Problem With The Neighbour

I have a property which has a private road running through my neighbours land. Previous owner obtained written contract for us to use this portion of his land for access and road built. Now have problem with them as they have now set up a car repair shop on adjacent land (his land) about 10m away from my house. My questions are 1. is there any law about opening a business such as this close to houses? Also he uses our road to bring cars in/out is this allowed also (I understand people reading this thread have not seen the contract so maybe hard to get an answer to that). Sometimes cars have parked on our road and we have had to wait while he moves them.

Any help appriated

You say "written contract" to use this parcel of land for your access, who actually owns the land ?

He owns the land. Road area was measured by land office then built. Contract is a lease agreement between us/him whereby he allows access to the road for our use only. Agreement has been registered at land office

Why do farang always think they can stop thai people from doing what they want with their own land their was a thread not long ago same sort of thing but the thai neighbors had opened up restaurant/ karaoke bar as for the road what are you saying he cannot or you do not want him parking cars on a road that is actually on his land that is never gonna happen and you are just gonna piss him off and cause more problems if you try and make a big fuss of things.

Why do farang always think they can stop thai people from doing what they want with their own land their was a thread not long ago same sort of thing but the thai neighbors had opened up restaurant/ karaoke bar as for the road what are you saying he cannot or you do not want him parking cars on a road that is actually on his land that is never gonna happen and you are just gonna piss him off and cause more problems if you try and make a big fuss of things.

You comments noted and I am not trying to stop him, I am just asking what , if any rules govern this behavior? As it is not only me he impacts but other houses nearby. It is not like he has just opened a mom and pop shop, this is messy, noisy business among many households and if he cannot see how this may impact other people then it maybe down to the law to point this out to him. I understand that this is Thailand and the laws that are in place are not really enforced anyway.

Threads where foreigners claim to own property in Thailand are always interesting.

Sadly, it always seems to be a complaint about losing something that they shouldn't have tried to buy in the first place.

Just consider,

If you had rented the property, when the guy started causing problems, you could have just moved somewhere else.

Edited by ludditeman

Farangs often think this because in developed countries there are usually strict rules about zoning and planning, that are designed to prevent people (anyone, not just owners) from setting up noisy businesses in proximity to residents (anyone, not just owners).

The idea is to protect the resident from excess noise. This applies equally to tenants and owners who are resident. All of which seems entirely reasonable to me.

That's one of the differences between developed countries and developing countries.