Post Your Coolest (Or Not) Most Innovative (Or Not) Flood Modifications

WarpSpeed

So the thread title says it all, post jpegs of the most creative, innovative, quirky, cool (or not) automotive/truck flood modifications. This is intended to be a loose thread to lighten up flooding tensions no malice or insensitivity intended so most importantly have fun..

Here's mine taken this afternoon up the road from us as the water rises :( so need some flood relief so to speak :lol: ..

post-83221-0-81221900-1319280425_thumb.j

Here's the front of the same truck, the water is about 2-3 feet deep at the end where this truck came from.

post-83221-0-87283700-1319280452_thumb.j

I think the cover on the front is to keep floating debris from scratching the hood. Any other ideas?

post-83221-0-23960800-1319280658_thumb.j

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey great stuff guys! That 3 wheeler is pretty cool but he's taking up valuable cargo space, now he can't get his wife and 5 children on the back anymore :lol::whistling: ...

Edit: On further thought maybe that's his intentions?? "Honey can't take you and the kids today, have no room".. :D

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well this one just came through on the work email and is certainly innovative. I think an appropriate title would be "Save the Vigo and the Motorcycle in the back".

Cheers

Yep that'll do it, must have played hell getting it up there.. I'd like to get a picture once it's dried out I think it may look pretty funny in the middle of nowhere propped up on sand bags without anyone knowing the history behind it.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Another entry courtesy of the work email.

Cheers

This looks like it has a diaper on it. Awe!! Look it's a cute baby whatever? :huh: Yaris is it I think? I'm assuming that's a lower level parking garage :ph34r: ?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well the work email is active again today and a few more interesting photo's. I know the table is not strictly correct in the Motor Forum, but interesting anyway.

Note: I am being sent these by Thai's, so there is no Thai bashing intended, if anything it acknowledges and celebrates the innovation they are capable of.

Cheers

post-135863-0-62365100-1319335752_thumb.

post-135863-0-83492300-1319335768_thumb.

post-135863-0-91884600-1319335780_thumb.

Well the work email is active again today and a few more interesting photo's. I know the table is not strictly correct in the Motor Forum, but interesting anyway.

Note: I am being sent these by Thai's, so there is no Thai bashing intended, if anything it acknowledges and celebrates the innovation they are capable of.

Cheers

Yes that's the purpose of the thread.

I saw that table boat in a jpeg search the other day and as I recall it wasn't related to this flood, in fact have a look at how clean and blue the water is, that isn't THIS flood, don't even think it was Thailand..

Cheers

Yes that's the purpose of the thread.

I saw that table boat in a jpeg search the other day and as I recall it wasn't related to this flood, in fact have a look at how clean and blue the water is, that isn't THIS flood, don't even think it was Thailand..

He was going to a remote island for dinner. :lol:

Well this one just came through on the work email and is certainly innovative. I think an appropriate title would be "Save the Vigo and the Motorcycle in the back".

Cheers

Yep that'll do it, must have played hell getting it up there.. I'd like to get a picture once it's dried out I think it may look pretty funny in the middle of nowhere propped up on sand bags without anyone knowing the history behind it.

I may well be wrong but it looks to me they have it floating on large pieces of polystyrene blocks.?

I stand corrected on the table photo it is indeed a counterfeit. Who would have thought it in Thailand, watches, software, clothing etc etc and now flood photo's. There have been a few obviously Chinese ones coming through with the general give away being steering wheel on the wrong side :whistling:

I have looked at that Vigo photo a few times trying to make up my mind on if it is floating or perched. Now leaning towards the floating as it appears it could be polystyrene blocks or similar and there appears to be more of them stashed in the back . The other wrapped up one I am not sure if Yaris or something else, every time I look at it I think "Pudding" though.

Anyway the latest photo I am pretty sure is Thai.

Cheers

post-135863-0-55660800-1319362062_thumb.

Cheers

I may well be wrong but it looks to me they have it floating on large pieces of polystyrene blocks.?

Maybe? :o That would also explain why it seems they are watching it very carefully and also seem to be moving it around, hard to tell from the still jpeg though.. But dam_n! If that's true that's a huge unknown risk to take over just moving it out with all the potential things can you can get wrong without any test time to perfect it.

Noooooo, just looked at it again and you can clearly see the sand bags underneath and besides just foam wouldn't give it that much buoyancy to keep it that high above the water.

Edited by WarpSpeed

I stand corrected on the table photo it is indeed a counterfeit. Who would have thought it in Thailand, watches, software, clothing etc etc and now flood photo's. There have been a few obviously Chinese ones coming through with the general give away being steering wheel on the wrong side :whistling:

I have looked at that Vigo photo a few times trying to make up my mind on if it is floating or perched. Now leaning towards the floating as it appears it could be polystyrene blocks or similar and there appears to be more of them stashed in the back . The other wrapped up one I am not sure if Yaris or something else, every time I look at it I think "Pudding" though.

Anyway the latest photo I am pretty sure is Thai.

Cheers

Yeah that silliness looks like Thailand but hey no worries on the table top boater, an A for effort, so far you're the biggest contributor to the thread :D ..

On the Vigo jpeg I'm doubting it's foam blocks and I sure hope it's not cause if so that's a real tragedy in the making :ermm: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Ok so here's someone who is pretty certain these floods are going to be an annual event from now on. Not sure what this does to their property value? Up or down :D ?

Kind of automotive related since it's built not only to block incoming flood waters but also to lift any vehicle they have out of the water..

post-83221-0-05764900-1319430763_thumb.j

You can see the shop door way down below and behind the ramp they just had built up in front..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Ok so here's someone who is pretty certain these floods are going to be an annual event from now on. Not sure what this does to their property value? Up or down :D ?

Kind of automotive related since it's built not only to block incoming flood waters but also to lift any vehicle they have out of the water..

You can see the shop door way down below and behind the ramp they just had built up in front..

I like the 2 brick "parking brake" system...:D

I like the 2 brick "parking brake" system...:D

Sophisticated technology that :D ...