Man Brought Cash From Thailand To Buy Uk Property

007cableguy

I remember a guy that I knew who was a fanatical smoker. He carried a lot of cash to buy used watches and he got off an airplane somewhere for a frew minutes to have a smoke and left his duffel bag full of money in his seat as he was in first class, so thought no one would steal it.

When he went back it was missing and he was enraged. He actually sued the airline and was very self-rightous about it, but they told him to get stuffed and he eventually lost the case.

Edited by Ulysses G.

That's not unusual. It's not very often someone is going to try cashing Australian or Thai currency of any amount in England. Anyone doing so would come under suspicion.

The guy is 80 years old. :whistling:

What has age got to do with it? I know lots of guys who are 80 and still in full capacity of their brain. The money stolen was foreign currency. You can't just walk into a British store and start buying things in foreign currency. I live in Canada and my Canadian currency is not accepted in American stores and cafes, and even some banks won't accept it without a lot of paper work. Making the theft newsworthy is a heads up to anyone who is approached by someone with a lot of cash in Thai baht or Australian funds. .

Well, it's too bad the guy lost his money. It appears he's not too bright to put his life savings in the cargo hold of a bus ! Transporting that type money I wouldn't let it out of my sight. I once transported a little over US $120,000 from Los Angeles to Thailand for the purpose of buying a condo. After checking in at the LA airport and filling out an 105 form, it never left my person, even when I went to the restroom on the flight. Although, it was equipped with an electronic tracker, I wasn't about to lose what I had saved for, for many years. Stupid is what stupid does. Sorry .......