Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I am woundering how the Kason Rd and Patta mall area are , if they are hit with water yet,

any info thanks

there was flooding in front of pata last night. vehicles still passing through. charansanitwong to the north is impassable. khao san area and eastern bank are still dry now, except a few leaks here and there around tha prachan. but those are still being drained into the sewers.

thammasat is closed for the week though, so they certainly expect to be under water.

being that Thammasat is next to the river I would think so.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moo Baan Jessada 1, Pahonyothin 71.

Water waist deep in the village. All homes have around 50cm of water inside, despite sandbags and wall building. Now we are being told to expect 1.5m later today. Those that have not already moved out, are packing a bag ready to evacuate.

Still nothing to report as far down as Vipavadee 20/Thai Airways Offices/and Vipavadee 16 (my house). About 1km north of Sutthisan. Officially, I live just inside the borough of Chatuchak.

We will know that something is going on if the Lad Prao intersection floods. It is quite well known as an area for pooling when there is a lot of water around.

The security man nearby says that the water will come tonight. A nice shopkeeper who chats with me every day says that the water will come tomorrow (Weds).

Everywhere seems eerily quiet. My soi is usually busy. The klong near my house is high, but not abnormally so.

The B Post says that taxis will be 50% reduced in numbers because some are already parked on hills. Some drivers, especially the guys who rent their taxis, have gone home to Isaan. The boss of the Taxi federation says that you may be refused if you want a ride to somewhere which is flooded or likely to be. Sounds fair enough.

Eddy

Moo Baan Jessada 1, Pahonyothin 71.

Water waist deep in the village. All homes have around 50cm of water inside, despite sandbags and wall building. Now we are being told to expect 1.5m later today. Those that have not already moved out, are packing a bag ready to evacuate.

Good luck, here the water slowly rises too. But with 1,5 meters everyone would be gone too. Now here are still 350 residents in the village. For me at least its been fortunate that the rise is slow, but nobody can predict what will come.

7,30 am, i went from lam luk ka road klong 4 near the big c , on to the number 9 outer ring road, to fashion island , then to my school at somapa, which is about 2 km off of the ramintra road

8.00 am from the school to immigration all the way along the ramintra road, 10.30am from immigration to fashion island , back up the number 9 to lam luk ka road , no water anywhere,

but i can see the water level on the lam luk ka road is still rising,

hope this helps someone?

7,30 am, i went from lam luk ka road klong 4 near the big c , on to the number 9 outer ring road, to fashion island , then to my school at somapa, which is about 2 km off of the ramintra road

8.00 am from the school to immigration all the way along the ramintra road, 10.30am from immigration to fashion island , back up the number 9 to lam luk ka road , no water anywhere,

but i can see the water level on the lam luk ka road is still rising,

hope this helps someone?

Sorry to insist, but if you could fill all this info on the map as discussed here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/507714-crowd-sourced-map-of-bkk-floods/ it would be really helpful.

Mueang Ake residents, according to ASTV you have 2 hours to evacuate. According to ASTV, the barriers at Lak Hok have broken and water is heading down your way. This is in the Rangsit University area.

post-6428-0-65930100-1319523573_thumb.jp

Sorry this is in Thai, but it's all I have.

Also got an SMS from someone on Klong 1, White House Village. Her home is up to 4 Meters of water, and the water is about 1/2 meter from the second floor.

I am woundering how the Kason Rd and Patta mall area are , if they are hit with water yet,

any info thanks

Just a mail that Chula is also closed from 26th to the 6th.

Hopefully Chula won't get flooded as it is very downtown!

there was flooding in front of pata last night. vehicles still passing through. charansanitwong to the north is impassable. khao san area and eastern bank are still dry now, except a few leaks here and there around tha prachan. but those are still being drained into the sewers.

thammasat is closed for the week though, so they certainly expect to be under water.

I think Chula has only suspended classes for that period. Staff is still working there to my knowledge. Thammasat however will close the Tha Prachan campus completely.

Well, actually today it's supposed to be closed already but I'm here in the office and people are still working.

There were numerous warnings over the last week that Lat Krabang / Prawet / Samut Prakan will flood and that the deluge is being diverted to the East.

The sand bagged Swampy airport to protect it.

Meanwhile, thankfully, nothing has happened. They have stopped talking about the Lat Krabang / Prawet / Samut Prakan area. Does that mean the threat is subsided?

Someone, please advise.

Hi,

I'm staying along Ramkamheang Road and its still dry here also Ram-Intra as I happen to pass along there from Central Ram-Intra going to Ladprao.

I just wanna ask if anybody here knows if its safe to travel via land to Arranyapratet/Poipet heading to Cambodia/PhenomPhen tomorrow. Are the roads going there are already clear from flood as of the moment?

thanks!

Walked up Nawamin Rd from Soi 78 to Ram Inthra this afternoon. One of the A/C hoses in the car burst :annoyed: Also managed to hit a temporary flood wall :angry:

Still dry, but the khlongs crossing Nawamin are at a high level. I'd say the last one near soi 161 maybe another 30cms before it reaches the level of the road. Some of the street drains have been sandbagged, but water is seeping out.

Any personal experiences of driving from Suvarnabhumi to Korat (or vice-versa) ?

yeah - my wife and daughter did it yesterday. It took them over 8 hours and they said it was a terrible trip - par around Saraburi. I'm due to go over next week and drive up myself but it does look a bit dodgy currently ...

Chao Phraya seems to be up today; maybe 20-25 cm from yesterday. There's beginning to be some minor puddling in the warehouse area next to our condo, but we're still completely dry and Praram 3 is still completely dry. Three of these 4 pictures were taken today at 4:40 pm. The fourth picture (there are two showing the river level marker) was taken yesterday. Our location is on the river, Praram 3 near the intersection of the Industrial Ring Road.

post-132703-0-74872700-1319537198_thumb. post-132703-0-97105500-1319537207_thumb.post-132703-0-99587200-1319537224_thumb.post-132703-0-72375400-1319537216_thumb.post-132703-0-97105500-1319537207_thumb.

This link is to site that has tide levels. (Not that I don't have full confidence in the local TV news.)

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/tide.m?city=W48455&metric=true&tideLocationID=T0138

I apologize if it's been previously posted and I just missed it.

It shows that the high tides occurs shortly before dawn, and that it will increase by about 1/3 meter or 1 foot per day on Thursday and Friday.

So, it looks like Wednesday &/or Thursday will see the water from Saphan Mai reach Chatujak, and Thursday &/or Friday may see water from the river join the fun. The fun never stops. Has anybody peeked at the river level at Bang Sue lately?

<<Snip!>>

If I understand it, one way or another, the Mae Nam C P is expected to shift into reverse.

Edited by metisdead
31) Members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Bangkokpost.com or Phuketwan inside topics on Thaivisa.com. Posts from members containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Members posting links referring back to the sites is