Wanting A Condo Under 500,000 Baht

My wife and I are trying to find a condo to BUY. Preferably in the 500,000 Baht range. But what we seem to be finding are condos in the millions................ blink.gif We would like something in Eastern Bangkok within 10 kilometres of Motorway 9.....

Please lead me in the right direction. Thank you.

expect to pay 100,000 baht per square metre

Not necessarily. If the OP Dr. and wife can live in a Thai style one roomed condo, then it is easily doable in many areas of Bangkok. We bought two of them a few years ago in a new building, side by side for 436,000 each. We put in a connecting door so that one side is the bedroom / bathroom, and the other is living / dining / kitchen. Suits us perfectly.

expect to pay 100,000 baht per square metre

Not necessarily. If the OP Dr. and wife can live in a Thai style one roomed condo, then it is easily doable in many areas of Bangkok. We bought two of them a few years ago in a new building, side by side for 436,000 each. We put in a connecting door so that one side is the bedroom / bathroom, and the other is living / dining / kitchen. Suits us perfectly.

This is a great idea. Anything available?

Dont know where my previous answer went, Mods has it gone into cyberspace?

To the OP, how about On Nut soi 17, sub 400k?

Details please.............. Pictures? Name of building??????

On Nut 17 soi 16, Condo name is Condo 77.

When you turn into the soi at the petrol station carry on straight ahead you will see the buildings on your RH side, enterance is right in front of the 7-11.

I have seen condos for sale there from as low as 365k, usual is about 385k.

At the bus stop you will see condos for sale advertised, you will also see adverts on the enterance to the condos.

As bino pointed out, many buy 2 condos and join them by putting in a door.

If you carry on further down On Nut towards the Seacon Square end there are many more condos down there, sawadee Bangkok is one name that springs to mind.

This is a great idea. Anything available?

Not in our building- been sold out for a long time. Don't know what you would find if you went looking at new buildings now. They are everywhere... go scouting in your desired neighborhood.

The topic comes to mind because an apartment in our building has come available - on the fifth floor "non-view" side, and they are asking 500K. Not interested.

My colleague has a recently re-furbished condo for sale on the 8th Floor at Baan Sukhumvit 77, Pailin Building, Soi on Nut 17 asking price 4.2m baht 0818612284

:o Apologies - the asking price of this condo is 420,000baht not as quoted above - call Yuenyong 0818612284