Food Shortages In Pattaya?

claffey

Arriving in Thai on Nov 23 and thinking bout going straight to Pattaya from Airport due to floods. Just wondering if the supermarkets are well stocked? Rumours of panic buying are making me worried as we're bringing our two year old with us and we need to be able to buy rice,fish etc in the supermarkets or markets. Thanks...

Selection varies from store to store. Most basics like rice, water, dome dairy is rationed...and often not available. Some have difficulty finding baby formula. So far, not much problem with fresh meats, fish, and ftuits/vegg. It's packaged and processed/canned goods that can be hard to find.

its not a rumour

some members on here have admitted to becoming hoarders when the rumour of shortages first started

some even used the hoard they amassed to become gougers

this in turn helped fuel the problem locally

however it turned out to be far less serious than the hoarders had anticipated and now things are pretty much normal

so som non na to them

most things are out there if you look for them

you might just have to shop around a bit to get everything you want but that's commonplace for me anyway

i can't find a single shop in Pattaya that has everything i want in one place

having said that Friendship has proved to be the least troubled by shortages in my opinion

if i was looking for a one stop shop i would start there, followed by Foodland ...........