Abhisit Ready To Assist On Flood Control If Invited By Thai Govt

webfact

Abhisit ready to help Yingluck, waiting for invitation: Chavanont

The Nation

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva is ready to assist with flood control if Prime Minister Yingluck Shinwatra were to issue an invitation, party spokesman Chavanont Intarakomalyasut said on Friday.

"Abhisit stands ready to tackle the situation and help the people," he said.

Chavanont said his main opposition party understood the prime minister was in a very stressful situation and that it wished her to remain strong in tackling the flood.

The Democrats had submitted a number of proposals on flood control, he said.

"The prime minister must show leadership. This is an opportunity for her to showcase her abilities for problem solving, and to act decisively," he said.

The government should not hesitate to invoke special provisions, otherwise the people would be left to fend for themselves in the face of prolonged inundation, he said.

Damage would only increase if the government tried to avoid making tough decisions on drainage, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-28

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, time for the cat to bark and the dog to meow and the rooster to purr.

Rayon and polyester can never be Thai silk regardless of shine.

This entire situation sucks big time.

Can the PM not hear all her citizens laughing at her? Well, I mean except for all the other ones cursing her?

"The prime minister must show leadership. This is an opportunity for her to showcase her abilities for problem solving, and to act decisively," he said.

This is a great quote!

:wub:

As they have refused any help from other sources I would be surprised if they let the opposition help out.

I am prepared to be surprised though.

This is a great quote!

As they have refused any help from other sources I would be surprised if they let the opposition help out.

At this late stage, and after the PM has showcased her abilities, they are looking for someone to share the lime-light with. :drunk:

Right, time for the cat to bark and the dog to meow and the rooster to purr.

Rayon and polyester can never be Thai silk regardless of shine.

This entire situation sucks big time.

Can the PM not hear all her citizens laughing at her? Well, I mean except for all the other ones cursing her?

"Can the PM not hear all her citizens laughing at her? Well, I mean except for all the other ones cursing her?"

maybe but important she can hear the cash register.....And I guess her brothers bank account is getting flooded just now.

(pumps from Korea)

This is a great quote!

Really? Why then are there foreign disaster assessment teams in Thailand now? Why are the personnel from WHO,, US, Australia, EU, Japan and others doing their respective needs analyses?

Of course the annointed one with so much executive experience has it all under control

I heard that he successfully built a sand castle on a beach near Malé recently, it lasted the whole afternoon - until high tide. :bah:

1319796066[/url]' post='4802727']

Stand up comedian. I wondered when the wonderful elites were going to come riding in on their white horses.

They are already there, lined up behind her behind. Just a differnt faction from Abhisits. And those white horses are brown with crap, and wearing snorkles. If you think this group in charge is not a Thailand "elite" you are only fooling yourself.

Edited by animatic

This is a great quote!

sadly a true statement - get over yourself and accept help where offered

This is a great quote!

Really? Why then are there foreign disaster assessment teams in Thailand now? Why are the personnel from WHO,, US, Australia, EU, Japan and others doing their respective needs analyses?

What are you asleep or some thing what is needed is action now not a bunch of experts analyzing.

Analyses Paralyzes

Lets get 50 more countries in here to analyze it that will solve the problem.

In a strange way, I actually have a lot of admiration for the way the new PM has handled this crisis. She was prepared to show her humanity, and that requires a very strong human being.

Abi is basically joining a bandwagon ---- we all know the water level to the north is dropping.

Brilliant politics by Abhisit and creates a political conundrum for Yingluck.

Offer shows he willing to help the nation.

IF Yingluck accepts Abhisit will get kudos for not being partisan. Yingluck will still get all the blame for the flood dis-organisation.

If she rejects the offer, she will be seen as partisan and still get all the blame for the flood dis-organisation.

1319796066[/url]' post='4802727']

Stand up comedian. I wondered when the wonderful elites were going to come riding in on their white horses.

They are already there, lined up behind her behind. Just a differnt faction from Abhisits. And those white horses are brown with crap, and wearing snorkles. If you think this group in charge is not a Thailand "elite" you are only fooling yourself.

How spot on, funny how some seem to think that The PTP is not an "Elite".

Brilliant politics by Abhisit and creates a political conundrum for Yingluck.

Offer shows he willing to help the nation.

IF Yingluck accepts Abhisit will get kudos for not being partisan. Yingluck will still get all the blame for the flood dis-organisation.

If she rejects the offer, she will be seen as partisan and still get all the blame for the flood dis-organisation.

Exactly my thoughts. Win/win situation for Abhisit, lose/lose for Yingluck.

"Abhisit stands ready to tackle the situation and help the people," he said.

" But could he keep his options open as he's going bungee jumping in New Zealand next Friday for a week followed by a 3-day 2-night Bangkok Post deal to Disneyland Hong Kong with Suthep Thaugsuban." he added. :D