Italian Thai Boxer Tourist Gets Phuket Smack-Down

webfact

Italian Thai boxer tourist gets Phuket smack-down

PHUKET: -- An Italian student of muay Thai learned the hard way last night that it's unwise to mix beer and martial arts, ending up with 15 stitches to the eyebrow and a blow to his pride.

According to a report in Siangtai Daily this morning, a group of three “bald and heavily tattooed Italians” were drinking in a bar on Soi Sea Dragon when the incident took place.

Although it is generally not difficult for men to attract the attention of girls on Soi Sea Dragon, witnesses said one of the Italians decided to remove his shirt to impress the hostesses there with a view of his lean physique and dragon tattoo – and exhibition of his mastery of muay Thai moves.

Less impressed than the hostesses was a Thai man sitting down the bar. Spotting some of the Italian's less-than-perfect maneuvers, he came up to offer some advice, witnesses said.

This was not the type of attention the Italian was looking for. A fight ensued that ended with the Italian knocked to the ground by an elbow, blood flowing from a gash above his right eye. As he lay there in agony, the Thai man disappeared into the night.

The Italian’s two friends took him to Patong Hospital, where the stitches were applied.

Questioned by police at the hospital, the Italian said he did not want to press charges.

"It was just a mistake," he told them.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2011/article11219.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-10-17

how is sparring a fight?

Not just a fight, a "smack-down" no less. Got you to click the link didn't it? I think this marks the first time the words "Patong" and "smack-down" have been used in the same story without the also the word "tuk tuk".

It's called evolution and applies to a range of other words; jet-sky scam, corruption, prostitution, education and inactive postings come to mind!

Was this the same Italian who did kick the tuk tuk drivers ass on the other thread ? October 9th vs. October 16.

It seems to me they are two seperate incidents. One where the foreigner holds his own after parking in "their spot", while the other incident happened at a bar with the foreigner getting handled.

Finished laughing on italians?

It seems that things went in a completely different way

http://tuttophuket.com/2011/10/turista-italiano-impara-lezione/

See the comment below and try translate with google, I summarize. They were assaulted in the middle of the street with golf clubs and billiard cues. I don't know the reason of the assault, one of them say the boy broke a bottle, maybe they beat the wrong person, now the guy is in hospital in serious conditions.

There is nothing to laugh on.

I tried to add the comment on Phuket Gazette yesterday but it is not yet shown.

Edited by buasaard

Be warned everyone - when I tried to follow the above link my anti-virus software went mad about a trojan horse. First time in three years that it has gone so mental!

As for the thread, I assume the Italian was on holiday and didn't want to spend the remainder of his holiday pursuing a pointless argument - the Thai is long gone.

Be warned everyone - when I tried to follow the above link my anti-virus software went mad about a trojan horse. First time in three years that it has gone so mental!

No trouble with my antivirus (McAfee) when I looked at the link.

That doesn't surprise me... by the time that overrated, overwieght program picks anything up, you'll be screwed. :whistling: