95 Benzine In Chiang Rai

Riggi

Not sure if this is old news or not, but I was at the Cosmo on the highway, just near the airport turn off as you head into town from the north, tonight and noticed they have 95 Benzine.

It was 43 baht/L

They had 91 Benzine for 37 baht/L and 95 gasohol for 37 baht/L.

It clearly said 95 Benzine Octane on the pump and on the sign out the front with the big prices on it.

Yellow pump too (not that it's a definitive sign). But their 91 Benzine is a red pump and their Gasohol 95 an orange pump, which conforms to the "standards".

I was in a friends car, so couldn't try any in my bike. But might try and fill up this weekend.

Rich

Aye, I pass that Cosmo every day but never filled up with their 95 benzine, should give it a go and see if it makes a difference. I also passed a 'PURE' garage on the way back from CM on Monday but had just filled up at PTT, will have to remember for next time and see if it's as good as they say.

Whats better about 95 benzene? Should I use it on my NSR 150 SP?

Yes.

But why is it better? :)

The SP needs minimum 95 octane and the gasohol 95 could cause problems with rubber parts in the carb. So benzene 95 is the way to go. :) But where is this station located ?

Aye, I pass that Cosmo every day but never filled up with their 95 benzine, should give it a go and see if it makes a difference. I also passed a 'PURE' garage on the way back from CM on Monday but had just filled up at PTT, will have to remember for next time and see if it's as good as they say.

Stu, there is a Pure on the highway in Mae Chan.

If you are heading towards Mae Sai it's on the same side of the road and just after the place where they have the evening markets. If you get to the turn off to Chiang Saen, you've gone too far.

I tried some a while back after reading the other thread but didn't notice much difference in my Phantom.

It wasn't bad. But no better than other times I've filled up and got a "fresh" batch of fuel. I've filled up at other servos and got just as much of a noticeable increase in pickup. But also at other times not. Possibly due to how "fresh" the fuel is, or possibly air temperature/density or any other number of factors.

Not enough of a difference to make me go out of my way, but like I said, it wasn't bad either, so have no problems filling up there if I'm passing by and need to.