Coming To Pattaya

SunDaRi

Hello Everyone,I am seeking advise on where to stay at Pattaya Central/ South (or somewhere near Major Avenue). I am not prepared for a holiday and the stay may be extended until the flood goes down in my area...Is there any good accommodation that rents by week on a more affordable price? I am trying to stretch the dollar here.Kind Thoughts

Diana Dragon? 600B/night incl free buffet breakfast (worth 105B), free wifi, free pool (in another building a few minutes' walk away). Good value if you like a big breakfast. Not so good if you wake up at 3pm. This is a low season price.

Otherwise for something cheaper there are places over bars in and around Soi Lengkee/Soi Buakow but they have no pool and may be noisy. And there are monthly places off South Rd, up past 3rd. They go for around 6-8k, plus services. Also Diana Estates along Soi Buakow. Quite good monthly rates for several categories of room (10k - 30k, plus services). There are various other buildings in and around that area with rooms for between 12k and 18k per month. Best to check them out in person though as the quality is very variable.

Significant reductions are generally for a month rather than a week, though it's always worth asking. Lots of places have recently put prices up by 20% on last year in preparation for the high season.

Not sure they will stay that high for long though.

You could check out the Apex Hotel which is in the area you mentioned. They advertise rooms for B550 per night so I would think on a weekly basis you could get a discount. The rooms are pretty basic but do have a/c, hot water and cable tv. Dont know if they have wifi. C e-mail: [email protected] their website for details: www.apexhotelpattaya.com or call at

038 428281

You could check out the Apex Hotel which is in the area you mentioned. They advertise rooms for B550 per night so I would think on a weekly basis you could get a discount. The rooms are pretty basic but do have a/c, hot water and cable tv. Dont know if they have wifi.

Apex now advertise from 650B/night, and there is no wifi with that.

I dont think I would stay there.

Hi Darrel, thanks for the recommendations. Do you have their contact details? Particularly interested in the hotel or their estates.

This should do you: http://www.dianapattaya.co.th

Watch out for the hotel though (Diana Inn, not Diana Dragon). Some of the rooms there are incredibly noisy from the beer-bars.

The other places in the group are fine in that respect.

The Estate has various companies renting out in it, so this link may be of more use.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=diana+estate

Edited by Darrel

Did you try the Soleil de Siam link?

There are a lot of buildings around that area, but it's the sort of thing that you can only check out in person, especially if you want a discount. Not least because some rooms may be much better than others, in the same building.

Diana Dragon is probably your best bet in your circumstances for a stay of a couple of weeks. It's a well-managed group and I wouldn't mind booking there from a distance, sight unseen.

Is Diane Dragon or The Estate closer to the beach?

Both are two blocks from the beach (under 10 minutes walk). Diana Dragon is perhaps an easier walk as it is straight down the soi.

No one is his right mind would swim off Pattaya beach though. They would probably go to Jomtien, and even there they would probably think twice about putting their heads underwater.

Nice enough for walking along the seafront though, which is what I do.

I settled for Robin's, walking distance to Avenue.. I took a look at Diana Dragon and it's too run down, okay for a short stay. I took a walk and it's easier than I thought to find accommodation.

11,000 baht for a month, free wifi and daily room service. The room is quite new.