Post Your Coolest (Or Not) Most Innovative (Or Not) Flood Modifications

WarpSpeed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what this car is on?

post-4641-0-35231600-1319503185_thumb.jp

Looks like some kind of jack stands that's what I've done with my car and since it's up there I've decide to do some maintenance and have changed all of my shift linkage bushings, my manual tranny fluid it's been needing for some time, adjusting up my rear brakes and just an all round general inspection and servicing..

We may be packing up and moving out of town for a couple of months with occasional return scouting visits as I think daily life and supplies are just going to be untenable for a while so maybe a nice excuse to see some other parts for a bit..

If we decide to do that we'll have to locate a flat bed truck to tow us to the higher toll road and then let us off on our journey B) ..

Have some more pictures to post later haven't downloaded them yet..

:shock1: Come on Warpy, i cant change that litte blue car pic , yet alone post pics. It looks as if its up for sale..

Oh geez, you country folk.. Sure you can, this board is easy to do..

Download the jpeg in your computer thingy, then begin a post, then click on the "Choose file" tab under the "post window" your typing in, then when the window opens in your computer thingy files select the relevant jpeg to be posted and double click on it.

Then it appears next to "choose file" once there click the dark blue "attach this file" tab then a thumbnail pops up next to that and next to it says "add to post" or "delete" so click 'add to post" and it pops up in your post highlighted and once you click anywhere on the board it is added to the post and there you have it job done and you've learned a new, useful trick :D ..

:coffee1: We Hillbilly folk don't have a clue tried all that, iget wrong Format, Sony Format not excepted use Bucktooth, send to my pics, ><deleted> Ass Holes these Folks, why not a Post Pic Here button , and a little area for it...I bought a Nikon F2 Photomic years back. Fully Auto, an idiot can use it they said. When i got home,the Manual was thicker than War and Peace.

Err.. (sbk rendered a bit speechless after that last post)

back to the topic:

post-4641-0-94887500-1319607093_thumb.jp

...how much styrofoam does it take to float a Vigo?? ...amazing...

Yeah, having seen that one I'm thinking now that maybe the earlier one posted I thought for sure was on sand bags is really floating on foam like this one.. I'm half tempted to consider that with my car as we are looking to get out of here in a day or 2 as the water is rising and the food stocks are lowering..

Got to figure out how to do it without drowning the car first and then floating it as a truck is high enough to get enough under it before putting it in the water.. I've some ideas but open to suggestions.

back to the topic:

Yeah, having seen that one I'm thinking now that maybe the earlier one posted I thought for sure was on sand bags is really floating on foam like this one.. I'm half tempted to consider that with my car as we are looking to get out of here in a day or 2 as the water is rising and the food stocks are lowering..

Got to figure out how to do it without drowning the car first and then floating it as a truck is high enough to get enough under it before putting it in the water.. I've some ideas but open to suggestions.

Hey,if the styrofoam works,why not to try to strap some tire tubes around and under the car and inflate them when(as) you need...battery operated compressor,foot pump,compressed air tank,or...well,you figure...at least it will look good here...don't forget to take a photo...:rolleyes:

back to the topic:

Hey,if the styrofoam works,why not to try to strap some tire tubes around and under the car and inflate them when(as) you need...battery operated compressor,foot pump,compressed air tank,or...well,you figure...at least it will look good here...don't forget to take a photo...:rolleyes:

I'll definitely take a jpeg.. I'm leaning more towards the floating SUV ferry though posted earlier though you're not far from it. The problem making it reactionary is I don't have a compressor pump and no way to get one at this point. I do have a foot pump so I can pump them up enough, no where to get the wood and the inner tubes yet though :( . Right now my car is high enough in my drive and up on jack stands there is a substantial grade out front so if I made this ferry with a hanging edge to act as a ramp it could extend out far enough to make a smooth transition from my drive to the float.

Then from there it's just a walk about out of here to higher ground and up to the toll road and out of dodge for a brief vacation..

back to the topic:

That's ok SBK a lot of members feel that way when Star posts :w00t:..

Taking a second look I think that's the same Vigo as on the first page only from another angle, too many similarities, it's almost certainly the same men.. So that being said it's definitely foam blocks and Kwasaki is correct. The rear end is looking a bit dodgy and looks as if the foam is slipping out from under the bumper, if it goes the whole thing goes and it seems as if it's heading that way :o ..

The first picture posted here is after this one I think and the rear tires are lower in the water in the first jpeg..

:rolleyes:

back to the topic:

Taking a second look I think that's the same Vigo as on the first page only from another angle, too many similarities, it's almost certainly the same men.. So that being said it's definitely foam blocks and Kwasaki is correct. The rear end is looking a bit dodgy and looks as if the foam is slipping out from under the bumper, if it goes the whole thing goes and it seems as if it's heading that way :o ..

The first picture posted here is after this one I think and the rear tires are lower in the water in the first jpeg..

:rolleyes: What on Earth is a jpeg.?.A Clothesline Add On.

back to the topic:

:o A jpeg is that thing you're having trouble posting, in computer jargon they call em jpegs for short, it's more serious then I thought :( ..

back to the topic:

:o A jpeg is that thing you're having trouble posting, in computer jargon they call em jpegs for short, it's more serious then I thought :( ..

coffee1.gifAs in pegging out. To easy just to put Pics so you don't need a Deciphering Machine. As my Mrs says about Auto Boxes, why not put backwards n forwards cause thats all the little stick does.!!

back to the topic:

Good stuff " sbk " and " warby " Kwackers was right yes.:D

I think it's lower at the back because there pushing it forwards to get it moored up somewhere.:)

Just spotted a entrepreneur guy in the village starting a new business.

post-87530-0-93514200-1319704774_thumb.j

Edited by Kwasaki

coffee1.gifAs in pegging out. To easy just to put Pics so you don't need a Deciphering Machine. As my Mrs says about Auto Boxes, why not put backwards n forwards cause thats all the little stick does.!!

Common Star don't get perturbed because you're not keeping up and the world is passing you by :lol: ..

back to the topic:

Good stuff " sbk " and " warby " Kwackers was right yes.:D

I think it's lower at the back because there pushing it forwards to get it moored up somewhere.:)

Just spotted a entrepreneur guy in the village starting a new business.

NO kidding I think there is a real market for having a similar ferry like the one the SUV is on, some cars are at high ground but boxed in by water (like we are :( ) so a float like that would do the trick.. Once to higher ground you're off and running, run a ferry service of sorts using the roads, between high spots could pull them with high trucks or in deeper areas use some long tails, could even string a couple together..

Innovative!

post-4641-0-10836800-1320073262_thumb.jp

If I recall my high school studies correctly, a 44 gallon drum can float about 150KG before it submerges, so these 10 drums are only about half of what that truck and passengers would actually need to float :(

...passengers are there to push...as of the fact ,if the truck will float...that's in hands of Buddha...??:oB)