Enough Is Enough

The Gentleman Scamp

There should be a series of buttons under the post, such as "Edit", "Quote" & "Reply"

although the "Edit" function is removed after a few minutes to prevent people from editing their posts several days later.

What do you think is the percieved ratio of people editing their posts a few days later to that of people making everyday spelling mistakes or altering their wording so that their post can be better understood?

With respect, it is the most ANNOYING non-feature on TV and causes a lot of fustration for the sake of preventing - I'm not entirely sure what.

I am not alone here and I speak for many of us.

Would you rather get loads of PM's from loads of members with a list of where and when to add a space or delete a rogue letter or add a paragraph that had been forgotten but could not be deleted by the member his/herself because whilst they were out having lunch, the goblins took away all the rights of the meterial THEY had contributed.

If you can't take this as a serious issue just because of who I am online then I'm sure somebody else can post the same request as it is a very valid one indeed.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

There should be a series of buttons under the post, such as "Edit", "Quote" & "Reply"

although the "Edit" function is removed after a few minutes to prevent people from editing their posts several days later.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That outburst was to no one in particular but come on, what is the percieved ratio of people editing their posts a few days later to that of people making everyday spelling mistakes or altering their wording so that their post can be better understood?

It is the most ANNOYING non-feature on TV and is almost as pointless as a post 1am beer ban.

I am not alone here and I speak for many of us.

Please please please please stop with this nonsense!

Would you rather get loads of PM's from loads of members with a list of where and when to add a space or delete a rogue letter or add a paragraph that had been forgotten but could not be deleted by the member his/herself because whilst they were out having lunch, the goblins took away all the rights of the meterial THEY had contributed.

If you can't take this as a serious issue just because of who I am online then I'm sure somebody else can post the same request.

I will have calmed down in half an hour and will want to remove half of thisangst ridden post to replace it with a more obsequious and polite one but I won't be able to.

Or will I?

Too late....

If you can't take this as a serious issue just because of who I am online then I'm sure somebody else can post the same request as it is a very valid one indeed.

Quit your whining :o

As one who makes more than his share of typing errors I do not find it to be a problem. In most cases the first read shows the error and you have time to correct it. If you start correcting (and changing meanings) after more than one or two people have viewed it makes no sense and could be used to make those that have replied to the original post look foolish. You can always add a new post to correct an earlier error. I have seen many occasions in the past there the "make a fool out of you" option had been used and only the fact someone had quoted the original post gives the readers a clue.

As one who makes more than his share of typing errors I do not find it to be a problem.  In most cases the first read shows the error and you have time to correct it.  If you start correcting (and changing meanings) after more than one or two people have viewed it makes no sense and could be used to make those that have replied to the original post look foolish.  You can always add a new post to correct an earlier error.  I have seen many occasions in the past there the "make a fool out of you" option had been used and only the fact someone had quoted the original post gives the readers a clue.

I was trying to find a way to say that but you did a good job. :o

I hate mistakes myself, but could hit the preview button prior to posting and actually read. Other than that giving the ability to edit - well is quite dangerous for a forum - you could constantly change what you said and literally there would be no proof you said it.

Be more careful or the alternative is to live with your mistakes.

I don't find it annoying, even though I'd prefer my spelling and grammar to be as perfect as possible. There were times when some pisstaker got a whole conversation nasty, and went back days later to change his original post that cuased trouble in the first place altogether. And the whole thing didn't make sense anymore.

You can always check your post right after posting it for any errors. If any, fix it. If found out later (like I just did in Bambi's Loy Krathong thread) and it's too late, then <deleted> it. Just a bloody typo. There are far more important things to worry about. :o

You post and make comments like the above Wolfie.

When I'm making an effort, I at least try, to contribute something.

No matter how high a score you have on Grand Theft Auto 3 it's still a frownable comparison that doesn't even weakly justify your jibes.

Ok heres a contribution, try reading what you type after posting it.. or better yet, why dont you try reading what you post before you post it?

We have a Preview button, its the one next to the Add/post button, its got the words "Preview Post" written on it, kinda easy to spot when you know where to look.

Of course, if you blogged most of your topics, you'd have the ability to edit it any time you felt like it.

Aint technology grand, eh?

Edited by Wolfie

Of course, if you blogged most of your topics, you'd have the ability to edit it any time you felt like it.

That would have made quite a valid original reply mate, not that I agree with it 100% because most ofmy recent stuff IS Thai related after all, but in the past some stuff would have been better in a blog.

Take my latest post in General Topics for example, it is a valid subject (which is being avoided thus far) but I have written it from a personal POV which is just the way I write... Took me a good ten minutes that did and I'm in an internet cafe so I PAY to use ThaiVisa, how sad is that?

And if it is considered sad then what sort of compliment is that to your forum?

I am aware of print preview but it's easy to overlook things, especially when one is on paid time.

Perhaps you could keep the edit feature just for me and just ban me if I abuse it, which I can assure you I won't.

So, this's another attempt at trolling?

?????????? :D:D

Explain that one pls LC.

Well, if anything I remember from speaking to you on the phone the other day... it's.. "exaggerating".... "to get reaction"... etc. :o

I don't want the mods/admins to shut this one down yet so I rest my case here. If any other questions, you know my mobile number. :D

Would you rather get loads of PM's from loads of members with a list of where and when to add a space or delete a rogue letter or add a paragraph that had been forgotten

I cannot remember the last time I got a PM asking me to modify a post.

Anyway, our policy is to ignore such requests as what you post is what you post.

Easy fix? just make sure you type what you want to post in the first place.

Well, the boy-Scamp got reaction, including 2 responses from the big boss.  :D

That should keep him "fed" for a while, until he'll come back for more... :D  :o

"Fed" ???

LC was refering to the 'Last Straw' post which was designed to get a reaction.

I'm pretty direct I know, some would say attention seeking but if you have an iota of amateur psycology you will know that I just like to spark a good converstaion/debate and that I am very opiniated in my views.