Lampang Ceramics Fair

JAS21

Your right winniethekwai. Stock up. we are down to our last five jans now! Deg boi boi! local thai ceramic fairs are great places to buy quality ceramics at very competitive prices. For us in the know it's not about getting lower prices but about getting more bang for your baht.

I've picked up nice stuff, second i think, for very good prices at the Bo Sang Umbrella Festival.

Junglechef is absolutely correct. There is a ceramic factory at the corner of Sankapang Road and the stop light going into Bo Sang that has a once a year sale that coincides with the Umbrella Festival. I think the name of the factory is Prichemparas (spelling). Their sale is for 5 days, and different stuff comes outiside in their parking area every day. Many wholesales and retailers come the first day or two of the event to stock up on plates, vases, cups, sculptures, to resell. There are many over-produced items, and seconds which are designs of many international chain stores of 70 to 80 per cent off their normal prices.

I've picked up nice stuff, second i think, for very good prices at the Bo Sang Umbrella Festival.

Junglechef is absolutely correct. There is a ceramic factory at the corner of Sankapang Road and the stop light going into Bo Sang that has a once a year sale that coincides with the Umbrella Festival. I think the name of the factory is Prichemparas (spelling). Their sale is for 5 days, and different stuff comes outiside in their parking area every day. Many wholesales and retailers come the first day or two of the event to stock up on plates, vases, cups, sculptures, to resell. There are many over-produced items, and seconds which are designs of many international chain stores of 70 to 80 per cent off their normal prices.

Their sale is normally mid-January. Earlier this year, we didn't find anything that we wanted, but the prior two years we found some great buys.

There is a ceramic factory at the corner of Sankapang Road and the stop light going into Bo Sang that has a once a year sale

wowee! when would this sale be, pray tell?

i need a whole crockery set + would appreciate the savings.

There is a ceramic factory at the corner of Sankapang Road and the stop light going into Bo Sang that has a once a year sale

wowee! when would this sale be, pray tell?

i need a whole crockery set + would appreciate the savings.

In that case you are in for a treat.

Just imagine the savings, despite the cost of CM-Lampang and return, when you can get whole sets at 2 to 3 baht per item!! Well, that's what we found 4 years ago.

On the way, north of Lampang on the left, we stopped at the 'Forest Market'. This is a big, modern, fascinating place which looks a lot like a European motorway service area - but without the petrol. Good choice of great Thai food at low prices and THE place to buy excellent 'wild pork' in bulk. The only downside is the occasional small mammal trapped from the wild, offered live-and-cowering in its cage.

Petrol! Fill up before you go, or in Lampang itself. Last time I looked (a year ago) there was still NO petrol between Lamphun and Lampang. As you come north up one of the steepest hills towards Lamphun there is another smaller UK style service area on your left. Again - NO petrol! I struggled into Lamphun at 40kph, running on the fumes in the tank.

I believe it is the first weekend of December.:)

There are numerous scattered roadside stalls (I guess about 10 stalls, some small, some quite big) open right now, starting from about 20 kilometres before lampang city (going from CM).

Some just have piles of basic dinner plates etc, other have a huge variety of ceramic stuff from plates & bowls to major ceramic pots for shrubbery etc.

But haven't noticed any stalls on the opposite side of the road coming back.

A few days ago we bought some very nice noodle bowls (no painted patterns or flowers etc, but quite different and very nice patterns in the ceramic finish on the outside of the bowls), all 39Baht each, and I guess quite a lot cheaper than in CM stores.

Edited by scorecard