Started Installing New Sidewalks On Thappraya Road

billaaa777

It is true, they have actually started to install new sidewalks on Thappraya Road. The instillation began in front of the View Talay sales office, which is in front of View Talay 2.

I know it might take a year or more for them to complete the job, but at least they started. Hopefully, the new sidewalks will get rid of all of the sand that is always on the road and blowing all over the place.

^the problem is the traffic u-turning at the non-u-turn gaps in the median.

That will still continue even when the lights are put back in.

I'm sure that City Hall has to wait until a quota of accidents has been achieved (e.g. 100 crashes, 4 dead) before they do something to rectify the obvious black spot that could have been avoided in the first place.

A traffic circle might be the answer.

except of course that 99% of drivers, farang included, dont know how to drive on a Roundabout, or who has right of way.

the answer of course is that right of way belongs to ( in order of importance) 1.. UK Born Local residents.... buses....... people already on the roundabout

;)

If they could re-open the Thappraya/Thepprasit Rd. junction that would be nice. I wonder how many unnecessary road accidents have been caused by u-turning traffic.

That would be nice, should just re-instate the lights.

Strange they shut that junction but yet a free for all is still permissible at the Hanuman area!!??

If they could re-open the Thappraya/Thepprasit Rd. junction that would be nice. I wonder how many unnecessary road accidents have been caused by u-turning traffic.

Strange they shut that junction but yet a free for all is still permissible at the Hanuman area!!??

Hanuman is due to get traffic lights as well.

Since this thread is about the paving- It has started - but will take about 5 years to complete at the pace they proceed and also the speed that the jungle comes back...

I watched a group of around 10 guys laying the bricks on top of the soft wash away at the first rain sand and none of them had the proper tools. One guy had a rubber mallet. They leave large gaps at the edges to let the rainwater wash out the base and return to the status quo of bombsite pavements and every one walking on the road.

If only the Pattaya/Jomtien road council (if there is such a group) could visit a first world Promenade and see what could be done with the right equipment. trained staff, and less backhanders and mafia payouts we would have a road and pavement that would bring thousands flocking to the area. But no.....we have mud and sand everywhere...that leads to the new town dump/landfill site at the end of the new road at the Chayapreuk junction...nuff said...

Since this thread is about the paving- It has started - but will take about 5 years to complete at the pace they proceed and also the speed that the jungle comes back...

I watched a group of around 10 guys laying the bricks on top of the soft wash away at the first rain sand and none of them had the proper tools. One guy had a rubber mallet. They leave large gaps at the edges to let the rainwater wash out the base and return to the status quo of bombsite pavements and every one walking on the road.

If only the Pattaya/Jomtien road council (if there is such a group) could visit a first world Promenade and see what could be done with the right equipment. trained staff, and less backhanders and mafia payouts we would have a road and pavement that would bring thousands flocking to the area. But no.....we have mud and sand everywhere...that leads to the new town dump/landfill site at the end of the new road at the Chayapreuk junction...nuff said...

You are so correct. i have been watching Jomtien road construction and choking on the dust for 3 years and it is an ongoing project where contractors know they will be back making repairs when the job is finished. I really don't think the Pattaya city officials and / or businessmen want to see Jomtien succeed. They put many out of business in the Thappraya - 2nd road project and it isn't over yet.

Hanuman is due to get traffic lights as well.

I live near those junctions and in the few months that the compulsory u-turns have been in use i,ve

witnessed 4 accidents where motorbikes have collided with cars, 2 of them, the riders were badly injured

maybe fatal.

Those are the ones that i saw and i was away for 1 month, so there could well of been more.

The roadwork was scandalously slow and indeed ruined many businesses. However, the sidewalk work is coming along rather quickly. More like months than years for the area they are covering. I think they are just putting in the sidewalks where there are none and won't replace the existing ones.

Driving up Thappaya road the other day - cars had backed up a good 100 yards around that U -turn section near Take care U bar.

Then went along Phratamnak road and they had cars backed up all the way to the Hot Rod Harley shop up there from the trafic lights. Surely when the all those condo's [the view - legend - art on the hill ++] are finished they'll be running rings around Phratamnak hill - will take you 30 mins just to get out of Phratamnak.

Not much planning in that.

URGENT UPDATE - There is a massive hole appearing at the junction of Theprasit - it is big enough to take a whole wheel - any one on a bike at night is going to have a bad crash. A car could be badly damaged.

I doubt if the "nightshift" road crew have fixed it since last night around 8 pm.....

URGENT UPDATE - There is a massive hole appearing at the junction of Theprasit - it is big enough to take a whole wheel - any one on a bike at night is going to have a bad crash. A car could be badly damaged.

I doubt if the "nightshift" road crew have fixed it since last night around 8 pm.....

I am sure they will dump a few bags of asphalt into it and tamp it down ignoring the real underlying problem. When a 2 metre monster hole appears and swallows up a few vehicles they will then shut the intersection down and do major repairs as usual. This is a real money maker.

It reminds me of the Soi Watboon and 2nd Road hole a few storms back! :whistling:

Edited by gerry53

Well that would explain why they never re-opened the junction to traffic.