Visa Exeption Due To Flood

I havnt seen anything about it so forgive me if its already been stated.

I will need to extend my visa in the middle of November just an in and out. There was an extension due to the rally last year if i remember of about 5 days and there have been other times where there were short extensions/exemptions.

If im late due to being stuck in my building am i still going to be pegged for 500 a day?

Immigration and borders are open. Airport is open. Do not expect much consideration will be given under such conditions. If situation changes (airport closure/access might be a big factor) there might be exceptions made; but I would not plan on them.

I am also due to renew my visa but at present trapped here in Pathum Thani with water up to chest level with no transport means to get bangkok the local immigration office is currently under water.

Surely the Thai goverment will accept that this is natural disaster and declare an amesty for forieigners living in certain flooded areas.We are not being un-lawful it's something beyond anyone's control.

I am also due to renew my visa but at present trapped here in Pathum Thani with water up to chest level with no transport means to get bangkok the local immigration office is currently under water.

Surely the Thai goverment will accept that this is natural disaster and declare an amesty for forieigners living in certain flooded areas.We are not being un-lawful it's something beyond anyone's control.

you will just have to wait and see am afraid to say, in the same boat here, am luckily dry but my local office is flooded quite badly. Maybe I could use Chaengwattana but need to get letters done at the British Embassy about income.

:whistling:

Not sure...but if they don't here's what you do.

Put on your best looking "farang" clothes.

Put your inflatable floatation vest over them and knee-high water proof boots on.

Tie a small plastic bag around your neck with your passport and other doucments inside. Make sure is waterfproof and sealed tightly.

Now wade through the chest high water. Go directly to the immigration...still soaking wet.

When they ask why your reporting is late tell them this is the first chance since your house was flooded to get out of the house and do your reporting as required.

(Of course they will think you are crazy, but what-the-heck you're a farang and that's expected.)

Bet you won't have to pay a fine...they'll just laugh and give you the extension.

Probably it will make their whole day.

Even if you have to buy new clothes...it may be cheaper than the fine...and anyway you'll get new clothes out of it.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG