Partner Visa Approved.

Great news, everyone. My wife received a call from the Embassy this afternoon to say her 309 has been approved. Relief is the best way to describe how I'm feeling right now. It took a lot of time and patience (and stress) to compile a solid application. Time for a few beers to reflect. Feel free to have one on my behalf. As luck would have it, I went to Bangkok on Friday and applied for a tourist visa at considerable cost. But hey, <deleted> happens. Mai pen rai.

I would like to thank everyone for their help during the past few months. Compiling these applications is not an easy task and would be nigh on impossible without comments from this forum. For those interested, the time line was; application submitted on 26th July ; Request for medical and request for further information 10th October; Visa approved 7th November. That's 15 weeks in total.

I have one final question. Her passport is currently at the Embassy for her tourist visa application. It would normally be posted back to her here in Southern Thailand. Will that remain the case, or will we have to go up to Bangkok to collect the passport and visa information?

Thanks again.

Good on ya Log'. That is great news. Yeah it's a shame that you went up there and lodged the TV, but whatever. "Mai phen rai" sums it up.

Why not ring the case officer back and remind her you have a tv app in, cancel it (you lose the money), but use the return envelope to send it back AFTER they stamp it. Maybe stating the obvious, but have you asked yet if they can do that?

Congrats

Good on ya Log'. That is great news. Yeah it's a shame that you went up there and lodged the TV, but whatever. "Mai phen rai" sums it up.

Why not ring the case officer back and remind her you have a tv app in, cancel it (you lose the money), but use the return envelope to send it back AFTER they stamp it. Maybe stating the obvious, but have you asked yet if they can do that?

Congrats

Thanks. I'm actually going to fly up and get it as the floods, coupled with Thai Post, make me a bit nervous. I'd rather be safe than sorry.