Bkk Airport To Kan

JayBlake

Hi,

Will be landing at Suvarnabhumi airport in a couple of weeks and transferring direct to Kanchanaburi (Maenam Kwai Road).

Two passengers, each with one hand-baggage and one suitcase betwwen us.

I know we have the following options:

Rank taxi.

Private min-cab.

(Shared) minibus.

Bus.

Train.

But can anyone advise on the WHICH, HOW and COST of each, please?

Can only offer some info on a couple of the options:-

Bus goes from the southern bus terminal every 20 minutes (I think) for about 100 baht BUT it will cost a lot more than that to get a taxi to the bus station!

Not a lot of choice with the train.... http://www.railway.co.th/home/srt/timetable/Kanchanaburi.asp?lenguage=Eng but if they are running and you have the time to spare a great way to travel.

Given the uncertainty of what the flood will be like in a couple of weeks suggest you just Google around and keep your options open.

Can only offer some info on a couple of the options:-

Bus goes from the southern bus terminal every 20 minutes (I think) for about 100 baht BUT it will cost a lot more than that to get a taxi to the bus station!

Not a lot of choice with the train.... http://www.railway.c...sp?lenguage=Eng but if they are running and you have the time to spare a great way to travel.

Given the uncertainty of what the flood will be like in a couple of weeks suggest you just Google around and keep your options open.

Yeah, too much uncertainty at the moment.

Most likely options are:

1) Taxi from the airport at around 2000Bt (my last option - although the easiest - as I don't much like boring car journeys. Taxis are for wimps).

2) Taxi or airport-link and BTS from airport to the Monument and pick up a mini-bus (at a significant saving and at least there is likely to be some company).

I had been hoping to get the bus from the South Bus Terminal as I'm not fond of long taxi/mini-bus trips (far preferring public bus/train) but getting to the Southern Bus Terminal from the airport seems to be a nightmare at the best of times (and these aren't the best of times).