Shops Running Out Of Products

JimSiam

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wealthy Thais and worried farangs have bought the supermarkets and the seven-elevens out of stock, hoarded it in then sky-high condos and then buggered off to Pattaya. My local market here in Bangkok is full of fresh meat and vegtables, rice, water and all the other essential stuff. The one thing that does remain elusive is a can of tuna. I'm off to a little island where the fish is caught from the sea and hopefully they have a good water supply. Hopefully.

And while they're in Pattaya they are touring round the 7-11s and Family Marts and loading up their SUVs with whatever they can find.

The missus just got the last 4 cans of beer on the shelf in Tesco's Sukhumvit tonight.

Seems like these Aussie companies can't organise the proverbial then?

looks like a few guys will have to dry out if the floods dont go away soon .what will the misses think of a sober husband . james

Fortunately there's still a lot of Thai shops that don't have the self created logistic problems of the supermarkets so I've managed to stay drunk the whole weekend.

Was even able to get milk for the kids to drink too.

Water in Tops Central Festival if anyone desperate for it at 65 bht per bottle Think it 1.5.

Yep, I saw it on Saturday.

Good spring water from Australia. Some bottles from Italy and Singapore as well.

And a staff in Bic C Sukhumvit told me yesterday they were expecting water delivery today or tomorrow.

The missus just got the last 4 cans of beer on the shelf in Tesco's Sukhumvit tonight.

looks like a few guys will have to dry out if the floods dont go away soon .what will the misses think of a sober husband . james

Fortunately there's still a lot of Thai shops that don't have the self created logistic problems of the supermarkets so I've managed to stay drunk the whole weekend.

Of course,shops who have a non existing turnover will still have stock.

Was at Big C extra today 4 pm and these were my observations and calculations

Canned tuna mixed all kinds eithe natural,in oil,with curry or wathever,

Total count 0

Eggs,mixed all grades and colours

Total count 0

Bags of rice at less than 120 Baht a kilo

Total count 0

Water in bottles either drinkin or mineral water at a price below 38 baht for 0,5 liter

Total count 0 ( of the 38 baht for 0,5 liter there were 26 left.)

Sugar in bags of 1 kilo

2 containers full,but at current time this will be 0 as people were loading trolleys full with only sugar ( guess 100 bags each trolley)

Mentioned products were not out of stock due to the time of day as there usual space was taken up already with other products.

I have difficulty's to agree with you that there are no shortages.

Edit to add: Sliced bread all kinds and brands at a price lower than 100 baht for 300 grams

Total count 0

Edited by janverbeem

Total count 0

Total count 0

Total count 0

Water in bottles either drinkin or mineral water at a price below 38 baht for 0,5 liter

Sugar in bags of 1 kilo

2 containers full,but at current time this will be 0 as people were loading trolleys full with only sugar ( guess 100 bags each trolley)

Mentioned products were not out of stock due to the time of day as there usual space was taken up already with other products.

Edit to add: Sliced bread all kinds and brands at a price lower than 100 baht for 300 grams

Total count 0

Well if that's where, when and how you wish to shop, things probably wont get any better.

^

Well maybe you have some useful suggestions as how to shop but I've been at Makro 2 times this week and the total count for the same products was identical,and also was in Tesco lotus.Yeah of course we could switch to products that are in stock,but I prefer to choose what I put in my mouth.

^

Well maybe you have some useful suggestions as how to shop but I've been at Makro 2 times this week and the total count for the same products was identical,and also was in Tesco lotus.Yeah of course we could switch to products that are in stock,but I prefer to choose what I put in my mouth.

i have it on very good authority that macro this morning was busy but almost at pre panic stock levels........

Edited by timekeeper

I have in no way compromised what I am eating and have posted on here what I am getting also where and when. I use Friendship, who are not stuck with a national distribution service and seem to be able to obtain what they need and their customers want.

If you are looking for rice, go up Chaiyapruek 2, about 200m after the railway line on your right you will see a big rice store, they have about 300 + tonnes in stock and recieved about another 60 tonnes today!! Far far cheaper than Tesco/ Makro etc.

Total count 0

Total count 0

Total count 0

Sugar in bags of 1 kilo

Total count 0

But . . . but . . . you had loudly insisted nobody would ever shop at Big C Extra and it would fail! So how can this be?

And it clearly does as they can't even stock their shelves anymore and most of the people on here insist there is no shortage.Maybe the first sign of their failure.:whistling:

you went at 4pm?

ever heard of the expression ''early bird catches the worm''?.........

Ever heard about supermarkets reorganising their entire floor twice every day?

Plenty Farmhouse sliced bread in Tesco on Chaiyapruek 2 this morning and yesterday morning, still same price 33 Baht, same in 7/11 in Huay Yai today.

I know there will have been some farmhouse bread available,but plenty is a expression taken out of its context.

If they didn't have any problems,then why wouldn't they provide stock to their major sellers,Tesco-Big c -Makro.

And it clearly does as they can't even stock their shelves anymore and most of the people on here insist there is no shortage.Maybe the first sign of their failure.:whistling:

you went at 4pm?

Most deliveries are made in the early morning as the trucks drive through the night when the roads are quieter, so until these bigger supermarkets get back to their normal ammounts of product being delivered, you need to be in there early.

you went at 4pm?

no

wheres your source for that titbit?

Edited by timekeeper

Plenty Farmhouse sliced bread in Tesco on Chaiyapruek 2 this morning and yesterday morning, still same price 33 Baht, same in 7/11 in Huay Yai today.

I know there will have been some farmhouse bread available,but plenty is a expression taken out of its context.

If they didn't have any problems,then why wouldn't they provide stock to their major sellers,Tesco-Big c -Makro.

Not sure, but i suspect these big stores are fed from their own central distribution centres which are having some problems, but the smaller tesco's and the 7/11's, family marts etc get theirs from the red & white farmhouse vans which have not had a problem and have been delivering plenty every other day.

you went at 4pm?

Most deliveries are made in the early morning as the trucks drive through the night when the roads are quieter, so until these bigger supermarkets get back to their normal ammounts of product being delivered, you need to be in there early.

So you are saying that a supermarket will stock a complete area of their floor with a certain product at 9 am,then at lets say 2pm they will locate really big amounts of different products including the promtional stands and pamflets to this area , to replace them once again the next morning,every day again.And this with at least ten of their major selling products.

Edited by janverbeem

Obviously if you have to get up early to obtain basic commodities, there are shortages going on.

That would depend on what shops you visit and who handles their logistics, like i said earlier there is a shop on Chaiyapruek 2 with a stock of 300 tonnes + of a certain basic commodity - rice, and loads more delivered today, with no increase in prices i might add. Certainly no shortage there.

Well I said

" Mentioned products were not out of stock due to the time of day as there usual space was taken up already with other products "

Which translates as : A competely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.Those same products are also found in other areas of the shop so it is clearly that they have to fill empty spaces.

I should also add that on most of the shelves where the usual products are missing sticks a document that they don't know when they can provide the product again.I think it would be easier to just say that it will be there the next morning if that was the case,not?

Well I said

Which translates as : A competely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.Those same products are also found in other areas of the shop so it is clearly that they have to fill empty spaces.

I should also add that on most of the shelves where the usual products are missing sticks a document that they don't know when they can provide the product again.I think it would be easier to just say that it will be there the next morning if that was the case,not?[/color]

If you didnt go to the shop till 4pm, how do you know what was or was not there at 7am?

Well I said

I should also add that on most of the shelves where the usual products are missing sticks a document that they don't know when they can provide the product again.I think it would be easier to just say that it will be there the next morning if that was the case,not?[/color]

If you didnt go to the shop till 4pm, how do you know what was or was not there at 7am?

Ever looked up hairsplitting?

A completely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.

Edited by bazmlb
Fonts changed as per forum netiquite

Well I said

Ever looked up hairsplitting?

A competely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.

If you think the difference between 7 am and 4 pm is splitting hairs you must be some sort of politician!!

Goodnight!