Mighty Aussies

Pink Mist

Well done the Aussies. I'm sorry I missed the match, but I saw the highlights. I loved the Aussie goal - brilliant air shot by the first player to fool the goalie and let the second guy whack it in! :o

:D:D:D

From The BBC:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/i...als/4435400.stm

It was an inspired change and paid off almost instantly as the Liverpool man was involved in the opening goal.

Middlesbrough striker Viduka collected a pass from Tim Cahill and instinctively flicked the ball towards Kewell who in turn inadvertently set up Bresciano with a mis-kick. :D

Well on the Prem-ship Players as well :D

I have this gut feeling right now that England and Aus are going to be drawn in the same group

I would love it if that happens :D

Let's hope they meet in the final.

Nah, that'll never happen because... <please enter your reason here> :o

My dream .. Australia vs England first knockout round after the group stage.

Australia 2 - 0

Sweet Ashes revenge.

And wasn't it fantastic that not a single bar in Bangkok had the game on TV . Big cheer out to the aussie contigent last night at Lookey Lookey bar listening to the internet radio cast and going insane!

Sure....but what about Turkey (vs Swiss). Several Swiss players injured. One hospitalized I understand.

Great for Ozzies BTW !!! I'm a lifelong fan of PSV. Take a look at Guus Hiddink.....semi finalist with Netherlands in 98, same with South Korea in 2002. EC1 cup with PSV in 1988, 5 Dutch league titles (record) and semi CL finalist with PSV last year.

I think/hope Ozzies will get further then NL. Marco van Basten was a phenomenal player, but a really bad coach....looking too much to the Ajax youngsters with no talent. First round out is my prediction, unless he takes along van Bommel, Ooijer & Davids.

SAmericans are nutters - might be some Uraguayians footballers in danger of  a beating or death.