Summary Of PM Yingluck's Radio Broadcast

webfact

Shame that our fragrant new PM, who is supposedly all-in-favour of reconciliation for the country, seems unable to make a few phone-calls and get more of the country's leaders helping her, in the face of a natural disaster like this. :( Such inspiring leadership ! <_<

But perhaps she's still relying on her brother Thaksin to start Thinking, then phone-in to tell her how PTP Acts, in a situation like this ?

Never mind, only a couple more months, then "all Thais will be rich", as he has previously promised. :rolleyes:

It is really unfair to remind people about 'campaign promises only'. Although I must admit this one really comes to mind at the moment "Say Goodbye to Flooding and Drought!" :whistling: :

post-58-0-87367600-1320573365_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

she is doing her best but the best is simply not enough!!!!!!

If you're sitting on a 747 that's plunging towards the ground, with the crew all incapicitated, who would you want taking the controls and "doing their best"? The sister of the airline owner, who has never even travelled on a plane before, and is in constant contact with sychophants on the ground too busy telling her what a good job she's doing to give her any useful instructions, or an experienced pilot from another airline? The controls should have been handed to someone who had a clue right from the start.

:thumbsup: I reward you:"Comment of the year". The mother of all comments!!!

Thank you.

If you're sitting on a 747 that's plunging towards the ground, with the crew all incapicitated, who would you want taking the controls and "doing their best"? The sister of the airline owner, who has never even travelled on a plane before, and is in constant contact with sychophants on the ground too busy telling her what a good job she's doing to give her any useful instructions, or an experienced pilot from another airline? The controls should have been handed to someone who had a clue right from the start.

She may have been flying only in the simulator so far...but if she is the only pilot on board - i'd rather have her do the best, than the pilot on holiday or the busdriver in Bangkok do their worst.

Come on folks...give her some credit: how many of you would have taken the easy way out by now? Resign and pass the responsibility to someone, who is most likely not even doing it better?!

I don't think she a good choice as PM, she no good choice as a politician...but I start to admire her for the will to pull this stunt off.

I don't think she a good choice as PM, she no good choice as a politician...but I start to admire her for the will to pull this stunt off.

Wow, what a high bar you've set! So not running away in terror from an elected position counts as a good performance. Reminds me of theater review -- the actor remembered most of his lines.

Wow, what a high bar you've set! So not running away in terror from an elected position counts as a good performance. Reminds me of theater review -- the actor remembered most of his lines.

Not running away from an elected position. But as many here have pointed out: the ones that should assist her (ministers, MP etc.) ...just don't. Either they are nowhere to be seen or the have their on soup on the stove and are (mildly put) counter- productive.

With all that and the constant bickering about her being a puppet or a clone and good for nothing and downright stupid...I think she could just say "Ok guys...I am outta here!". Instead (my personal opinion) she is showing a lot of backbone and really makes the impression that she is hard- working to solve as many problems as are thrown at her. And let's be honest: what is going on here (on all levels) makes a stampeding buffalo herd look like a well organited stroll in the park.

Not running away from an elected position. But as many here have pointed out: the ones that should assist her (ministers, MP etc.) ...just don't. Either they are nowhere to be seen or the have their on soup on the stove and are (mildly put) counter- productive.

With all that and the constant bickering about her being a puppet or a clone and good for nothing and downright stupid...I think she could just say "Ok guys...I am outta here!". Instead (my personal opinion) she is showing a lot of backbone and really makes the impression that she is hard- working to solve as many problems as are thrown at her. And let's be honest: what is going on here (on all levels) makes a stampeding buffalo herd look like a well organited stroll in the park.

Very difficult to step aside at this very moment, I'd say.

This being the off-spring of Thai(-Chinese) with ingrained filial duty, with big brother pushed me into this, too early to make major changes in government, would look bad on 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts', etc., etc. Somehow it seems saying "OK guys, I'm outa here" would require the backbone <_<

She may have been flying only in the simulator so far...but if she is the only pilot on board - i'd rather have her do the best, than the pilot on holiday or the busdriver in Bangkok do their worst.

Come on folks...give her some credit: how many of you would have taken the easy way out by now? Resign and pass the responsibility to someone, who is most likely not even doing it better?!

That's a very cavalier attitude to take seeing as how over 500 people have died already with many more likely to die. There is not a doubt in my mind that many died needlessly because so many are willing to accept incompetents doing their best.

She didn't cry because there were no cameras

she already covered that earlier in the day...

302515_244442535611183_173064882748949_717185_1360218620_n.jpgview_resizing_imagesphp-2.jpg

http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_news.php?newsid=TUROd01ERXdNakEyTVRFMU5BPT0=&sectionid=TURNd01RPT0=&day=TWpBeE1TMHhNUzB3Tmc9PQ==

As well covering that yesterday...

NAKHON SAWAN, Nov 5 -- A teary-eyed Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday told flood victims in Nakhon Sawan that she would not be disheartened in fighting against the flood

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/289542.html

Since i'm not of english mother tongue i could not be an english teacher, but its funny how you are trying to put down english teachers. what did they do to you? Is it a disgrace to be an english teacher for you?

for the rest you still have to learn to read and compute the data correctly a obviously you still fail to understand what i wrote so I won't bother wasting my precious time trying to open your eyes instead of evacuating.

please rewrite your essay to try to get a better grade: C-

So you were putting down Texans, republicans and various others despite not being American? Racist much?

See, two can play at this pointless game of point scoring that you started by ignoring the majority of my post and instead trying to nitpick over a side issue - the sort of thing "English Teachers" and other nerdy types do ....

I note you ignored the substantive of this post too and in fact tried, again, to be a smartarse ... and again failed ...

For the record, their are a vast number of English teachers in Bangkok and places like Pattaya that are an embarassment to the noble profession of teaching and to "the West" more generally. Sad bastards doing anything they can to stay here including teaching a subject they are yet to master (despite it being there mother tongue) and have no business in teaching. They often have no interest in teaching it either and hence the horror stories of them simply playing DVD's all lesson as a substitute for the lesson. Anyone with a basic passing interest in Thailand would typically be aware of that. Are you new? Or disinterested? Or is your poor grasp of English holding you back?

Just wondering how many unrelated Thai's you are taking care of in your home at present? Or paying to stay in services apartments, condos or hotels? Many? Or does your liberal heart only stretch as far as nit-picking people who have a different political leaning while, as usual, those folk get on with making the world actually better ....

Is tosser a word you are familiar with? You should be ...

This being the off-spring of Thai(-Chinese) with ingrained filial duty, with big brother pushed me into this, too early to make major changes in government, would look bad on 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts', etc., etc. Somehow it seems saying "OK guys, I'm outa here" would require the backbone <_<

Bit like accepting a "Dutch Uncle" with his idiosyncracies........

Maybe it's called loyalty and responsibility in another country ?

Are there other countries with a similar case of puppet PM?

Just to enlighten others:

Dutch uncle is a term for a person who issues frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone. Thus, a "Dutch uncle" is a person who is rather the reverse of what is normally thought of as avuncular or uncle-like (which would be indulgent and permissive).

An idiosyncrasy is an unusual feature of a person (though there are also other uses, see below). The term is often used to express eccentricity or peculiarity.[1] [2] A synonym may be quirk

(quote from en.wikipedia.com )

Greetings from your local idiosyncratic Dutch uncle :)

Edited by rubl

Dutch uncle is a term for a person who issues frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone. Thus, a "Dutch uncle" is a person who is rather the reverse of what is normally thought of as avuncular or uncle-like (which would be indulgent and permissive).

An idiosyncrasy is an unusual feature of a person (though there are also other uses, see below). The term is often used to express eccentricity or peculiarity.[1] [2] A synonym may be quirk

Why? where is he? :whistling:

In good English it can also be interpreted as an insult.

Bit like one calling oneself " good old potty "

Why would one do that ??

But up to you, no argument.

......snipped rest of quote

I think you'll find that a lot of a countries have puppet PM's and presidents, but that's a long debate for another day...

In good English it can also be interpreted as an insult.

Bit like one calling oneself " good old potty "

Why would one do that ??

But up to you, no argument.

You mean to say that your 'accepting a "Dutch Uncle" with his idiosyncracies' was meant as a deliberate insult? I would never have thought you would stoop so low, others maybe, but you? I'm somewhat heartbroken at the moment :(

BTW maybe you should read forum rules #1 and #4 again

Edited by rubl

She didn't cry because there were no cameras

That must be because she has no emotions and doesn't really care about the people whatsoever, eh.

Or it's possible her tear ducts have temporarily dried up after crying earlier in the day and the day before.