Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge rainstorm coming towards the west from Rama 3 and the river. First rain in a while and it looks like it won't be a shower!!

Big storm coming over Sukh 71 now

Just as I was thinking it could be worse, it could be raining....

Can you add your reports to the map?

Much easier to see the situation on a map,

Thanks

(Green = OK, Red = Flooded)

http://maps.google.c...178424,0.338173

I'm trying to do that. . . can't figure it out! Do you have to be invited as a collaborator?

1. You have to be signed in with a google account (e.g. your gmail account)

2. Press the "Edit" button on the top left

3. Right click on the map where you want to add your report -> Add a placemark

4. Choose the icon (green = DRY / red = FLOODED)

5. Write your report and press "OK"

Can you add your reports to the map?

Much easier to see the situation on a map,

Thanks

(Green = OK, Red = Flooded)

http://maps.google.c...178424,0.338173

I'm trying to do that. . . can't figure it out! Do you have to be invited as a collaborator?

No - just edit it.

Sign in with a google ID. (If you don't have one, sign up for gmail and get one.)

Click EDIT

At the top, on the left side, is a balloon and a jagged line and a hand.

Drag the balloon to mark the map.

Fill in the info.

Click your entry on the list on the left of the screen.

Edit it again, if you click the balloon that appears, you will have a choice of colors.

I have no idea if I'm making any sense, but I'm an idiot, and I muddled through it, as have many non-idiots.

A post containing content copied and pasted from Bangkok Post has been removed as per forum rule:

31) Members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Bangkokpost.com or Phuketwan inside topics on Thaivisa.com. Posts from members containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Members posting links referring back to the sites is also not allowed and will be deleted.

From Arun Amarin Bridge (the bridge next to Sirirat Hospital) onwards it is flooded to thigh height on the immediate West side of Chao Praya River.

This is due to leak points West at Arum Amarin intersection (a location some 3 km away) and a breach of the Navy Base dyke on Thanon Arun Amarin. Navy base at full strength trying to stop this as this is the location of the Royal Barges.

The flooding is anticipated to decline. Currently road is impassable to cars and all cars are required to U-turn by police block.

I would describe this as the first large-scale flooding in the central area of Bangkok. But it is tidal and unrelated to the enormous amount of water about 6km North.

I hear Don Muang closed??? anyone can verify? also the water at 1.5-2 m high???

Don't have the height of the water but AOT officially closed Don Muang Airport at 1900 due to flooded runways (not to mention terminals).

Nok Air diverting arrivals to Suvarnabhumi then cancelling all flights until at least 01 Nov.

Orient Thai switching operation to Suvarnabhumi.

I hear Don Muang closed??? anyone can verify? also the water at 1.5-2 m high???

There was an announcement by Nok Air that they were transferring their flights to Suvarnabhumi from this afternoon as the airport is closed. There was also a report that the passengers off the last flights to land there were stranded as they couldn't get out of the airport due to floods.

There were numerous warnings over the last week that Lat Krabang / Prawet / Samut Prakan will flood and that the deluge is being diverted to the East.

The sand bagged Swampy airport to protect it.

Meanwhile, thankfully, nothing has happened. They have stopped talking about the Lat Krabang / Prawet / Samut Prakan area. Does that mean the threat is subsided?

Someone, please advise.

No.

Sirin Thorn Road, Bang Phlat out bound has been closed, the police at stopping cars and turning them back, at the U-turn just before Tang Hue Sang Thonburi,

Also Soi Luet Suk has about 6 inches of water, it was dry all day before the rain earlier, and it was not flooded when the rain stopped, this has just happened in the last 1 hour.

The water has come in realy fast, the water has come up from the drains.

FD

Edited by Fatdog

Anyone go through asok / prom pong area this evening? They were sending only 1 sky train per 4/5 mins which resulted in a 'people' flood. Nightmarish

I'm planning on taking a taxi there from Union Mall about 4:00 a.m. tomorrow. The Villa Supermarket there is open 24 hours, and I'm hoping that Villa and other farang supermarkets won't be as hard hit by the panic buying. I can report back on Rachada-Pisek and Sukhumvit between Asoke & Phrom Pong then.

May I make a suggestion that a flooding forum be set up with threads for different districts or groups of districts - e.g. Don Muang, Sai Mai, Bang Khen, Chatuchak could be one.

In the coming days this thread will become too confusing to find important information quickly as the number of foreign residents affected in inner Bangkok will increase substantially, and therefore there will be a rapid increase in the number of postings.

Just an idea for the mods to consider.

Thanks.

Have had numerous reports from Nakhon Nayok, Rangsit this evening.

One of my roommates suddenly found herself in 2 meter deep water while at work, Car was submerged and she was fortunate a raft available for her and her coworkers to make it to safety.

Other reports are that Srivalee Rangsit 1 Village on Khlong 2 was flooded due to Thangchai Villages walls giving in. Three families have contacted me saying they are safe for the time being, though the water levels are rising in their homes.

Nice satellite pic from the BBC:

_56245573_bangkok_floods624.gif

Thanks for that.

Any way to zoom in on this? It looks like the one who made this map indicated some of the run off (middle black arrow) will break right through the barriers and could hit Khannayao? :unsure:

Nah, there's probably more info on the Unosat site though.

good idea Sunderland !

I suggest different threads on north of Bangkok, west of Bangkok, center of Bangkok ( inner Bangkok ) and other provinces. there are completely different priority and different point of interest on the discussion . . .

cheers

May I make a suggestion that a flooding forum be set up with threads for different districts or groups of districts - e.g. Don Muang, Sai Mai, Bang Khen, Chatuchak could be one.

In the coming days this thread will become too confusing to find important information quickly as the number of foreign residents affected in inner Bangkok will increase substantially, and therefore there will be a rapid increase in the number of postings.

Just an idea for the mods to consider.

Thanks.