Evacuation Order For Chatuchak, Lat Yao, Sena Nikom, Chandrakasem

webfact

Including the weekend market or not?

I am suppose to pick up some items this weekend there.

I would guess so because the market is in a low lying area and as far as I remember there is a klong near the main road that is higher than the market! if that overflows then the market will be submerged

A real piece of Victorian engineering. How can you have a klong higher than the market?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know whats happening at the Klong Prem prison complex?

-Para

Prisoners already moved last week was what i heard.

I was visiting someone last week and they told they had started moving some out but that a lot would have to stay because of overcrowding at other prisons. I will have a chat wih the Embassy see what they say.

Thank you.

Weekend Chatuchak Shopping list:

1) Green Mamba Anti-venom

2) Crocodile Net, Heavy Duty

3) Chest-high Wading Boots

4) Portable Toilet

5) Water Purification Equipment

6) 10 Cu Mtr/sec Water Pump (diesel)

7) Flotation Device for Automobile

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

11) Boat Big Enough for All of the Above (except the Jet Ski)

Re item 6). Perhaps you could check whether the pumps thaksin ordered from Korea have arrived, maybe there now on sale at Jatujuk?

Anyone ever told you that you're a really funny guy? No? I wonder why.

Easy son. Anyone ever tell YOU that you were intelligent? Rest my case

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

That's what they've been showing on all channels for about 2 weeks now -- reporters bravely standing up to their ankles in water or zooming around in Zodiacs, swamping people.

Makes a change from the 'boing' shows and the daytime soaps, I guess.

But on a more serious note, the Thai print media has begun attacking the TV coverage for its shallow (ha!) sensationalism and frequent inaccuracies which are making the situation worse.

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

That's what they've been showing on all channels for about 2 weeks now -- reporters bravely standing up to their ankles in water or zooming around in Zodiacs, swamping people.

But on a more serious note, the Thai print media has begun attacking the TV coverage for its shallow (ha!) sensationalism and frequent inaccuracies which are making the situation worse.

4) Portable Toilet

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

Re item 6). Perhaps you could check whether the pumps thaksin ordered from Korea have arrived, maybe there now on sale at Jatujuk?

Anyone ever told you that you're a really funny guy? No? I wonder why.

Easy son. Anyone ever tell YOU that you were intelligent? Rest my case

Get your tenses right first before trying to criticise someone else :) Guess that a MAN's more intelligent than a BLOKE. Rest my case.

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

Here are a few scenes from yesterday evening:

With all of this flooding in BK and so on I have not seen or read anything about the underground rail system.is it still running or is it flooded?Like to hear from someone in Bk at the moment.

It's still running, and the more vulnerable stations have got substantial aluminium flood walls installed at the entrances.

4) Portable Toilet

8) Jet Ski

9) Wind-up Emergency TV

10) Scuba Outfit

Lol Hilarious!

With all of this flooding in BK and so on I have not seen or read anything about the underground rail system.is it still running or is it flooded?Like to hear from someone in Bk at the moment.

It's still running, and the more vulnerable stations have got substantial aluminium flood walls installed at the entrances.

He's right I was on it yesterday (Thurs. 3rd) on my way to the old Suan Plum Immigration center. It's working perfectly, fast and efficient, even better than the BTS. I wondered when they built it how they would keep it from flooding in a tropical rainforest without properly qualified engineers for the most part here in Thailand...I guess they figured it out.

Funny Max, funny. A little humour is definitely called for.

BTW, are green mambas water snakes? And I think crocodile nets only come in the "heavy duty" variety.

"Chest-High wading boots" reminds me of a bloke whose cellar was flooded and the water was higher than his gum boots. "I had to send the missus down", he said. "Why?". "Well she's shorter than me so the boots come up higher on her".

Even though it's described as a tree snake, I suspect it can, especially when I ran across this Find The Green Mamba (in the river) photo (a fair way into the blog). I fear Bangkokians will be doing field confirmation. Good story. :D Going Croc hunting?

Once this mess is finally over, perhaps those who took money to vote in the current government, will consider moves to oust them, and finally elect a government made up of people who really care for the Thai population.

And whom would that be? A Thai Democrat who studied for his degree at Oxford or Cambridge? Personally I don't much see the point in that, and if you did then I have to wonder why you aren't back in sunny old England?

At this point Bangkokians have 2 choices-- evacuate now, or evacuate later.

I call BS on this, no one with knowledge of this situation has said anything like this worthy of considering (a couple who know better have said just about everything/anything.) Who are you that I should consider your opinion, a newbie with three posts and five random keyboard strokes for a name?

I call BS on this, no one with knowledge of this situation has said anything like this worthy of considering (a couple who know better have said just about everything/anything.) Who are you that I should consider your opinion, a newbie with three posts and five random keyboard strokes for a name?

I've seen Super Advanced "whatever" members saying the most idiotic statements. I think judging a person's opinion on their Thaivisa level is a bit shortsighted. Some people have better things to do than post.

And please consider your own name...

Edited by SABloke

Once this mess is finally over, perhaps those who took money to vote in the current government, will consider moves to oust them, and finally elect a government made up of people who really care for the Thai population.

And whom would that be? A Thai Democrat who studied for his degree at Oxford or Cambridge? Personally I don't much see the point in that, and if you did then I have to wonder why you aren't back in sunny old England?

Who indeed might they be?. Most Thais are only in anything for themselves. On the roads it's "Me First" - elsewhere it's "what you give me". There are some decent people around, but they have more sense than to be in the Government.

Government departments are good at talking - they have committees after every problem, but there is never a solution. I expect nothing much will happen after the floods have gone, and as for listening to the views of japan or anyone else, what hope. "We Know everything!"

So after all this would be finished what will happen? I know: prices go up, minimum salary will still not come after promise after promise, they will blame the new PM for the flood, poor get more poor but i hope something original will happen.

I've seen Super Advanced "whatever" members saying the most idiotic statements. I think judging a person's opinion on their Thaivisa level is a bit shortsighted. Some people have better things to do than post.

And please consider your own name...

getting advanced member happens automaticly and yes this don't mean anything B) I wanto stay newbi

i am not happy about this flood and how is being handling,what you dont know why not ask people that know it to help you?

i am not happy cause your post above is hard to decipher, why not edit it and put it in readable format!!!!!!

I am personally glad you got what we have had since the beginning of July....we are now just starting to clean up...and it is going to take weeks if not months to clean up this mess ...you are only just getting the water...and in 2 months time you also several months to clean it up..enjoy

NAKHON SAWAN....we will over come