up high away from the water think about what you are putting it onto, is it a solid structure or something that will float, it may seem crazy but a lot of people out here put valuables up high on things like fridges and they float and the items fall off. The best place is up in the roof cavity its solid and so long as the flooding does not engulf your whole house your gear will be ok. I know its not much but it may help someone.

I am on Phahonyothin 66, just before KM27 and in the area behind Lumlukka market. As of this post, the water has now entered our soi and is entering our garage space. The local announcement warns of water as high as one meter. Our first floor is 1.7mm so we could survive that, but my small office is only 0.5m and likely to take some water. I have prepared for that my moving things up and out. Our sewage system is not connected to the city, but just in case we have blocked drains, toilets, etc. Making sure everything is charged up, and have batteries, water and food. Only thing we need now is lawyers, guns, and money :)

where is warren zevon when you need him!

It's definitely coming (new gg map)

http://maps.google.f...405955,0.727158

Thanks for that link. Do you know how often this is updated? Looking at my area, I would say this was 3 days ago. Parts were not submerged back then, but yesterday they were in waist high water.

Thanks!

It get updated bit by bits, look on the left side, where the legend is, people are adding info with date and time of each spot the put on the map. I think that is a good idea.

but there are loads of different map, get on twitter thaifloodeng they give them regulary .

by putting info together as puzzle you get a good sense of what is going on

You don't need to sign up to look at the timeline

there are a few thai ppl translating froc and Bma announcement to the minute, it's quite good

Edited by aneliane

Went out to do some exploring last night. Here's the route I took:

Oct23FloodTourMapSSR.jpg

Link for anyone who's interested- http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Thanon+Inthra+Phon&daddr=13.8587,100.62512+to:Chaiya+Phruek+Rd+to:Saphan+Nonthaburi-Bang+Bua+Thong%2FRoute+307+to:Tiwanon+Rd%2FRoute+306+to:13.944496,100.544199+to:Thanon+Song+Prapha+to:13.928418,100.528816+to:13.9005289,100.5064038+to:Thanon+Ngam+Wong+Wan%2FRoute+302+to:Thanon+Inthra+Phon&hl=en&ll=13.867747,100.684547&spn=0.270318,0.528374&sll=13.771003,100.615261&sspn=0.016902,0.033023&geocode=FcAn0gAdsDr_BQ%3BFYx30wAd4Gr_BSnZLd87r2IdMTFxpB0fsgABEw%3BFaVl1AAdKVr9BQ%3BFf_X1AAdAgb-BQ%3BFbgr1QAd0kf-BQ%3BFbDG1AAdxy7-BSlv-Zkw7IPiMDHAHaYLN5IBEw%3BFYCd1AAdwn7-BQ%3BFeKH1AAdsPL9BSlvoeP_h4PiMDFwT2MLN5IBEw%3BFfAa1AAdI5v9BSm_UtRY64TiMDFxvmMLN5IBEw%3BFeht0wAdXTL-BQ%3BFUwn0gAdLTv_BQ&vpsrc=6&mra=mi&mrsp=10&sz=16&via=1,5,7,8&t=m&z=12

Central Bangkok remains very dry.

No water anywhere along Thanon Pradit Manudarm (Ram Intra Expressway)

Ram Intra (304) is bone dry except for where it crosses the Khlong Prapa Canal (Thanon Prachachuen) near Laksi:

LaksiMapSSR.jpg

The canal is overflowing and the roads in this area are under a foot or two of water, but traffic can still get through.

Continuing West on Chaeng Wattana (304) the road is again dry until you cross the bridge over the Chao Phraya river at Pak Kret:

ChaiyaPruekRdMapSSR.jpg

After the bridge Chaiya Pruek road is closed and only very large trucks can continue.

Oct23FloodTour1SSR.jpg

Next I headed North-East on Tiwanon Road (306) in the direction of Pratum Thani. Tried again to head west towards Bang Bua Thong on the 307 but again, after crossing the river the road is closed. Here the water was so deep that only boats could proceed-

Route307MapSSR.jpg

Backtracked to the 306 and continued NE until just after the Khlong Prapa Canal at which point the road is deeply flooded and closed-

306PrapaMapSSR.jpg

End of the line- only boats can continue north from this point:

Oct23FloodTourSSR.jpg

Tried to get back to Vipawadee-Rangsit via Thanon Song Prapa road but it was flooded just east of the canal-

Oct23VersysFloodSSR.jpg

Large trucks were still getting through though.

ThanonSongPrapaMapSSR.jpg

Headed off shortly for a ride to Chacheongsao- will report conditions upon my return.

Cheers!

Tony

Is the area of Ramkhamhaeng soi 29 expected to flood? I have to make a decision on whether to check in a hotel near there to day to finish our vacation until we fly out on Saturday.

If the San Saeb Canal floods, then it's a safe bet that Ramkamhaeng will flood too. BUT, so far the water level in the canal has remained constant. In fact since yesterday they have resumed boat service on the San Saeb canal...

Of course it has to be told that there is someone else to blame...

Keeping Bangkok dry has meant keeping Nontaburi flooded.

Of course the locals didn't want those sandbags in place.

I used the following two links to be able to follow the news about what areas are flooded:

http://bangkoklibrar...angkok-thailand

http://mapsof.net/up...het_bangkok.png

Now I know that I'm on the list of six khet that are going to flood.

One good thing that has come out of all this is that I finally know where I live.

I downloaded the Bangkok District Map 30 Chatujak pdf and learned that I don't live in Lad Yao, Lad Prao. I live in Chom Phon, Chatujak. (And, the Bang Sue train station is in Chatujak Khet. Amazing Thailand.)

Thanks for the map. I am North of you in Phahonyothin soi 32 so will post any flood here.

I am in a town house one level up from soi 30 and two up from soi 32 which is probably the level of Pholyothin, I hope not to find out, but fear I shall. I have prepared for two feet at the front door. I expect the flood from the North to soi 32 first, by which time I shall be busy.

I hope that our system of plastic sheet supported by the door with sticky tape seals on the door frame works.

I have soaked newspapers in plastic bags to plug the drains inside the house and to make extra seals round the door, and am prepared to elevate fridge washing machine etc if water looks like coming in, in other words refusing to believe that the water will be so high! whistling.gif

I would be interested to hear from North of here.

tgeezer, we used to live in Soi 30, very close to you. It will take a long time before any flood comes down Phahonyothin from the Army bases there. It will have to cross a khlong (there is one crossing at about soi 52) or two and the underpass at Lak Si roundabout. I think you should be OK.

However, the Ratchayothin intersection does tend to flood when raining heavily, as you know. This might flood.

What surpises me is that there is no more flood warning for Khannayao. This khet was on the first BKK flood warning list. There are heaps of small khlongs in the area, but they remained at the same level up until Friday.

We cannot afford to stay in Jomtien anymore, so returning to Ram Inthra/Khu Bon today.

Jomtien sucks anyway...

^ penatalobe,

this is a flood reporting thread, not a newspaper complaint thread; especially THAT newspaper!

You will need to leave bangkok to get any drinking (bottled) water. I came back from Pattaya last night with loads but it was bought out on the country. Makro, Big-C and all the 7-elevens in Pattaya are out of water and the stores that do have it are rationing sales.

Is Phaholythin 71 aka Chetsaba1?

Yes. Jessada 1.

Water has risen. It's now coming up out of the drains. Still no water inside the houses, but it's just started to cover the street in places.

Lots of video getting posted to You Tube. Run a search for "Thailand Flood" and filter on the current date. Most of the video I've seen seems to be focused on areas to the north of Bangkok, roughly between Rangsit and Ayutthaya.

Anyone know if Immigration at Chang Wattana is open or flooded out? I don't know what to do about my 90 day report which is due.

Do it at Suan Plu? Guaranteed dry there.

Now, back to the flood reports!!!

Suan Phlu has been closed for 2 years almost?

Jamjuri Square has a one-stop shop for certain things. I did a 90-day there once. But once I had done that, I was told that my 90 day would forever be at the New Immig.

The training dept. of the Foreign Ministry is in the same building as the new Immig. That dept has been closed for at least a week.

It is worth checking on the net and other places. It is important to know whether you can renew or do 90-day. If you don't, you could be fined. Personally, I have no idea right now.

Anyone know if Immigration at Chang Wattana is open or flooded out? I don't know what to do about my 90 day report which is due.

Do it at Suan Plu? Guaranteed dry there.

Now, back to the flood reports!!!

Suan Phlu has been closed for 2 years almost?

No, you can still do your re-entry there.

Especially during floods.

Edit: To get back on-topic.

Edited by tombkk

I can verify Kannayao around me serithai road is dry

Ditto Ram Inthra from Chalong Rat Expressway exit to KM.8, Khannayao. Hot and sunny.

You did well to get up here in the time since your first post.

I cancelled golf at TB this morning saying that the car was taken to higher ground, parking on the second floor of a friends condo opposite Jatuchak park, and was told that I could take a taxi, I said that I had to stay to monitor the situation and take action in the event of a flood. The golf partners are retired army and don't seem to be too concerned, the very opposite reaction is seen on the tele. so I am not sure what to do.

The soi does flood in very heavy rain because the drains can't cope, so I assume that water can't come in the opposite direction very quickly, so will we see it coming down/up/around or how? There is no real forecast of the affect on any one area but I assume that the depth of water will be related to the height above some established level, I wonder what that is for me.

I am happy that I only miss a bit of socializing and feel for those in refuges with the prospect of a lot of heartache on after the flood.

Edited by tgeezer

For those in the Rangsit, Nakhon Nayok road areas.

The latest report I have gotten is that the water in the Khlong is the same as yesterday morning. However, people in Fah-Lagoon, Thongchai and Chaiyapreuk-Busarin (Khlong 2, Lam-Lukka) villages have been evacuating since last evening. According to my sources in the area, the water started to come in too fast and too high.

post-6428-0-55510900-1319434487_thumb.jp

Khlong 2 on Monday morning at 10:30AM

Edited by frodo

1hr 30min from south Jomtien to Ram Inthra KM.8. Sitting on a comfortable cruising speed :whistling:

The traffic was very light and the toll booth were open, as in free.

edit: Strange how flood warnings have been dropped for Khannayao. :unsure:

Edited by EvilDrSomkid