Tv Poll: Who'S Staying And Who'S Leaving?

differentbutsamesame

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I live on Krungtep-Non rd. Soi 3 ~ Amphur Muang ~ Near Tiwanon. 2 miles from the Chao Phraya in Nonthaburi. Still very dry ~ We're staying ~ well stocked with food and water and the ability to purify more. We have a second level but will not be able to stay upstairs for long as it's super hot up there in the day with a metal roof! For now the market at Thanam Non is still bustling and we've been getting fresh food everyday.... but this area is seriously ready for the worst.... sandbags & walls stacked high everywhere! I don't trust the supply chain for food & water enough to leave yet being that we're well stocked here. :mellow:

Edited by jaiyen17

What the he@@, might as well stay. At least I know what I have right here--knee deep flood water out in the street. But I have no idea what I might be getting myself into if I charge off some place where there is less water and food than I have right now.

Staying. Live in Dok Mai, to the west of the airport sandwiched between Bang-na Trat Road and Bangkok-Chonburi motorway. If they decide to dig those two roads up and it goes wrong, i (possibly stupidly) want to stay behind and try to save the house i've worked dam_n hard to save up to buy!

Left over a week ago when our home and business started flooding. Didn't see much point in staying and becoming a burden so we packed the car and cats and headed north. We saw some of our neighbours on TV being evacuated by the army so it seems it was a good decision to leave. This was in Mung Thong, about 2km from the Chaengwattana immigration office.

My vote is to stay. If one is in a dry place, still have electric and water at home then surely staying is the better option. Course if one's district is flooded badly and/or there is an order to evaculate a particular area, then its a different story.

Left Ladprao Big C area couple days ago, now in Pattaya, where the streets are dry but the tons of insane escapees are far from dry...

If you are talking about, Red Shirt central, Chok Chai 4, dry as a bone as of 17:00 today.

In fact the whole of Lat Prao from the MRT all the way to The Mall Bang Kapi was bone dry.

The above info is correct as of 17:00 today and may well be overtaken by events.

We are staying defending our home even though there is a metre of water around the house. Constant pumping is keeping us sorta dry. But that can change at any minute. If the power goes or the level of water gets too much higher the time will come to abandon our home. Sadly one may trigger the second. Higher water level may cause the power to be cut. We have already lost the power circuits downstairs and I have had to do some 'innovative' (read definitely not approved) electrical adjustments to restore power to our pumps. Did I mention electricity and water don't go well together? Anyone have a spare genset they can lend me?

Left Ladprao Big C area couple days ago, now in Pattaya, where the streets are dry but the tons of insane escapees are far from dry...

-----------------

Still in Ladprao Soi 42 Ladprakhao road....staying.

No water outside the house and road outside.

Have enough emergency supplies and water...so right now no problem.

2nd floor is 3 meters up...if it ever gets that high here.... then there won't be a place in Bangkok that's dry anyhow.