Shops Running Out Of Products

JimSiam

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I said

Which translates as : A competely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.Those same products are also found in other areas of the shop so it is clearly that they have to fill empty spaces.

I should also add that on most of the shelves where the usual products are missing sticks a document that they don't know when they can provide the product again.I think it would be easier to just say that it will be there the next morning if that was the case,not?[/color]

If you didnt go to the shop till 4pm, how do you know what was or was not there at 7am?

Ever looked up hairsplitting?

A competely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.

If you think the difference between 7 am and 4 pm is splitting hairs you must be some sort of politician!!

Goodnight!

hairsplitting [ˈhɛəˌsplɪtɪŋ] n the making of petty distinctionsadj occupied with or based on petty distinctions hairsplitter n

I wrote several times already that the area of those usual basic products was taken up by a completely different range of products and that documents were attached to the shelves that it was unknown when those usual products could be provided again.

I think you admitted that no supermarket will reorganize their entire floor several times a day,every day.

Still you keep insinuating that the products were probably there earlier in the day.hc_dict()

Went to Tesco's south Pattaya about 6pm this evening mainly because I fancied some KFC, there was plentiful bread, fresh meat, fresh fish, fruit and vegetables. Also tons of cooking oil

There was stacks of rice bags, and the freezer chest's all looked about 1/2 full, there were empty shelves of some stock, I did not see any eggs, but forgot to look. This is after a long busy day in the store, so I would say yes, better to shop early morning.

Foodmart in Jomtien has also been very well stocked during this problem, I have always been able to get everything I want there, I go every other day to buy fresh bread, meat, milk.

I am guessing the Bangkok crowd will be heading back to the city tomorrow as the long break is over, so it should get even better.

KFC had plenty of fried chicken, but several items were marked out of stock on the menu.

i have it on very good authority that macro this morning was busy but almost at pre panic stock levels........

Probably be best if you could post on actual experiences.... opposed to quoting some sweat / beer soaked sexpat that you have meet on your travels on Soi Buo Khaoi <_< .... 5/10 for effort i suppose :huh:

i have it on very good authority that macro this morning was busy but almost at pre panic stock levels........

Probably be best if you could post on actual experiences.... opposed to quoting some sweat / beer soaked sexpat that you have meet on your travels on Soi Buo Khaoi <_< .... 5/10 for effort i suppose :huh:

William did Timekeeper meet and chat with you this afternoon then????

DHL's Wangnoi warehouse is 30cm deep in water and 1.3m deep in the surrounding area according to their manager. DHL do the supply chain for Big C.

This is very true, the company I work for supply their MHE , we also supply Tesco and there D.C's at Bangbatong, Wangnoi ( next door to DHL ) and their new place at Lamlukka are all under water, so both their operations are severly affected.

Also the Express stores are supplied by the Banbatong D.C , but maybe they are trying to use other suppliers.

What part of keep it Civil didn't you understand?

The bottom line (at least for water, it's hard not to note the trucks from Boonrawd and Namthip heading into town with fresh product every single day from where we overlook Sukhumvit Road at one of our buildings), the producers are still in business, and product is still moving to market. The old school middlemen shops and hypermarts are still restocking. It simply is having trouble keeping up with the sudden influx of people (and demand brought with them) into the area.

That's not the same as a post apocalypse type situation where the factories are no longer producing and there is no logistics support for said product. Stock up a bit, make an effort to shop around, and you'll be fine. You might have to do something crazy like settle for a different brand of water (but still with an 'FDA' approval code all the same), but you'll make it.

:)

The good authority is myself, at nine thirty today the shop looked as it always has even the rice had been stocked with a brand I had not previously seen.

I am also not a beer soaked sexpat and do not go in grotty downtown bars.

Anymore flames from you and you will be on holiday.

you will be on holiday.

actually i am ... thanks :jap: anyway, as i said, it annoys me when someone reply's to a thread with some quote from some total stranger... ok, not the case here but still, the amount of crap i've had to listen to here in Pattaya is un-real... got so bad i actaully avoid talking to people as i just take the BS any more :huh:

you will be on holiday.

actually i am ... thanks :jap: anyway, as i said, it annoys me when someone reply's to a thread with some quote from some total stranger... ok, not the case here but still, the amount of crap i've had to listen to here in Pattaya is un-real... got so bad i actaully avoid talking to people as i just take the BS any more :huh:

That also goes for discussion of moderation, which you have already done twice now, so consider yourself lucky.

If you didnt go to the shop till 4pm, how do you know what was or was not there at 7am?

Ever looked up hairsplitting?

A competely different range of products takes up the big areas where those major products normally are located.

If you think the difference between 7 am and 4 pm is splitting hairs you must be some sort of politician!!

Goodnight!

hairsplitting [ˈhɛəˌsplɪtɪŋ] n the making of petty distinctionsadj occupied with or based on petty distinctions hairsplitter n

I wrote several times already that the area of those usual basic products was taken up by a completely different range of products and that documents were attached to the shelves that it was unknown when those usual products could be provided again.

I think you admitted that no supermarket will reorganize their entire floor several times a day,every day.

Still you keep insinuating that the products were probably there earlier in the day.hc_dict()

I admitted no such thing!!

It's like talking to a brick wall!!:wacko:

i trust that any issues that william osborne, janverbeam and thaicbr may have with me have been resolved by an intervention by the mods

i would hate to waste good material on the likes of you unnecessarily......

Edited by timekeeper

so after wasting time reading through more bitching posts - is it safe to assume I'm not going to starve or die of thirst when I come back to Pattaya on Friday, I think that is what this thread is about - right

yes, i think its safe to assume that

have a good trip.....

so after wasting time reading through more bitching posts - is it safe to assume I'm not going to starve or die of thirst when I come back to Pattaya on Friday, I think that is what this thread is about - right

It all depends on your attitude, if you are willing to be flexible with where and when you shop then you will be fine, if not then like many posters on here you will starve because there is nothing to be had anywhere. whistling.gif

It all depends on your attitude, if you are willing to be flexible with where and when you shop then you will be fine, if not then like many posters on here you will starve because there is nothing to be had anywhere. whistling.gif

LOL :D

And it clearly does as they can't even stock their shelves anymore and most of the people on here insist there is no shortage.Maybe the first sign of their failure.:whistling:

you went at 4pm?

ever heard of the expression ''early bird catches the worm''?.........

Ever heard about supermarkets reorganising their entire floor twice every day?

Most deliveries are made in the early morning as the trucks drive through the night when the roads are quieter, so until these bigger supermarkets get back to their normal ammounts of product being delivered, you need to be in there early.

So finally you agree that there are shortages.:jap:

And it clearly does as they can't even stock their shelves anymore and most of the people on here insist there is no shortage.Maybe the first sign of their failure.:whistling:

you went at 4pm?

Most deliveries are made in the early morning as the trucks drive through the night when the roads are quieter, so until these bigger supermarkets get back to their normal ammounts of product being delivered, you need to be in there early.

note to other posters

please let janverbreem have the last word

the poor guy can't get to the shops until 4 pm already

if you keep him posting he will surely starve to death.......

you went at 4pm?

No, only a problem with deliveries to the larger supermarkets, as posted several times - there are plenty supplies if you know (and pay attention when you are told) where to look! :thumbsup:

you went at 4pm?

No, only a problem with deliveries to the larger supermarkets, as posted several times - there are plenty supplies if you know (and pay attention when you are told) where to look! :thumbsup:

dam_n you lenny, if you don't let him have the last word, he will never get out to do any shopping

we will be reading of his demise on pattaya one........

post-45550-0-57948000-1320116271_thumb.j

note to other posters

Well actually I'm always late because i had my watch repaired by the certified Rolex dealer you advised a while ago on this forum and houses in the smelly market in South Pattaya.Same as then I take your comments very serious.

Oh by the way,it is Janverbeem and not janverbreem or janverbeam as you already wrote twice.

It clearly reflects the quality of your eyesight if you can't just copy what you read,and might translate in other things you post on this forum that you've seen but actually weren't there.

Edited by janverbeem

note to other posters

Well actually I'm always late because i had my watch repaired by the certified Rolex dealer you advised a while ago on this forum and houses in the smelly market in South Pattaya.Same as then I take your comments very serious.

is that really the best you can do?

keep repeating that old chestnut?

why not ask your mother to remove the google filter so that you can search for some really badass things to say to me

however, i digress...

you are wrong again as you usually are and for the second time you have misquoted me about this matter

so for the record, i will repeat myself.....again

i never said he was a ''certified rolex dealer''

i said he , he (being the person) & (not the booth..) was certified as Rolex repairer having worked at the ROLEX AD (that means Authorised Dealer) in Bangkok

and he still services my Rolex..........

no problems with my vision courtesy of laser vision at BPH

ps jinerboom, did i get it wrong again?

i can see how one might imagine i was doing it on purpose to annoy you

sorry...............

Edited by timekeeper

Guys, can you please open your own thread for your flaming? This is serious visual pollution.

I'm trying to see if the shops have stocks back and how the situation is, and that's why this own thread is made for.

It seems things are slowly coming back to normal, but I will be happy if people continue posting their shopping experience here.

For those interested, I saw farm eggs yesterday in the Siam Country Club market.

Cheers to everyone especially for those who have difficult times.

Guys, can you please open your own thread for your flaming? This is serious visual pollution.

I'm trying to see if the shops have stocks back and how the situation is, and that's why this own thread is made for.

It seems things are slowly coming back to normal, but I will be happy if people continue posting their shopping experience here.

For those interested, I saw farm eggs yesterday in the Siam Country Club market.

Cheers to everyone especially for those who have difficult times.

i suggest you read back over the thread

i and others like RabC have contributed loads of tips, reports and locations to get supplies but few on here want to listen or pay attention to whats being offered

God only knows why they bother asking for help and then ignore it or want to challenge its authenticity or question its source, in an insulting smart-ass manner

then not even apologize when the they are proven to be 100% wrong about their stupid assertions

on Saturday afternoon i posted this picture (below) of a huge stack of water for sale in Central Pattaya

i deliberately left out the location.

you know what?

not one single person on or off Thaivisa has asked me where it is!

so much for serious problems and people taking it seriously.......

post-45550-0-93912500-1320118353_thumb.j

Edited by timekeeper

i suggest you read back over the thread

i and others like RabC have contributed loads of tips, reports and locations to get supplies but few want to listen or pay attention to whats offered

on Saturday afternoon i posted this picture (below) of a huge stack of water for sale in Central Pattaya

i deliberately left out the location.

you know what?

not one single person on or off Thaivisa has asked me where it is!

so much for serious problems and people taking it seriously.......

Where is this water please?