What Happened To 50 Baht Beer Happy Hour

stevehaigh

There is a semi new place in the Rawai area called "My Friend You" Bar. There is also a massage right next door with the same name. Last time I went the place was a really quiet. Playing some light jazz music. Lady that works there said all beers were 50 BAHT all day 10am till 3 pm. After 3 PM they went up to regular price. She said something about an "opening promotion", not too sure how long that it will last. Did not go there intentionally to drink, instead opted for a massage next door. The massage though was excellent. Came out one very :D customer.

It's not your typical bar, there were absolutely no other girls working, and also they do not have a TV so no sports! Not too sure where their game plan is headed. Private atmosphere, cheap beer, and massage. Worked for me. Coming up from Rawai beach head towards Nai Harn beach and it's located 1500 meter on the left side.

There is a semi new place in the Rawai area called "My Friend You" Bar. There is also a massage right next door with the same name. Last time I went the place was a really quiet. Playing some light jazz music. Lady that works there said all beers were 50 BAHT all day 10am till 3 pm. After 3 PM they went up to regular price. She said something about an "opening promotion", not too sure how long that it will last. Did not go there intentionally to drink, instead opted for a massage next door. The massage though was excellent. Came out one very :D customer.

It's not your typical bar, there were absolutely no other girls working, and also they do not have a TV so no sports! Not too sure where their game plan is headed. Private atmosphere, cheap beer, and massage. Worked for me. Coming up from Rawai beach head towards Nai Harn beach and it's located 1500 meter on the left side.

laugh.gif@ My friend you bar.

If there was ever a post that painted a picture of the typical Rawaiian lifestyle, this is it.

Came out one very :D customer.

No pun intended? saai.gif

Hi Steve,

Most of the bars now are paying around 900 for a case of chang and up to 1600 for heinaken

guess thats the reason

07.november 2011

649.-baht for a case of tiger at makro.

bought 6, just in case

well done to you sir :) , if you have a beer anywhere in rawai / nai harn tell the owners of the bars , more than a few have told me the prices they are having to pay , including nikitas , the old tree , roxannes , drift inn , freedom , asia , jasmines , shabang , ole ole to name a few , but they are buying from there regular suppliers so maybe have taken for granted something and haven't and gone to look for themselves ?.

Also Patong as the owners there are concerned that very soon they simply wont have stock to sell , at any price !

I started a post a while ago about the prices going up around 30baht a box and was told i was scare mongering :) trust me it is going to get worse than it is now short term , but then again you dont have to belive what i write .

Hi Steve,

Most of the bars now are paying around 900 for a case of chang and up to 1600 for heinaken

guess thats the reason

07.november 2011

649.-baht for a case of tiger at makro.

bought 6, just in case

You must have been one of the many that didn't see the sign limiting purchases to two crates per person/card.

When I got there they had mainly cans and one Thai guy was just loading every slab of Heineken onto his trolley. I thought they may say something at checkout but I was wrong as the guy next to me had about twenty slabs and nothing said.

I hadn't gone in for beer but was still annoyed at the greed and selfishness of some of the beer purchasers................... but would I expect anything else???????

Any stock left?

You must have been one of the many that didn't see the sign limiting purchases to two crates per person/card.

When I got there they had mainly cans and one Thai guy was just loading every slab of Heineken onto his trolley. I thought they may say something at checkout but I was wrong as the guy next to me had about twenty slabs and nothing said.

I hadn't gone in for beer but was still annoyed at the greed and selfishness of some of the beer purchasers................... but would I expect anything else???????

Any stock left?

i saw the sign after loading my trolly.

anyway i been runing around to get stock for my charter boat for over a week, as customer requested 12 slabs.

so for myself i do not feel any guilt.

"Regarding rising prices for the beverages that do make it to the shelves in Phuket stores, the spokesperson said that ThaiBev had not passed on any extra costs of delivery to their customers.

“We have a policy to expressly not raise prices during this period. We are selling all of our products at the same prices they were before the floods,” she said."

This is a quote from an article in the PG yesterday and if Makro can still sell beer at normal price it proves what she said is true and also proves another example of the greed in Phuket.

I think Asia Bar still 50bht till 7pm.....

Candy bar on Rawai beach 45bht Tiger drafts 2pm till 8pm as well as freedom bar i think as well....

all subject too change though... :blink:

i was drinking in Asia bar around 6:30pm when i was present with a check bin for 80 baht.

even if beer did go up by say 100 baht a box or so, that's 4 baht/bottle, not 30.

of course its up to the bars what to charge but i feel less inclined to have a quick one or two while the wife is doing the shopping in the market now

Simple maths...if the suppliers are charging 1000 baht a case then that costs the bar 42 Baht. Not really much point openeing the doors for a profit of 8 baht a bottle (without factoring in wages, electricity, rent and the rest)

Looks like the 50 baht beers are a thing of the past...the OP might have to increase his budget slightly

Simple maths...if the suppliers are charging 1000 baht a case then that costs the bar 42 Baht. Not really much point openeing the doors for a profit of 8 baht a bottle (without factoring in wages, electricity, rent and the rest)

Looks like the 50 baht beers are a thing of the past...the OP might have to increase his budget slightly

Thread should end with snamos's post above.

Cost of living rises every year, deal with it.

Cost of living does rise every year, a large Leo is only 47 bht at my local I am dealing with that right now lol

Shortages and profiteering has nothing to do with the usual cost of living rises.

Shortages and profiteering has nothing to do with the usual cost of living rises.

I keep hearing about hoarding and profiteering but I'm yet to see it myself, beer is the usual price at the places I frequent.

The days of 50 baht beers are dying, deal with it or buy a box and drink at home.

Can't believe people moaning about beer prices here, even at a 100 baht a beer is half the price of a beer in Sydney or London.

I keep hearing about hoarding and profiteering but I'm yet to see it myself, beer is the usual price at the places I frequent.

The days of 50 baht beers are dying, deal with it or buy a box and drink at home.

Can't believe people moaning about beer prices here, even at a 100 baht a beer is half the price of a beer in Sydney or London.

I don't think it is moaning people just want cheaper beer can't see any thing wrong in that!! and yes beer in London will be way more expensive than it is here, personally I choose not to pay 100 bht for a small beer when I can get 2 big beers for 94 bht at my little local!!!

I don't think it is moaning people just want cheaper beer can't see any thing wrong in that!! and yes beer in London will be way more expensive than it is here, personally I choose not to pay 100 bht for a small beer when I can get 2 big beers for 94 bht at my little local!!!

Try drinking somewhere with a little atmosphere and view and the price of the beer is soon forgotten.

If you like drinking 50 baht beers in some mosquito ridden bar with a yong yong toilet on the back streets of Rawai, so be it but i'd expect the beer to be free if I had to endure that experience.

Some people leave their pride back home once they settle for the Boonlert lifestyle in Phuket.

Was down at 'Office Bar' opposite Aquamaster in Chalong 2 nights ago, Ice cold San Migs are only 60 baht all night, and not a bad atmosphere at all. I have actually had some decent sessions down there on past occasions and the owner doesnt mind shouting a drink back.

And its not a girly bar so there is no "Can you buy me dink?" Or "U hab girlfriend mai?"

Edited by snamos

• 2 weeks later...

made a new bar experience in Patong a week ago. Coming from Karon its where the road hits the beach, right side bunch of bars with shared music, most had beer from 60 baht, San Mig Light 70 baht, some have draught Tiger 60 baht, and the girls have to remain in bar to closing time 2am.

Not bad, and almost beach front :)

made a new bar experience in Patong a week ago. Coming from Karon its where the road hits the beach, right side bunch of bars with shared music, most had beer from 60 baht, San Mig Light 70 baht, some have draught Tiger 60 baht, and the girls have to remain in bar to closing time 2am.

Sounds like a good place , especially since the girls need to stay until 2am. They must be receiving some salary. Sorry to say, but pay anything more than you would at your local shop is a complete waste of money, especially with no entertainment. . At least the girls stay at the bar. Nothing wrong with goggling some eye candy while downing a nice cold one watching the girls doing their thing of course. . . Do you remember any of the names of the bars in the complex?

Sounds like a good place , especially since the girls need to stay until 2am. They must be receiving some salary. Sorry to say, but pay anything more than you would at your local shop is a complete waste of money, especially with no entertainment. . At least the girls stay at the bar. Nothing wrong with goggling some eye candy while downing a nice cold one watching the girls doing their thing of course. . . Do you remember any of the names of the bars in the complex?

I know the owner of Oceanview, so thats the only name I can recall, but thats not the bar I was in last week, and yes they girls start at 7k baht a month salary.

If it's where I think - there's Beach Bar & Dolphin Bar - smile.gif

If it's where I think - there's Beach Bar & Dolphin Bar - smile.gif

blue coral or something similar?