Getting A Replacement Thai Birth Certificate

nong38

Today my thai g/f has travelled to a neighbouring province too get a replacement birth certificate which has got lost in the floods. She thought it would be simple and straightforward, went into her junior school and got proof she went there inc photo at 6 years. She has her ID card which shows her date of birth, but when she went to the local admin the officer just laughed at her and refused to do anything, I suggested he might like some tea money, she said no he was not interested. We are in Nakhon Sawan and she had to go just over the border into Kampheang Phet. When she came back she tried in NS but they said it has to be done in the local admin in KP.

Does anybody have any thoughts how we can get this sorted out, it seems it should have been a fairly easy proceedure but that has not been the case, any helpful suggestions would we gratefully recieved, Thanks in advance :angry:

I know that in Bangkok one must go to the district office of the place of birth for reissues of birth certificates, for example Phaya Thai DO if one was born in Phaya Thai hospital. Therefore I would guess that your girlfriend would have to go to either the amphoe or provincial office of her birthplace.

She has gone back again to the home amphur and hopes to get a different, mor sympathic officer. I dont suppose she is the only one lose things the floods and I would have thought under the circumstances that it would have been straightforward to draw one up with the information in fron of them, its not as if you going to claim vast amounts of benefits with it is it? Thanks for your replies it seems like as we all know proceedures vary from area to area.

What a difference a day makes, same official and today he issues the certificate! Maybe it depends which side of bed he gets out of, or somebody else gave him a hard time yesterday, anyway we are now happy :D