The Girl With The Tattoo Behind Her Ear

grumpyoldman

Way off topic ludditeman, and sort of a mean spirited post. If you don't have any idea if the tattoo behind the ear means anything, move on.

You don't think the two are linked, I do.

I am as entitled to my point of view (rightly or wrongly) as you are.

I am also under the impression that Thai ladies with tattoos cannot be government employees, and would be instantly dismissed if a hidden tattoo was inadvertently revealed.

Edited by ludditeman

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "bar girl branding"; the standard across the lower back tattoo that lots of bar girls seem to have. It's nice of so many girls to have made the effort to give you something to look at when having fun, but it really is a form of "branding". They might be better off just getting an "I'm a hooker flag" that they can carry around, but still be able to get away from in the future! laugh.gif

Do you believe any girl with a tattoo at the lower part of their back (nicknamed a tramp stamp by the way!) is a 'hooker' (genuine question and not asked in an aggressive manner)?

I don't agree in stereotyping every girl as a "hooker' who has a tattoo on her back or anywhere else on her body for that matter, but there is a big difference to what someone will think when they come across say, a tattoo of a heart, rabbit or lucky star, opposed to a tattoo of something "venomous" such as a scorpion, snake, or spider, and then especially behind the ear. Isn't that not supposedly some type or erroneous "zone" ? I think the placement of the tattoo has a lot to do with the message she's trying to convey. Maybe she is trying to say " love me for who I am" indirectly. Without total concealment of the tattoo, but just enough to having it tucked away a bit, letting you know what's up before it's too late once you get close enough to notice it..

Now who are the lucky guys out there that cuddle these girls at night, kissing their scorpions or spiders ever so gently, while whispering the words "I will always love you tîi rák"? Maybe they can elaborate first hand and tell us what it's all about. ;)

Way off topic ludditeman, and sort of a mean spirited post. If you don't have any idea if the tattoo behind the ear means anything, move on.

I am also under the impression that Thai ladies with tattoos cannot be government employees, and would be instantly dismissed if a hidden tattoo was inadvertently revealed.

Previous poster made a point regarding people being stereotyped, blacks, Muslims, people with tattoos et al.

Then ludditeman, you pipe in with "Yes, girls always tell the truth, especially the ones that sold themselves to get through college"

What two things linked? You just confirmed the previous poster's post and you are doing the stereotyping. Really my main problem is the overall slam on women with that post. Not right at all.

Now can I ask, do you know anything about an insect tattoo behind the ear (?)if not, please quit with the anti-women crap and involve yourself in a different thread. Thx, GOM

worst tattoo i ever saw was on the breast of an older lady of the night in the Philippines, it read "property of the US Navy".

another story, I used to know this bargirl from Patong and I met her the second time I came to Phuket. She was unbelievably pretty, she told me she was dating an italian guy called Matteo, she showed me a photo of him, he was a very muscular man and heavily tattoed.

A couple of years later after I was living in Phuket, I was on a lads night out and I bumped into her in a bar. She had a large funnel webbed spider on her leg covering a motorbike exhaust burn, scorpion on her back, plus numerous others on her wrists and hands, but sprawled across her chest was "Matteo" in large letters. She explained to me that he liked tattoos and thats why she got them, but she had since broken up with him......I think from memory the relationship lasted about 6 months

Point being, maybe someone coerced the girl with the tattoo behind the ear into doing it.....maybe she was very young when she had it done and didnt know what it could represent. Maybe its a combination of a lot of things, but I dont think any of those things could be good

Thai government emplyees can have tattoes, but female are not allowed to reveal them at work, just as they are not allowed to wear shorts, short skirts or visible shoulders. Its called dress code

and your post is way off ;)

talking about fashion, my ex Th wife got her first tattoo when I was back home for 2 weeks, must have been back in 2003, she had seen some superstar having the same thing. She missed me so much :P she tattoed my name across her lower back. Only one shes got. So anyone meets a girl in her early 30s with "katabeachbum" tattoo, its her :lol: :lol:

I dont like tattoes, but I wouldnt put to much into tattoes. It has become very fashion, my 3 kids in Scandinavia all have tattoes, all 3 university educated

But getting a tattoo on your head is taking it to the next level. Im pretty sure that could apply to most cultures (except pacific islanders). Im sure you wouldnt like any of your family getting tattoos above the jawline

well as said I dont like tattoes at all, but my ex wife, my present Gf and my kids are of course entitled to have them, as they obviously like them :)

What two things linked? You just confirmed the previous poster's post and you are doing the stereotyping. Really my main problem is the overall slam on women with that post. Not right at all.

Now can I ask, do you know anything about an insect tattoo behind the ear (?)if not, please quit with the anti-women crap and involve yourself in a different thread. Thx, GOM

If anything my post is anti-tattoo, how you can deduce my post is anti-woman (because it isn't) appears to me to just be a mental aberration on your part. An snamos says, facial/head tattoos on anyone are way out there in strange land.

@ grumpy, as far as I know you are not a MOD, just a wannabe. If my post is out of order, please use the report button like any other forum member and stop flaming and inciting.

Edited by ludditeman

Interested to hear the reply too. I know quite a few Thai females with a tattoo on their lower back and none of them have ever been a bar girl so it's a shame that they'll be thought of as such by a lot of narrow-minded farangs! I saw a similar thread to this a couple of years ago so asked them about it and they said it was a popular place to have one as a lot of Thai superstars were having them. They were studying at university at the time and said a lot of girls were having them done and that they, nor Thai friends/family, never associated a tattoo on their lower back with being a bar-girl, obviously they can tell the difference while a farang can't. But people have always stereotyped and always will, whether it's about someone with a shaved head, a tattoo, a black person, a gay person, a muslim....

Yes, girls always tell the truth, especially the ones that sold themselves to get through college.

If anything my post is anti-tattoo, how you can deduce my post is anti-woman (because it isn't) appears to me to just be a mental aberration on your part. An snamos says, facial/head tattoos on anyone are way out there in strange land.

Anti tattoo...Really?

I met a Japanese girl with her name and passport number tattooed on her wrist.

She said her parents demanded it if she travelled so if she died, she could be identified.

Weird.

Friend of mine tattooed his social security number (as an bar code) to his ankle after experiencing the tsunami in Phuket.

I got a microchip implanted with GPRS function!

Friend of mine tattooed his social security number (as an bar code) to his ankle after experiencing the tsunami in Phuket.

I got a microchip implanted with GPRS function!

So that you could update your status to TV?

It's nice of so many girls to have made the effort to give you something to look at when having fun

Whoops! If you can see the tatoo on their back when having 'fun', it sounds like they might be ladyboys :lol:

Simon

Obviously you were only told about the missionary position.

May I recommend some light reading for you?

The Joys of Sex, or, the Karma Sutra (with pictures). Warning: it may shock you.

Interested to hear the reply too. I know quite a few Thai females with a tattoo on their lower back and none of them have ever been a bar girl so it's a shame that they'll be thought of as such by a lot of narrow-minded farangs! I saw a similar thread to this a couple of years ago so asked them about it and they said it was a popular place to have one as a lot of Thai superstars were having them. They were studying at university at the time and said a lot of girls were having them done and that they, nor Thai friends/family, never associated a tattoo on their lower back with being a bar-girl, obviously they can tell the difference while a farang can't. But people have always stereotyped and always will, whether it's about someone with a shaved head, a tattoo, a black person, a gay person, a muslim....

Yes, girls always tell the truth, especially the ones that sold themselves to get through college.

It's not often I'm surprised while reading the posts on TV as I know there are some total oddbods that have relocated to Thailand but are you seriously suggesting that every female Uni student with a tattoo has sold themself? If so that is a perfect example of the stereotypical attitude I mentioned earlier, there are far too many who think that EVERY Thai female is a hooker regardless of whether they have any body art! Or is it not just Thailand? Perhaps every English, French, American, Swedish, Brazilian girl with a tattoo is a whore as well? Getting a tattoo/body art is a personal choice done for a whole host of reasons from liking the design to just following fashion.

Sure, some girls might get one because they think it is sexy but that doesn't automatically mean they are a bar-girl and shouldn't be labelled as one by narrow-minded folk like yourself who think that they are. If you are a frequent visitor to bars with bar-girls who all have tattoos and that's the only interaction you have with Thai females then I can almost understand your opinion. But if it is you should try and understand that there is a lot more to Thailand and Thai women than what you experience in the Phuket & Pattaya bars!

I wish the next ice-age would happen soon so all the dinosaurs die out ;)

Edited by skybluestu

It's not often I'm surprised while reading the posts on TV as I know there are some total oddbods that have relocated to Thailand but are you seriously suggesting that every female Uni student with a tattoo has sold themself? If so that is a perfect example of the stereotypical attitude I mentioned earlier, there are far too many who think that EVERY Thai female is a hooker regardless of whether they have any body art! Or is it not just Thailand? Perhaps every English, French, American, Swedish, Brazilian girl with a tattoo is a whore as well? Getting a tattoo/body art is a personal choice done for a whole host of reasons from liking the design to just following fashion.

Sure, some girls might get one because they think it is sexy but that doesn't automatically mean they are a bar-girl and shouldn't be labelled as one by narrow-minded folk like yourself who think that they are. If you are a frequent visitor to bars with bar-girls who all have tattoos and that's the only interaction you have with Thai females then I can almost understand your opinion. But if it is you should try and understand that there is a lot more to Thailand and Thai women than what you experience in the Phuket & Pattaya bars!

I wish the next ice-age would happen soon so all the dinosaurs die out ;)

I agree, so many so-called "experts" on Thailand that never get their butts off the bar stools on Bangla but want to educate everyone about Thailand. There is a reason why I don't frequent tourist or ex-pat hang outs...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the "bar girl branding"; the standard across the lower back tattoo that lots of bar girls seem to have. It's nice of so many girls to have made the effort to give you something to look at when having fun, but it really is a form of "branding". They might be better off just getting an "I'm a hooker flag" that they can carry around, but still be able to get away from in the future! laugh.gif

Do you believe any girl with a tattoo at the lower part of their back (nicknamed a tramp stamp by the way!) is a 'hooker' (genuine question and not asked in an aggressive manner)?

The only reason I was asking the question was to see if Paulme was under the impression my wife was a 'hooker' because she also has a tattoo at the lower of her back...And she's from England!